Too much politics in the UFC

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Charnel2500, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Charnel2500 Blue Belt

What do you think about that. I'm sick of this. On the one hand we have Woodley who talk about this Kaepernick, on the other hand we have Colby who talked about Donald Trump. Snoop Dogg who screamed something about Donald Trump, when Till fought against Woodley. And of course we have LGBT propaganda and this T-shirt "We are all fighters" or UFC also sponsored pride march in NY.

I just want to watch fights and that's it.

2. Benoitthegr8 Bum Life Practitioner Platinum Member

3. Rvd Slmr Silver Belt

You'd have to be pretty light on the intellectual and cultural side to feel uneasy and challenged about people expressing fairly mainstream opinions.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  4. LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

That's not true though you also like picking fights and when you pick wrong you change your OP to try to hide it.

5. Thomas Anders Banned Banned

It would be a lot easier to follow if it was a real sport with actual rules as to how you earned a title shot. Unfortunately it's worse than boxing because one company has a monopoly.

6. Iron Monger Brown Belt

I think there's a middle ground. Sports will always be a platform for political expression as long as it gives public exposure, look at muhammad ali adn a lot of athletes who used their position to be voice of the voiceless.

But at the same time it must stay entertainment, too much of it is sickening especially when it's overused not to express opinions but just to sell a gimmick ala Colby or pushing the lgbt thing down our throats at every corner like WME is trying to do.

So a certain amount is ok, but too much makes it boring. We want to see fights first, political requests will alwaya be a side thing.

7. Credo Proper Gold

Just watch the fights then and stop caring.

<{vega}>

8. youllneverwalkalone Purple Belt

Well, MMA seems to be all but just "watching fights" these days.

Also, this :D

9. ftpngo Green Belt

How much politics is there in a ufc broadcast?
    Is politics really stopping you from enjoying a fight night?

A handful of fighters expressed political views on social media. How is that ruining the fights for you?

10. AyDeeDee Banned Banned

There's hardly any politics in the UFC as an organization. UFC fighters on the other hand are simply human beings who have views on politics, why shouldn't they share them?

I think you need to stop being such a snowflake.

11. Tuf_guy Gold Belt

Good luck with that considering the infestation of lib SJWs and snowflake cucks snowflaking everywhere. Those people never stop talking about politics.

Thanks Obama.

12. AyDeeDee Banned Banned

[​IMG]

13. Tuf_guy Gold Belt

These sensitive snowflakes really grind my gears. They need to go back to their PC safe space so I don't have to hear them. I'm for free speech.

14. venivedivici Brown Belt

Not for gay Jesus

15. Rebli19 Yellow Belt

It’s ok the way it is, what do you want, the UFC to strip Colby and Tyron ? Come on

16. Threetrees BLM

Lmfao stop being so triggered TS

17. Alxair Brown Belt

The only politics bothering me are company politics of the UFC in how they handle title shots and giving preferential treatment to some fighters.

If a fighter has a political stance and wants to use their fame as a platform I don't care.

18. beastman Silver Belt

Every fighter is their own enterprise and their own team. They can express themselves as they see fit. During a fight there is no politics, it's just a one on one battle to see who is the best on that night.

The LGBT shirt isn't really about politics IMO. There are openly gay athletes in the UFC and the organization supports them. I think that is just a normal thing to do for employees. People shouldn't discriminate against others.

19. Diunx Banned Banned

lmao how is gay pride political? also Woodley just expressed his opinion about a current event the fans are the ones that decided to get butt hurt about it and keep mention it the entire weekend.

20. Only Here for Attachments Stipe Justice Warrior

You have Woodley parroting Liberal talking points and Colby parroting Alt-Right talking points. Both of which are stereotypical as fuck and not serious. Easy to ignore.

WME on the other hand, they're about to do some damage in the next 2 years. Just wait and see