Tony vs Max is a stupid fight

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You're going to destroy 1 of the 2 goat win streaks of all time and not even for a real belt.
Max needs to stay at fw. His short t-rex arms will not carry him far in the lw division and he doesn't have the frame to stop the top wrestlers there from grinding him out. This is the kind of fight you do after Max has cleaned out the fw division but there are still a lot of fights down there that are intriguing. When Max loses to Tony he loses his momentum. He's riding a goat wave right now. Just do Poirier vs Ferguson for the title. That's an awesome fight too. No need to risk ruining one of the greatest champions of our time.

Last edited:
couldnt disagree more. Its an awesome fight

the only person who could even fight max is frankie and i dont think he deserves it after getting KTFO so recently.

I prefer to watch 2 warriors fight, these guys are both dogs. There is no way in hell this fight sucks. Volknaoski and zabit both need another win. I love everything about this fight.

"When max loses to tony" lol. Max is NOT small and max is better than tony in a lot of areas that tony considers strengths. This is not a gimmie fight for either guy. I got MAX by wide margin UD or stoppage. I dont think tony will be able to use his wrestling and he has worse stand up.

It's freaking awesome fight. These guys are not going to stay on top forever. If Max has any trouble making 145 then he should move up anyways.
And if he doesn't who knows maybe he is actually the guy to fight in two divisions.

Problem, is Cucuy seems to be stuck in Purgatory with the UFCs / AC cluster-fuckering of the LW title picture. Tony never should have been stripped of his Interim to begin with, and should already be fighting for the actual title if not for all the other bullshit.

couldnt disagree more. Its an awesome fight

the only person who could even fight max is frankie and i dont think he deserves it after getting KTFO so recently.

I prefer to watch 2 warriors fight, these guys are both dogs. There is no way in hell this fight sucks. Volknaoski and zabit both need another win. I love everything about this fight.

"When max loses to tony" lol. Max is NOT small and max is better than tony in a lot of areas that tony considers strengths. This is not a gimmie fight for either guy. I got MAX by wide margin UD or stoppage. I dont think tony will be able to use his wrestling and he has worse stand up.

Tony's arms are twice as long as Max's . I was not exaggerating when i said he has T-Rex arms. Better technique can only carry you so far. Tony will be able to hold him at arms length like i could do with a midget

This is the one stupid fight that I’ll give a pass to.

Two fucking animals.

You're going to destroy 1 of the 2 goat win streaks of all time and not even for a real belt

Yeah, let's protect records and pad stats instead of seeing great fights between super talented guys in their prime.

<JagsKiddingMe>

I agree, I hope Max will get good money, because this fight will cost him a lot.

This is the one stupid fight that I’ll give a pass to.

Two fucking animals.

My two favorite fighters right now. that's why I don't want either one of them to lose. If Max loses it's going to take years of his career. Tony takes souls. it's known and it will hurt his future at fw.

Yes, 2 of the most exciting, dominant, savage warriors ever in the UFC colliding is actually a stupid fight because TS says so

<YeahOKJen>

You're going to destroy 1 of the 2 goat win streaks of all time and not even for a real belt.
Max needs to stay at fw. His short t-rex arms will not carry him far in the lw division and he doesn't have the frame to stop the top wrestlers there from grinding him out. This is the kind of fight you do when after Max has cleaned out the fw division but there are still a lot of fights down there that are intriguing. When Max loses to Tony he loses his momentum. He's riding a goat wave right now. Just do Poirier vs Ferguson for the title. That's an awesome fight too. No need to risk ruining one of the greatest champions of this time.

The destruction of Tony's career enters it's final phase. But yeah messed up they are importing the 145 champ to kneecap a 155 contender. The UFC works best when the divisions are seperate sports. Superfights are cancer and this is no difference people praising the matchup for being exciting in the short term aren't looking at the long term consequences. We need seperate weight classes were the losers and people who need to for cutting reasons switch. Superfights are a disgrace to the spirit of the sport and the champ is going up to fight for an INTERIM TITLE it means that there is no need for one, enough drama at 155 without Holloway coming up.

Attack of the 2018 join dates talking about how the destruction of a mans career by someone in another weight class is positive. Would it kill people to look at the long term health of things? It's not like this fight will even sell over 400-500k PPV's at best, super fights don't even sell, what's the point in doing them?

I don't think his arms are as short as you think. Also 69" isn't that terrible, Gastelum is doing well at 185lbs with a 71" reach. Alvarez had a 69" reach and is way less skilled than Holloway.

What intriguing fights are there at FW for Max?

He's already having weight cut issues. He might as well move up now.

It's his best chance at becoming interim double champ and jumping everyone to fight Khabib.

You are right and wrong.

You are correct that Tony should be fighting Poirier for the title this spring (strip Khabib idgaf). It would be an awesome fight and the FANS derserve a lightweight title fight now, not autumn or December.

You are wrong that it wouldn't be a fucking awesome fight though. I would friggin love to see it, however aside from how exciting the fight sounds, however it doesn't make sense for max to pass Poirier or others in the divions. LW is too stacked for someone to leapfrog the division at this point.

Back