Tony vs Max is a stupid fight

What intriguing fights are there at FW for Max?

He's already having weight cut issues. He might as well move up now.

It's his best chance at becoming interim double champ and jumping everyone to fight Khabib.

For a superfight there shouldn't be intruiging fights on either side. That was why GSP v Penn happened and why GSP v AS almost happened. 155 is a very very different story from 145 thus no super fight. The fact the superfight is between a champ and number one contender tells the story. The issue here isn't 145. Besides remember a 145 champ going to 155, I remember it being an epic clusterfuck that the division has still never recovered from. If Max wins why not just bisband 145? After all besides Aldo every single 145 champ has been a 155 champ and so has Edgar? This shit just fucks with the importance of divisions. Why even care about the 145 belt when everyone at 145 just goes up to blow up 155 anyway? Also new 145 fan but there's no one in position to contend, division isn't cleaned out, just no one's a clear choice for a title shot. Max has TWO title defenses. TWO.

It's a stupid fight.

You're going to give the FW champion, who JUST RETURNED from a year long absence, a shot at the interim title, a weight class above?

Cool, so what if he wins? He fights Khabib in November and we don't get a FW title fight for another year when we have contenders waiting?

Fuck that. It's a great fight. Can't wait. Fuck this clown.

Amazing fight for the fans, but a stupid fight at this time. Both are on monster streaks and a loss could halt all that momentum. Too much at stake for just an interim belt. Max should only move up for the real title and Tony should only be fighting for the real title.

it's the ultimate FIGHTING championship not ultimate win streak championship.

Tony vs Khabib should be booked as soon as Khabib is cleared period. Tony is the guy to deserve a title shot the most in all MMA and shouldn't be given another fight that might risk his extremely well-deserved shot. His win streak is unheard of, and arguably has a better resume than Khabib. It's also the fight the fans want.

If Max is to move to LW he should fight Poirier and avenge that loss. Tony vs Khabib is the fight to make and by far one of the most skilled fights in combat sports history. Sure Max vs Khabib would be good, but Khabib wouldn't have a 10th Planet black belt to contend with on the ground in that fight along with the sharp elbow strikes.

Max/Tony is a great fight, stylistically its actually a better fight than Tony/Khabib. Not saying that it shoudl be made over Tony/Khabib of course but you cant tell me Tony/Max isnt a better fight in the cage, the two of them are maniacs.

As for this fight it absolutely makes sense if Max is leaving FW and at some point we all know thats happening cause he's a big dude.

But if this is another I want to be champ/champ thing then I dont like it, I'd rather him stay at FW and fight Edgar and do Tony/Dustin. But if he's done at FW and this is him moving up then I'm all for it. Fight will be amazing.

My two favorite fighters right now. that's why I don't want either one of them to lose. If Max loses it's going to take years of his career. Tony takes souls. it's known and it will hurt his future at fw.

I agree. It’s probably now or never though. So I’m on board.

couldnt disagree more. Its an awesome fight

the only person who could even fight max is frankie and i dont think he deserves it after getting KTFO so recently.

I prefer to watch 2 warriors fight, these guys are both dogs. There is no way in hell this fight sucks. Volknaoski and zabit both need another win. I love everything about this fight.

"When max loses to tony" lol. Max is NOT small and max is better than tony in a lot of areas that tony considers strengths. This is not a gimmie fight for either guy. I got MAX by wide margin UD or stoppage. I dont think tony will be able to use his wrestling and he has worse stand up.
Tony is way more powerful and pratically impossible to stop.

You're going to destroy 1 of the 2 goat win streaks of all time and not even for a real belt.
Max needs to stay at fw. His short t-rex arms will not carry him far in the lw division and he doesn't have the frame to stop the top wrestlers there from grinding him out. This is the kind of fight you do after Max has cleaned out the fw division but there are still a lot of fights down there that are intriguing. When Max loses to Tony he loses his momentum. He's riding a goat wave right now. Just do Poirier vs Ferguson for the title. That's an awesome fight too. No need to risk ruining one of the greatest champions of our time.
Sorry friend I disagree. The reason we love mma/ufc is for this fact. We get to see fkn great fights. These two are both awesome why would I not want to see this fight. Whoever wins I get to see another great fight hopefully against khabib, and hopefully see khabib get beaten :)

It's a good fight for Max. Puts him straight in line for the title. For Ferg it does nothing but give him another worthless interim belt.

Edgar’s coming for him so either way he’s screwed

At this point in both of their careers, I disagree. A few years ago, I'd have favored Edgar to win a grinding decision but Max is at his peak and 10 years younger...

Not to mention 5" taller and a 1" reach advantage. Frankie is 2-3 in his last 5 while Max is on a 13 fight streak and he finished both the guys that Frankie lost to.

Makes more sense and does more for Tony is he moves up to fight a WW

Max still has work to do at FW

It's incredible how Khabib keeps ducking the top 5 in his division.
I would love to see Ferguson vs Khabib and Holloway vs Khabib
But Khabib is pulling a Cain Velasquez and avoiding the real sharks of the division.

Back