Too much being made of Ronda being "exposed"

The female thing was yours, not mine. And lmao, nobody's kicking Floyd in the head. Even if he eats a leg or body kick (provided he's not utilizing footwork), that person kicking him is getting lit up.

I have zero doubt Floyd would get crushed under MMA rules by a significant number of fighters, but none of those fighters at women SW.

This isn't even a good gimmick, man.
why would they need to kick him in the head? They'd only have to target the leg, either he is going to check it and be immediately vulnerable for a takedown or he would keep eating them until his lateral movement was seriously compromised, amazing how many people think they know boxing without actually knowing boxing.

why would they need to kick him in the head? They'd only have to target the leg, either he is going to check it and be immediately vulnerable for a takedown or he would keep eating them until his lateral movement was seriously compromised, amazing how many people think they know boxing without actually knowing boxing.
So Floyd isn't allowed to throw punches or something?

Ronda was exposed as having no business fighting anytime soon. It has less to do with her actual skills and potential and more to do with her mental state and coaching.

But there's nothing that says Ronda has to be a fighter or a movie star. She's got money, she might just live a casual life or open a small business.

I agree that the whole "exposed" term gets thrown around quite liberally around here, but it seems very appropriate in this case.

Ronda has been exposed, it's official her stand up is so amateur, that has been revealed and confirmed in her last 2 fights.

She had 2 tko's due to strikes leading up to that, people were thinking she was well rounded. She's not. She's awful at half of mma.

Technique beats strength, you probably train in some renovated crack den and think it makes you an expert on everything, Floyd would have no idea what to do, all it would take is some fake kicks and an easy foot sweep.
I think Miesha or McMann would beat Floyd, I doubt most of the SW grapplers would except *maybe* Gadelha who's like small BW sized. The strength difference would be too big, I'd expect that Floyd has roughhoused enough being a male to know how to do a rudimentary pseudo-sprawl which would be enough for the likes of PVZ.

So Floyd isn't allowed to throw punches or something?
Of course he's allowed but why would he? Just gives opportunity for takedowns, how is he going to feel when his backpedaling gets severely compromised from getting leg kicked to shit? Floyds hands are so brittle he'd immediately break his hands anyway.

Technique beats strength, you probably train in some renovated crack den and think it makes you an expert on everything, Floyd would have no idea what to do, all it would take is some fake kicks and an easy foot sweep.

Confess.

You're a schmoe, right? You're a dude whose fantasy is getting dominated by strong women?

I have yet to see any wrestling in WMMA that would let a woman handle a similarly sized man who is even modestly athletic. The strength and speed difference between adult men and women is pretty significant. I've trained with Olympic level female judoka and yeah, they're strong, but not THAT strong.

And we're talking about Floyd here.

Confess.

You're a schmoe, right? You're a dude whose fantasy is getting dominated by strong women?

I have yet to see any wrestling in WMMA that would let a woman handle a similarly sized man who is even modestly athletic. The strength and speed difference between adult men and women is pretty significant. I've trained with Olympic level female judoka and yeah, they're strong, but not THAT strong.

And we're talking about Floyd here.
Yeah we're talking about Floyd, a 40 year old with fragile hands who has never defended a takedown or a kick in his life, kick his knees out from under him he'd have no idea what to do.

Of course he's allowed but why would he? Just gives opportunity for takedowns, how is he going to feel when his backpedaling gets severely compromised from getting leg kicked to shit? Floyds hands are so brittle he'd immediately break his hands anyway.
Your shtick is a couple years too late. Anyone who actually believed what you are saying (and there were plenty) are long gone. Except for TS, he still believes it.

Everyone with a functioning brain knew that if Nunes won, it would most likely be in a similar manner to what happened. Even I as a huge Ronda fan (though also a Nunes fan) said yesterday it could very well happen. http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/125543493/ That's just how Nunes fights/wins, nothing unexpected other than maybe Ronda lasting even less time than Tate and McMann, but that kind of variance is still normal in fighting. Plus Nunes was probably more careful against them due to the wrestling threat.
Oh, so it was just expected then?

It was just a routine win, and we all should have seen this coming yeah? Is that what you are saying?

You're very much sounding like a "oh, but we knew Ronda wasn't that good anyway" fairweather fan type.

Yep, you have never trained in your life. If you truly believe that, then why are there no intersex matches or why do they have weight classes or why do people cut weight, etc etc?

