Took a judo/sambo lesson and it was...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Amazing!

Took private session and class afterwards. Guy is legit since Oleg taktarov has done seminars with him.

I realized sambo is more similar to judo more than I thought. Been boxing for a decade if I get sambo/judo down I would be fucking deadly! Or probably old lol.

I can't bebelieve so many submission yet to be seen in UFC!!!!!

Why is that!?

Russians seem to be able to mix Vodka with Japanese MA and belch out pure genius.

Check out Kudo for the ultimate blend of Japanese striking and grappling art now dominated by Russians.

There's such thing as old an deadly. I'm just back on the mat after 3 years and major surgery tooling on guys almost half my age who're huffing and puffing back to their water bottles in between Randori rounds.

Go on the Contender series, now that you train UFC and all..

Why is that!?

There's not one reason, but the main reason is that many submissions that work well under sport rules don't work hardly at all in real fighting. For example, Sambo has a number of cool submissions against someone turtling up and being defensive...in the UFC, if someone takes the pressure off your turtle for even a second, you're standing up as quickly as possible. There's no time to set up and pull off those slick submissions, and you're better incentivized under the scoring to just stay on top and punch the guy anyway.

If you ever wonder why something hasn't shown up in high level MMA, ask yourself these questions:
  • If I try this, am I going to get punched?
  • Could I effectively punch the guy instead of trying this?
  • If I try this is there a high likelihood my opponent can just stand up and punch me?
And that will generally give you your answer.

There's not one reason, but the main reason is that many submissions that work well under sport rules don't work hardly at all in real fighting. For example, Sambo has a number of cool submissions against someone turtling up and being defensive...in the UFC, if someone takes the pressure off your turtle for even a second, you're standing up as quickly as possible. There's no time to set up and pull off those slick submissions, and you're better incentivized under the scoring to just stay on top and punch the guy anyway.

If you ever wonder why something hasn't shown up in high level MMA, ask yourself these questions:
  • If I try this is there a high likelihood my opponent can just stand up and punch me?

I get it but if a fighter was like fuck MMA records let's get crazy unconventional and adventurous with fights approach you might see that shit pulled off!

You feel me?

Go on the Contender series, now that you train UFC and all..

I swear to god bro I feel like I got way too much craziness these days. Been meditating and eating high quality foods with no money stress.

I feel like an energized carefree kid again. This is after all the stresses of finance and panic attacks as well as being around toxic human beings. Now I got a new lease on life!

You feel me?

I feel my turtle attacks for would work in MMA/street.

I have about three or four things from there I do.

First, I try to get a crucifix, wrist control, then go for the lapel choke or one armed choke no-gi (usually after rolling them to get my hips unhips underneath).

Option two, roll for Buchecha style armbar (like in his metamoris match with Roger), or roll for bow and arrow if I can get a good grip. These are both high percentage. I almost always finish the armbar, but I would probably not do this in a fight.

Three, get hooks in and go for sliding collar choke.

In a fight I probably would not put in hooks, but would do more of a wrestling ride and beat them up.

I think the sub stuff is legit but I agree hanging back and punching is a surer thing

Russians seem to be able to mix Vodka with Japanese MA and belch out pure genius.

Check out Kudo for the ultimate blend of Japanese striking and grappling art now dominated by Russians.

There's such thing as old an deadly. I'm just back on the mat after 3 years and major surgery tooling on guys almost half my age who're huffing and puffing back to their water bottles in between Randori rounds.

This is pretty much spot on!

I swear to god bro I feel like I got way too much craziness these days. Been meditating and eating high quality foods with no money stress.

I feel like an energized carefree kid again. This is after all the stresses of finance and panic attacks as well as being around toxic human beings. Now I got a new lease on life!

You feel me?

All bullshit aside, Happy your feeling good and doing well, Cheers..

All bullshit aside, Happy your feeling good and doing well, Cheers..

Thanks man I get excited because judo sambo opened my eyes for new possibilities of technique. I know gokor chivichiyan is a very respected sambo judo fighter and I am glad I found someone similar to him.

I just feel that we have yet to see the true potential of grappling techniques.

Amazing!

Took private session and class afterwards. Guy is legit since Oleg taktarov has done seminars with him.

I realized sambo is more similar to judo more than I thought. Been boxing for a decade if I get sambo/judo down I would be fucking deadly! Or probably old lol.

Why is that!?

Congrats man. Keep at it.

But sambo has much much less gripping restrictions, and they do a lot of leg tackling. Perhaps the instructor is just more inclined towards judo rulesets.

Sambo is pretty fun and really good if you can get any Russian/Ex-soviet coach. I prefer Judo without the boots, but I also like Sambo with the shorts.

It feels good being from the best Sambo country..

Kudo is basically combat sambo with space helmets.

Congrats man. Keep at it.

Thanks bro! Great exercise routine.

But sambo has much much less gripping restrictions, and they do a lot of leg tackling. Perhaps the instructor is just more inclined towards judo rulesets.

My first sub I learned was a leg lock. Second technique was another leg lock. The instructor teaches sambo but Also references the judo names that are Japanese. So I guess he preferrs hybrid.

Sambo is pretty fun and really good if you can get any Russian/Ex-soviet coach. I prefer Judo without the boots, but I also like Sambo with the shorts.

It feels good being from the best Sambo country..

Are you from Russia? My instructor is Russian. Great guy!

Kudo is basically combat sambo with space helmets.

So many grappling style that are obsecure it seems.

Back