Tony hasn't put in the man-hours into wrestling

Fight takes place inside Khabib's top control figure four and under his hammer fists and soft apologies for brutal ground and pound

Meh, if Iaquinta can survive and even stuff some TD's in rd 4, it will be fun to see what Tony might be able to do.

Khabib's worse nightmare

false win streak, would've ended back in 2015, dodged death 4 times, paper champ

Beats a real estate agent and two featherweights, while tony destroyed fighter kevin lee, a guy dominating the WW division

WTF maybe I'm remembering wrong but weren't you saying for a long time that Tony had no chance in this fight, etc.?

Did you change your view on how this might play out? I'm pretty sure I'm not confusing you with someone else...

Just depends on my mood on whether i speak in absolutes and what not since obviously anyone has some kind of chance. Also in the post you quoted i didnt really give Tony a chance not sure how you got that.

Khabib should be the favorite for sure. Tony is too willing to consistently give up strikes, TDs, and dominant positions.

Might be me might be someone else there's my stance

Bottom line: fuck wrestling man hours, Tony has put in the necessary boogeyman hours. Let's just come together and hope this thing finally happens.

4185h4PS45L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Tony Ferguson gonna beat khabib before the championshit rounds. Feel free to quote me later.

Champshit only!
Im actually very confident that Tony will win too. Hes a pretty bad matchup for Khabib. Hopefully Khabib sleeps on him as much as his fans.

I love me some Tony, but something tells me he doesn't have the credentials to bang with Khabib.

Watch this:

It's a nice overview of a lot of Tony's fights. What's missing? Guys who can really wrestle at the highest level - aside from Kevin Lee. Tony seemed to luck out in that one, since Kevin gassed (possibly due to a staph infection).

Regardless, it seems like Tony just hasn't fought enough fighters who can wrestle to handle good ole Khabibi.

How much wrestling can the guy do in 4 months? Probably not enough to beat someone who was practically born wrestling.

Tony has his pluses: length, size, good power in his punches without needing to overcommit, scrappy, unpredictable.

But is he lacking experience in fighting master wrestlers? He's just used to swangin and bangin, I don't think he has picked up enough experience in dealing with wrestlers. And it's not something you can pick up in a few months.

Kevin has an incredible explosive double that gets down most guys in the first round. Khabib has short arms and his doubles in open space are crap. He usually does a single and tries to chain and get you to the fence. Tony is so scrambly and stringy that it will very difficult for Khabib to chain or carry him somewhere.

You’re right bro, he probably hasn’t ever done wrestling. Not even in training. He’s most likely a white belt in wrestling.

Kevin has an incredible explosive double that gets down most guys in the first round. Khabib has short arms and his doubles in open space are crap. He usually does a single and tries to chain and get you to the fence. Tony is so scrambly and stringy that it will very difficult for Khabib to chain or carry him somewhere.

Um he has a very fast shoot in open space, don't know what you're talking about. At this stage it's lightning quick. He may not get the double but all he needs is a pinky toe to get you down.

Keep moving those goalposts brah

Watch the fights. What % of the minutes of those fights actually feature wrestling ?

Probably like 5%.

Khabibs percentage is like 60-75%, roughly.

Much less 'live' experience doing wrestling.

Watch the fights. What % of the minutes of those fights actually feature wrestling ?

Probably like 5%.

Khabibs percentage is like 60-75%, roughly.

Much less 'live' experience doing wrestling.
Your analysis is deep.

Your analysis is deep.

It's not an analysis so much as a worry. If Tony had faced at least 1-2 other guys who tried to take him down nonstop, I'd feel a lot better about his chances.

It's like RDA. Think about how many times this guy has been clowned by wrestlers, like really fucking good wrestlers.

By now, his wrestling skills are actually pretty damn good. To the point that he beat FKL (I'd like to see them fight again at LW, but still).

The thing with Tony is he gets stronger as the fight goes into the later rounds. Khabib is no BJ or Conor in Cardio but he does fade if the opponent shows some grit (ie raging Al) even Conor was having some success in the 3rd.

Tony is fucking machine, he doesnt get tired. And if this goes into the 4th I guarantee Khabib will have a hard time completing TD's by then.

I honestly think Tony loses the 1st 3 rounds then kicks it up a notch in the 4th and 5th and finishes Khabib.

I just hope the fight happens.. you never know with these 2

I love me some Tony, but something tells me he doesn't have the credentials to bang with Khabib.

Watch this:

It's a nice overview of a lot of Tony's fights. What's missing? Guys who can really wrestle at the highest level - aside from Kevin Lee. Tony seemed to luck out in that one, since Kevin gassed (possibly due to a staph infection).

Regardless, it seems like Tony just hasn't fought enough fighters who can wrestle to handle good ole Khabibi.

How much wrestling can the guy do in 4 months? Probably not enough to beat someone who was practically born wrestling.

Tony has his pluses: length, size, good power in his punches without needing to overcommit, scrappy, unpredictable.

But is he lacking experience in fighting master wrestlers? He's just used to swangin and bangin, I don't think he has picked up enough experience in dealing with wrestlers. And it's not something you can pick up in a few months.

Tony Is a wrestler first with some very good credentials.
Bravo and Rogan were talking about it in the podcast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back