Too much biotin?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by BrittyHMS, Nov 10, 2005.

1. BrittyHMS

BrittyHMS Orange Belt

I'm taking biotin, as well as a multi-vitamin daily to make my nails stronger and to help digest all the extra protein I'm getting from the semi-Atkins diet that I'm on. Anyway, I'm taking 250% of what the daily suggested dose is (including both the straight biotin and what's in the multi-vitamin), but I want to take as much as possible. I've seen things up to 500%, so do you think I could bump it up to 2 doses of the straight biotin on top of the multi-vitamin (making it a total of 350%)??? Thank you!!!

2. supersudo

supersudo Purple Belt

well, u ain't listening to our non-atkins advice, so what makes us wana give u advice for biotin? lol :D

yeh, but anyway, nail, hair, and skin health is all related to liver health.. having a strong liver will make ur hair and nails grow faster and stronger, and improve ur skin's complexion.. (i'm an expert in this field cuz i had to learn all this to get rid of my acne--and it worked!)

i recommend:
    fish oil, greens powder or pills, fiber powder, .... (do u guys notice a pattern in my responses? lol :wink: ) also vitamin A & E, Zinc, all ur b-vitamins, selenium, MSM, and a good absorbable magnesium supplement (don't get magnesium OXIDE)

and to answer ur question, biotin is a b-vitamin and b-vitamins are water-soluble.. so u can take as much as u want.. u just piss out any excess turning ur urine bright yellow..

remember: u absorb more taking less--more times throughout the day, rather than all at once :D

3. BrittyHMS

BrittyHMS Orange Belt

For your information mister, I *have* been listening to your non-Atkins advice! That's why I wrote *semi-*Atkins. lol :D I ate wheat bread today, just like I said that I would, and tonight, maybe I'll have some starchy-type vegetables, such as carrots or squash. Anyway, about the biotin, good to know! I am going to take 300 mcg in the morning, and then 300mcg at night + the 450 mcg in the multi-vitamin. :D That sounds good! If I start pissing bright yellow, I'll stop taking the morning dose.

I wonder if I have a biotin defficiency because I have VERY thick hair that grows soooo much that it's not even funny, and I've never had acne or anything (I'd say that I get 3 little pimples a year, if that, even in my teen/hormonal years), BUT I have the weakest, 'bendy' nails that I've ever seen!!! Well, come to think of it, I bet that's because I bit them from when I was 3 until like 16. . . And I have relapses every now and then. In any case, I think that biotin will help. :D Gracias senor!