Social Too Old to Drink

Last night I threw a half rack back for the first time in 12 days... Life is much better not.

I mainly for the factory reset.

have you tried that sleepy time tea with valerian root? I think the extra strength ones have the valerian root, which has worked for me. Then there's melatonin and diphenhydramine (what's in Benadryl). For me, the quick dissolve melatonin works better than regular; taking regular seemed to make me wake up for no reason around 3-4am.

Shame you're drug tested and can't take delta-8, which offers the relaxation and sleepiness of booze

I might go shop for sleepy time tea. Benadryl hits me too hard. I'd have to take childrens lol.

I might go shop for sleepy time tea. Benadryl hits me too hard. I'd have to take childrens lol.
yeah that's the downside of diphenhydramine, if you don't get a good night's sleep then you're in rough shape the next day. I only use it in the spring, when that yellow pollen is swirling around and coating everything

Haha. You called him a pussy then stated you can handle 15 beers over 9 hours! That's less than 2 beers an hour. You are too hardcore. I'm deeply concerned for your liver. 2 an hour! I'm not sure why it made me laugh so much but that was too good.

<Dany07>
I've never heard anyone bragging about being able to drink lite beers

The nature of my work and family life is that I can't afford to be tired. I have to be on all day.

For years, I've used alcohol to sleep. Not a lot. A couple of beers. Two glasses of wine at most. Buzzed, but not dizzy or dumb. And i often take breaks so i never build up a resistance.

Recently, nights i have a night cap, the whole next day I'm tired. If i don't drink, I'm fine. The obvious solution is to quit drinking at night, but that's like the main thing i look forward to. I love drinking at night. I can replace it with tea but I don't want too.

Is this a common, life ruining change for people in their 40s, or am I sick and dying? Let me know.

It get's easier when your kids are a little older. I realized the same thing as you when my kids were infants. I had no problem getting up and down all night, I don't need a lot of sleep. On the other hand, if I had even one drink I would feel terrible in the morning if I had to get up a couple of times at night.

Back