Too black for Brazil

Yeah, that's true, but the influx was from Europe in general. There's lot of European nationalities represented in Argentina. Jews, too.
argentina has no true national identity

this is a meme personified

3:36

brazilians tend to be more reserved towards strangers compared to hispanic latin americans
I haven't experienced that at all but then again I'm half Brazilian so maybe that's enough to get other Brazilians to be so friendly with me.

argentina has no true national identity

this is a meme personified

3:36

LOL, i love it when they are all Viva Spain until they show Messi on a spanish uniform, then you could see the fury of independence in their eyes.

Seems pretty racist and seems like something Nordicists would put out. I know from me elementary research that they redefine the 'white race' to ONLY include their precious Germanic's and those derived from existing groups now encompassed in the Anglo-mixed lands. For example Celts seem to meet their definition but not many Slavs or other European or 'white quantity' or derived individuals. I guess it is the obsession with Hitler and his even more narrowed definition of 'master race'.

I remember hearing some people class people from India as caucasoid (or black caucasian?) for some reason. Although others do contend it strongly, but yeah.

For us Celts there was a time when the pro Anglo-Saxon anthropologists claimed we, along with those of the negroid subset, evolved from neanderthals or something like that too wasn't there? I may have the specifics slightly wrong there, I remember an illustration though which showed jawlines and sloping brows or something like that.

Funnily enough I was watching a documentary recently in which a (single race) geneticist/biologist argued that mixed-race individuals have an inherent genetic natural advantage over people from smaller gene pools (ie single race individuals). I don't know if they were right or not, but having bred dogs for 30 years I know enough to understand their argument and see their point. Interesting stuff.

Wait, I digressed pretty badly just then. My bad.

there was forced intermixing to eliminating peoples/culture

Forced intermixing? thats news to me, intermixing ha
I remember hearing some people class people from India as caucasoid (or black caucasian?) for some reason. Although others do contend it strongly, but yeah.

For us Celts there was a time when the pro Anglo-Saxon anthropologists claimed we, along with those of the negroid subset, evolved from neanderthals or something like that too wasn't there? I may have the specifics slightly wrong there, I remember an illustration though which showed jawlines and sloping brows or something like that.

Funnily enough I was watching a documentary recently in which a (single race) geneticist/biologist argued that mixed-race individuals have an inherent genetic natural advantage over people from smaller gene pools (ie single race individuals). I don't know if they were right or not, but having bred dogs for 30 years I know enough to understand their argument and see their point. Interesting stuff.

Wait, I digressed pretty badly just then. My bad.

scientific_racism_irish1.jpg

raceandcolour_irish.jpg

Forced intermixing? thats news to me, intermixing ha

scientific_racism_irish1.jpg

raceandcolour_irish.jpg

The very one, the top one. Go raibh maith agat.

It's interesting how seriously certain elements within the Anglosphere took that proposed connection between Irish and those of African descent - from Irish slaves throughout the West Indies and greater Caribbean (who at some points even retained less rights than the African slaves) to "No Irish need apply" being a common sight on help wanted signs in storefront windows, and even to the latter part of the 20th century when "No Irish or dogs" signs could still be seen outside bars in certain areas.

One of the most underrated memes out there is the Argentina is White meme.
076.png

argentina is one of the most delusional when it comes to labeling themselves, "white". a lot of argentines have the looks and features of diego maradona. have you ever seen diego maradona? he looks like what most folks would consider native-american latino. not, "white". of course a lot of argentines have light skin and features. but they all seem to lump themselves into this lily-white look. this is true for a lot of latin america, as has been states in this thread.

argentina is one of the most delusional when it comes to labeling themselves, "white". a lot of argentines have the looks and features of diego maradona. have you ever seen diego maradona? he looks like what most folks would consider native-american latino. not, "white". of course a lot of argentines have light skin and features. but they all seem to lump themselves into this lily-white look. this is true for a lot of latin america, as has been states in this thread.

Argentinian, european contributions amount for like 80% of their genetic makeup, they are white, if by white we talk about european.

The issue here is that white usually meant anglo-germanic, mediterraneans were "off whites" like persians, arabs, berbers.

Argentinian, european contributions amount for like 80% of their genetic makeup, they are white, if by white we talk about european.

The issue here is that white usually meant anglo-germanic, mediterraneans were "off whites" like persians, arabs, berbers.

completely agreed. i mentioned, "lily-white" because some people see a difference between northern europeans and southern european, when it comes to the general term, "european". kind of how the italians were first discriminated when they immigrated to the united states by the english and german-blooded americans.

I know there is enough racism in South America, but what confused me about the meme is that it is a reply to a specific kind of racism-- one that takes pride in the country being predominantly white. For one, Argentina is predominantly white. Secondly, it's obvious there are Indigenous folk there, it's South America, they were there first.

in my opinion, argentines have a wider definition of what they consider white. that's why i personally brought up diego maradona as an example. a lot of people who look like him consider themselves white, while others wouldn't. so european = / = white, by some folks, as far as what they consider the look of a white person to be.

in my opinion, argentines have a wider definition of what they consider white. that's why i personally brought up diego maradona as an example. a lot of people who look like him consider themselves white, while others wouldn't. so european = / = white, by some folks, as far as what they consider the look of a white person to be.

Sometimes it gets confusing, but it's not always racism, as in claiming white for superiority.

The racist dynamic is pretty different in latin america, for once because there are no well-defined barriers as to who belongs to one group or another.

Who is white and who is not? thats something you cant possibly tell in latin america, therefore racism takes an approach that most resembles class discrimination.
This is probably the most accurate way to describe the situation in Mexico.

4chan is just merciless. Relentless attacks below the belt of human decency. Like a trainwreck.
4chan is the most bipolar site on the net. Some of the absolute worst things that have happened in the internet age have happened out of 4chan. On the other hand, some of the most gut-bursting laughs I've ever had have come from the chan websites. It's Something Awful on steroids.

Had a Brazilian girlfriend (light tan skinned) from 2010 - 2012. She said racism barely exists in the US when compared to Brazil.

Back