Media Tony Posts Highlights On IG... Of Khabib?

He is clearly trying to say that the ground is his so he is not afraid of being on the bottom.....damn that sounds gay lol

In all seriousness, this is a sign of respect to Khabib, but it's also Tony showing how confident he is.

Some guys talk about what they are gonna do to their opponents and downplay the things that their opponents have done. They don't go into the fight with their eyes all the way open, and then they get in there and things don't go how they thought they would and they end up saying stuff like "I can't get him off me" to their corner.

Tony may or may not win, but his mind doesn't work that way. Tony knows EXACTLY how good Khabib is, and exactly what Khabib is capable of. Tony embraces the grind, he thrives in wars of attrition. He's not going to fade. He might lose (and he might not) but there isn't going to be any moments where he's exhausted and telling his corner "I can't get him off me". If he loses the first 3 rounds, he will be right there for round 4, pushing the pace and looking to break Khabib.

Anyone can (and most do) look at an opponent and say "I see holes in your game. I'm going to capitalize on them. You can't do _________, I'm better at _________, etc. etc."

BUT....to look at your opponent and post pics of all his great accomplishments and essentially say "I see you bro. You're amazing. Look at the shit you do to all these guys, they can't compete. All that...and it's not enough against me. This is MY MAT, and you are gonna find that out." IDGAF what anyone says, that's a level of confidence that almost nobody else reaches.

Tony Ferguson the type of guy to promote his opponent instead of himself

Oh no. Did you miss the "my mat" part?

Tony is saying "Look, here's all the amazing things you've done in the cage. All that...and this is still...MY MAT."

There is no quit, no retreat, and no concession for someone like Tony.
Maybe no concession but he definitely has a concussion heading his way.

Maybe no concession but he definitely has a concussion heading his way.

He's probably already had a couple. You've seen Tony, right LOL? He just would fight through a concussion. Hell, he maybe has and then choked his opponent out.

Tony Ferguson is the type of guy to make @Hitto and @Ackmed root for him in a fight vs Khabib Nurmagomedov

giphy.gif

Tony Ferguson the type of guy to flatten the Earth.

Tony Ferguson the type of guy to knee himself in the balls and give his opponent 5 minutes to recover.

Tony is a real, there is no bullshit behind those glasses.

Tony Ferguson is the type of guy that knocks himself out so you can get the K.O.

Need this fight now.

Back