too young?

chuteboxfan7

White Belt
Reaction score
im 14,turning 15 in may and have been working out consistently since i was about 12 almost 13. my question is am i too young to take creatine?more speciicially kre-alkalyn?and can somebody clarify what purple wrath is to me and if im too young for that too? im not completely sure about it

Red meat is loaded with creatine, do you eat red meat?

you arent going to hurt yourself, just make sure you drink plenty of water and dont think that creatine will make you have crazy gains. At your age, you are growing, and if i were you I would stick to a clean diet of lots of lean protein (lean ground beef/chicken) lots of veggies and complex carbs and tons of water. Eat well, and train and be patient and over time you will get some gains. BUt you dont NEED creatine. Make sure you got everything else in line first and then maybe add it in.

you arent going to hurt yourself, just make sure you drink plenty of water and dont think that creatine will make you have crazy gains. At your age, you are growing, and if i were you I would stick to a clean diet of lots of lean protein (lean ground beef/chicken) lots of veggies and complex carbs and tons of water. Eat well, and train and be patient and over time you will get some gains. BUt you dont NEED creatine. Make sure you got everything else in line first and then maybe add it in.

ok.thanks.your thoughts on using purple wrath?

You still have a lot of natural growing to do at that age. If i were you i would wait till you get 20-25 and get a better idea of how your body is going to be.

That being said i was agasint supplements when i was young, but that doesnt mean its bad for you, just something in the back of my head told me to stay away from them.

Yeah. Creatine's not going to make or break you. I just think due to the negative conotations people have about teenagers who use creatine, you might be better off just focusing on proper eating habits, just to save you some grief, UNLESS of course your parents etc. are open minded about stuff like this.

The first time I took Creatine I was around 16 years old and in hindsight I wish I hadn't. Not because it affected my health, but because of my family giving me grief about it due to their own ignorance. You know how it goes, someone hears from someone who heard from someone, who heard from someone else.....that creatine is "dangerous." It becomes a huge pain in the ass.

Yeah. Creatine's not going to make or break you. I just think due to the negative conotations people have about teenagers who use creatine, you might be better off just focusing on proper eating habits, just to save you some grief, UNLESS of course your parents etc. are open minded about stuff like this.

The first time I took Creatine I was around 16 years old and in hindsight I wish I hadn't. Not because it affected my health, but because of my family giving me grief about it due to their own ignorance. You know how it goes, someone hears from someone who heard from someone, who heard from someone else.....that creatine is "dangerous." It becomes a huge pain in the ass.

I agree. I took it when I was about 15-16. I bought one bottle and gave it up on account of all the bullshit. When you are a kid you bounce back real fast anyway, so it probably isn't quite as important.

If you work out for a few months on a good diet, loaded with meat and good veggies, then feel like you need a little extra push, 5g/day of monohydrate would be a good idea. (to be honest, this is what I did as well, and I was 21 at the time.)

I agree. I took it when I was about 15-16. I bought one bottle and gave it up on account of all the bullshit. When you are a kid you bounce back real fast anyway, so it probably isn't quite as important.

If you work out for a few months on a good diet, loaded with meat and good veggies, then feel like you need a little extra push, 5g/day of monohydrate would be a good idea. (to be honest, this is what I did as well, and I was 21 at the time.)

With my parents, if I so much as had a runny nose or a headache it was always "you shouldn't be taking that crea stuff, it's teh dangerous." Which of course just intensified my headache further.

The second half of this is something to really consiter. i know i was ignorant to it and really snubed people who took it when i went to school, then again i was the guy who woudlnt touch a pill because i belived if my body didnt get enough of something it was better and would adjust rather then take something man made.(looking back on this i know i was in the wrong, but truthfuly i couldnt afford all the healthy stuff so it might have been my way to rationalize my situation)

Etiher way at least your doing your "homework" on it and not just buying a bottle and going for it, as long as you consiter the "bitches" wont love you because your taking creatine i think you will be fine :p Make sure your taking it for the right reasons.

honestly at your age... it is a waste of money that could be much better spent elsewhere...

With my parents, if I so much as had a runny nose or a headache it was always "you shouldn't be taking that crea stuff, it's teh dangerous." Which of course just intensified my headache further.

LMAO!

I too had some people come up to me and say, "Oh you shouldnt take that stuff. Its dangerous! Some kid that I knew died from it." LOL! But then they dont have proof or anything to back it up. retards. :rolleyes:

To the TS...Yeah man...just listen to everyone's advice here. Dont worry about the creatine. Its not THAT important. Eat right, train right, and thats the bottom line bro.

lol, you`re not too young.
BTW, I think I saw an episode of SCI where this guy died of creatine.

Since people are talking about creatine but you also wanted to know about Purple Wrath...

1. What is Purple Wrath?
Primarily it's L-Arginine and Beta Alanine. There are threads describing both. Just use the search function to find them.

2. Should you take Arginine and BA at your age?
Not in my opinion. They're costly and under studied supplements. Spend your money on quality food.

LMAO!

I too had some people come up to me and say, "Oh you shouldnt take that stuff. Its dangerous! Some kid that I knew died from it." LOL! But then they dont have proof or anything to back it up. retards. :rolleyes:

To the TS...Yeah man...just listen to everyone's advice here. Dont worry about the creatine. Its not THAT important. Eat right, train right, and thats the bottom line bro.

Most people who say that shit, don't even know what it is or what it does.

I'm kind of surprised at some of the responses here !

At 15, you shouldn't even NEED to use creatine, what with all the testosterone and anabolic processes going, it's a waste of time.

Creatine taken as it should isn't dangerous, but hardly necessary for somone so young.

How an individual benefits from creatine varies - it depends on genetics and diet.

If you eat alot of red meat and get enough creatine in your diet, taking creatine will not change much, as opposed to a diet with little meat, where you'll notice a big difference.

Most 15 year olds have an abundance of energy and in my opinion ( as a creatine user ) the mindset of needing to use supplements from an early age will make you more open to using other more "potent" supplements earlier and can prove addicting.

You don't need creatine kid at your age, unless you're a vegetarian with anemia.

I'd save your money or your parent's money. I'm assuming it is either from your allowance or directly from your parents since you are probably too young to be working. Anyways, even if you do have a job, I'm assuming $30 or so is a lot more money to you than it is to us old folk. I don't think the money you will be spending on it is worth the gains you'll get from it at your age.

Back