I understand its hard to admit you are wrong or have zero clue, but please stop posting about fighting until you actually have a baseline knowledge that isn't you trying to rationlise why women beat you up.

Oh, so it was just expected then?

It was just a routine win, and we all should have seen this coming yeah? Is that what you are saying?

You're very much sounding like a "oh, but we knew Ronda wasn't that good anyway" fairweather fan type.
No, I'm saying it was always possible, I'm just not blind and think my favorite fighters will win 100% and try to be aware of what the most likely way their opponents will win if they do.

It's the people are super confident all the time who are irrational fanboys. I was only super confident about Ronda beating Bethe and Holm (lol, so wrong) because Holm was so unimpressive before then.

I view it like Conor crushing Alvarez or Rumble crushing Gus, it doesn't mean Alvarez and Gus suck it just means a fight went the way of a destructive standup fighter leading to the obvious result.
Nonsense comparison, and you know it.

This wasn't a once off, this would happen every single time they fought ever.

You cannot say the same thing for either of the other 2 examples. Also, Alvarez and Gustafsson didn't get saved by a referee in 48 seconds and finished from inside of the first exchange.

TS, you are just trying to downplay the loss here.

"Oh, but we all knew this might happen"

No, not all of us. Some motherfuckers were talking about "hip-toss and armbar for Ronda, should be a pretty easy fight, you'll all be surprised."

Well, I was surprised, but not at how great Ronda was and the fact she won, like some of these bozos predicted. I was surprised how bad someone with that much prep time and that much resource available to them could look that bad.

I genuinely thought and even said many times in conversations with others - this will probably be over in the first exchange. I take a lot of pride and get a lot of satisfaction in being proven right here, I cannot tell a lie.

Yes, Nunes is known as a quick starter and someone who explodes early - but don't try soften this blow like Ronda had some success. Her stance was awful, her chin is awful, an ability to hide the hurt is awful, she was HORRIBLE.

Amanda didn't even need to break a sweat, and this wasn't even Amanda looking great. It was someone who has absolutely no Plan B and no idea how to strike. NONE!
You're all right but "her chin is awful", with the sheer amount of beating she took I'd say she actually have a pretty good chin.

She has not being exposed this time, though, exposing was RR vs HH, this last fight just confirmed two things about Rousey:
- Terrible standup
- One and only trick available for that poor, sore Pony.

I for myself couldn't say what was going to happen, maybe Ronda could have improve her standup (afterall it was 1 whole year), or dig deeper and deeper in her only card and succeed, or just change a bit, neither happened.

Yep, you have never trained in your life. If you truly believe that, then why are there no intersex matches or why do they have weight classes or why do people cut weight, etc etc?

I understand its hard to admit you are wrong or have zero clue, but please stop posting about fighting until you actually have a baseline knowledge that isn't you trying to rationlise why women beat you up.
Because it's completely unethical and would cause an absolute shit storm, it's so pathetic watching you get so salty watching me school you. I'm not saying they could do it against their male counterparts, but to an untrained midget like Floyd? Sure they could.

Nonsense comparison, and you know it.

This wasn't a once off, this would happen every single time they fought ever.
Maybe in Ronda's current mental state, but probably not if Ronda wasn't broken. Nunes would win the majority of times sure.

No, I'm saying it was always possible, I'm just not blind and think my favorite fighters will win 100% and try to be aware of what the most likely way their opponents will win if they do.

It's the people are super confident all the time who are irrational fanboys.
I understand your premise, but it sounds like you're watering down the victory here.

"Oh but Amanda just does that."

Well Holly doesn't blow people out of the water, and that happened so...

Amanda has a few wins inside of a minute, but against very weak competition. This is supposedly the best woman's fighter ever, and she didn't land a punch. She wasn't one punch slept, she was systematically embarrassed and saved by the referee from being decapitated again.

You have to slaughter that performance, just like I did with Eddie against Conor. Only thing is, Eddie has the skills to at least make it half-competitive with Conor, with better execution of his gameplan and less fundamental errors. Eddie made mistakes we've never seen before.

Ronda actually doesn't know how to strike, at all. Has one move, and that is it.

Because it's completely unethical and would cause an absolute shit storm, it's so pathetic watching you get so salty watching me school you. I'm not saying they could do it against their male counterparts, but to an untrained midget like Floyd? Sure they could.

How many times can you be wrong?

Back