Social Too Old to Drink

The nature of my work and family life is that I can't afford to be tired. I have to be on all day.

For years, I've used alcohol to sleep. Not a lot. A couple of beers. Two glasses of wine at most. Buzzed, but not dizzy or dumb. And i often take breaks so i never build up a resistance.

Recently, nights i have a night cap, the whole next day I'm tired. If i don't drink, I'm fine. The obvious solution is to quit drinking at night, but that's like the main thing i look forward to. I love drinking at night. I can replace it with tea but I don't want too.

Is this a common, life ruining change for people in their 40s, or am I sick and dying? Let me know.
It's the booze dude. I'm 35, had 4 shots in the span of 2.5 hours and was absolutely destroyed the next day.

My bad I saw cap and thought CPAP.

Booze limits the amount of deep restful sleep you get. If you are only having 2 drinks that shouldn't do too much, but everyone's body handles 2 drinks differently.

Try some sleep tea from the grocery store and less drinks. Might help.

My fate. lol

Why not do the mary juwannas instead

I have 50/50 custody of a 4-year-old. Busted drug test could fuck me if my ex ever got pissed. My girlfriend smokes so my ex will already be suspecting she could catch me with that. Have to live clean. I have a bunch of pistols so even if I could get medical or some off brand CBD bullshit, still isn't worth it.

Like 3-4.

I'm not saying I'll pass out, but I need no brain fog to write, or to be alert enough to talk to a kid for 9+ hours without a break, and without snapping.

The nature of my work and family life is that I can't afford to be tired. I have to be on all day.

For years, I've used alcohol to sleep. Not a lot. A couple of beers. Two glasses of wine at most. Buzzed, but not dizzy or dumb. And i often take breaks so i never build up a resistance.

Recently, nights i have a night cap, the whole next day I'm tired. If i don't drink, I'm fine. The obvious solution is to quit drinking at night, but that's like the main thing i look forward to. I love drinking at night. I can replace it with tea but I don't want too.

Is this a common, life ruining change for people in their 40s, or am I sick and dying? Let me know.

I was the last born son and earliest I can remember my father’s age he was 36. My whole youth growing up I never saw him drink. Not until just over the holidays we had a heart to heart talk and he revealed he used to drink and smoke a lot when he was younger. I was pretty amazed I’ve always known him to be a man with virtually no vice.

Point is Sherbro, your health is not for yourself anymore but for your family. Take it in stride, no shame at all.

Like 3-4.

I'm not saying I'll pass out, but I need no brain fog to write, or to be alert enough to talk to a kid for 9+ hours without a break, and without snapping.
That's a low score. Do you snore? Overweight? Dm me if you don't want to say here.

I have 50/50 custody of a 4-year-old. Busted drug test could fuck me if my ex ever got pissed. My girlfriend smokes so my ex will already be suspecting she could catch me with that. Have to live clean. I have a bunch of pistols so even if I could get medical or some off brand CBD bullshit, still isn't worth it.

Every time I ever drank at night, (beer) seems like I'd fall asleep a little easier, but it didnt really produce rested sleep.

There was an inclination to do it it again, even knowing the result. That's the rub.

Try a month or so off it to test the result? Might like it better off, once you get past the desire part.

You sound like a pussy who pampered yourself throughout the years and now can't handle shit. Im late 40's and probably can handle more beer then i should. It will be the death of me im sure, but fuck it, i am a friendly social drunk, and you only live once.
For reference, i can kill a miller lite 15 pack in a night. Tahts starting at 5pm to probably 2am.

Maybe it’s because you have tired blood. Try some geritol.
s-l400.jpg

40 is a water shed moment physically. You have to start to new patterns due to wear a tear, physical changes. I’m experiencing similar stuff with food, habits and other things.

40 is a water shed moment physically. You have to start to new patterns due to wear a tear, physical changes. I’m experiencing similar stuff with food, habits and other things.
It is called "over the hill" for a reason, but just drinking alone, if you have been building a tolerence for years , and im talking just beer not hard liquor, you can handle a lot more then if you nursed a few glasses of wine a week.
A perfect example, is i know people in their ( late ) 60's still doing hardcore street drugs like speed, blow ..ect...ect how have these motherfuckers not even have a stroke or heart attack! Its crazy!

It is called "over the hill" for a reason, but just drinking alone, if you have been building a tolerence for years , and im talking just beer not hard liquor, you can handle a lot more then if you nursed a few glasses of wine a week.
A perfect example, is i know people in their ( late ) 60's still doing hardcore street drugs like speed, blow ..ect...ect how have these motherfuckers not even have a stroke or heart attack! Its crazy!
Yeah, also genetics and metabolism vary wildly for every people.

Back