Tony would be a huge draw if he comes back

Only hardcore fans will buy a Ferguson PPV. Even the fight with Khabib barely does over 500k. Sorry Ferguson fans but the guy is unknown to the casual fans

Aside from the sherscience and sherlock investigators from this case in the last 24 hours or so, I want to talk about what kind of impact this could have on Tony's career if he came back from it.

I don't know the full context of his situation and how he's doing, but I just hope he returns to full health, fighting aside.

But from an MMA fan's perspective, I could see him become a huge draw if he returned after all of this. The intrigue would be there, ESPN would jump all over this, some people would sympethize with him....He'd be a marketing dream.

Thoughts?
You and I must have a very different definition of the term marketing dream. What you expect massive sympathy PPV numbers?

That's because Alvarez has never been a draw, and people don't really care about championship. Nate has never been proved either since his PPV bouts are only with Conor, so whether the numbers are helped by Nate or Conor alone is irrelevant. Casuals only cares about who's headlining. Conor was already a household name after the Aldo fight with 1.4 mil buys, and his first fight with Nate only upped just about 100k. I'm not buying it.
Alverez should have been irrelevant given the context of the fight if it was all just Conor and lol at people not caring about titles, especially involving Conor and a chance to hold 2 belts at once.

Nate while not having any PPV credentials did hold records for cards he headlined on cable TV which would indicate he had some popularity in his own right.

Nate while not having any PPV credentials did hold records for cards he headlined on cable TV which would indicate he had some popularity in his own right.
True Nate was pretty well-known because of his TV exposures.

Only hardcore fans will buy a Ferguson PPV. Even the fight with Khabib barely does over 500k. Sorry Ferguson fans but the guy is unknown to the casual fans

In this day and age all of the top fighters are known or heard of by the supposed casuals.

The difference is who are you willing to pay to see, despite how prevalent and easy it is to stream for free.

Back