Tony Fergusson BANDWAGGON! GET in before it's too late! TONY TIME LFG!

Tony is fighting in two weeks!

source.gif

Does Tony have one more run in him?

Tony lost to Justin, but Dariush's a completely different fighter. It's hard to out-tough Justin, which Tony often do, but Dariush isn't Justin. Dariush probably wants to take Tony down, but Tony's wrestling isn't actually that bad. You don't survive at LW division with a good wrestling. And not only Tony did, but he thrived and had a historical success in it. I think it was more to do with the fact Tony didn't expect Oliveira to want to wrestle like that. He probably needed some more rest too after that beatdown.

Dariush is dangerous on the ground, but I think Tony can avoid getting subbed if it gets there. Dariush's gas tank is bit suspect, and so is his striking defense. I think Dariush is kinda like a bit sloppier RDA that's more wrestling oriented, well I guess he's also training with Kings MMA under Cordeiro too.

DopeyMaleHerald-max-1mb.gif

Tony only lost to Justin and Oliveira for the last nine years. That's really tough to do when you are fighting in the LW division fighting the whos who of the division. He cut weight twice for no reason before fighting Justin as well(It most definitely didn't help him). And he may have needed some time to recover from that beat down as well, so he may have needed some more time off.

SkeletalPerfumedArcherfish-max-1mb.gif

Dariush is pretty good, but I think Tony has a better gas tank and better, more diverse stand up skills. But I'm not sure how this fight will go. Dariush isn't as well known, but he's pretty good in his own right and I think there may have been easier come back fight after two losses, but we all know Tony, he doesn't give a fuck. I guess that's why Tony has a lot of fans, pretty much the embodiment of Just bleed God.

giphy.gif

Can Tony make one last run? Or can Dariush see Tony off for a third straight loss?

LFG TONY!

QueasyWindyChihuahua-size_restricted.gif

*ps: I picked Nijem against Tony. I was shocked when Tony layed Nijem out like that. I didn't think Tony would have the career he did. Come to think of it, I also picked against Bader too, lol. What a great career this guy had, eh?

tonmmXW.gif

I grew to love Tony like many others. I also think he’s probably done. Will be thrilled to be proven wrong.

The dual rise of Khabib and Tony is such an interesting contrast. Khabib dominated everyone with visibly superior ability. Tony rarely dominated but always won. It was always gonna go downhill fast I think. So far his chin doesn’t look cracked at least, but it won’t surprise me at all if guys who “just” have heavy hands start knocking him out — and Beneil is that kind of guy. It’s a good barometer fight, because Dariush is good everywhere but not a dominator anywhere. So if he’s able to knock Tony out, or smother him on the ground, or even just keep up with Tony’s pace and get the W, it’ll become very clear that Tony is finished as an elite lightweight. So in that sense it’s a perfect fight, although I wish they hadn’t made it so I could root for both of them.

I grew to love Tony like many others. I also think he’s probably done. Will be thrilled to be proven wrong.

The dual rise of Khabib and Tony is such an interesting contrast. Khabib dominated everyone with visibly superior ability. Tony rarely dominated but always won. It was always gonna go downhill fast I think. So far his chin doesn’t look cracked at least, but it won’t surprise me at all if guys who “just” have heavy hands start knocking him out — and Beneil is that kind of guy. It’s a good barometer fight, because Dariush is good everywhere but not a dominator anywhere. So if he’s able to knock Tony out, or smother him on the ground, or even just keep up with Tony’s pace and get the W, it’ll become very clear that Tony is finished as an elite lightweight. So in that sense it’s a perfect fight, although I wish they hadn’t made it so I could root for both of them.

Thing is Tony lost twice, but some fighters fight well into their late 30's.

Tony never depended on speed nor power anyways. I think his cardio is there, his striking skills are still there. If Darius can't put Tony away by ko or sub early, I can see older Tony still take over.

I said they won't sub Tony. Never said his BJJ is as good. And Dariush never placed at black. And that doesn't always translate to MMA.

Just because Dariush didn't placed at black doesn't mean he's a bum on the ground. his last 5 wins 2 of them were by sub and his fight with Ferreira who isn't that succesful in BJJ as Dariush was amazing and both guys can grapple for days against Tony.

"BJJ black belt"

don't compare tony's bjj with Dariush, just because he's one doesn't mean the skill gap is the same. Like i said, Dariush has to take Tony down he doesn't need to strike just to get in range for the TD.

here's Dariush' accolades:

• World No Gi Champion (2010 brown, 2009 purple absolute, 2008 blue)
  • World No Gi Championship (2010 brown absolute)
  • Pan American Championship (2009 blue)
  • World Championship 2nd Place (2012 brown, 2010 purple, 2009 blue)
  • Pan American Championship 2nd Place (2010 brown weight & absolute)
  • World Championship 3rd Place (2009 blue absolute)
  • World No Gi Championship 3rd Place (2009 purple)
  • Pan American Championship 3rd Place (2011 brown)
Don't compare bjj skills because Oliveira made tony look like a purple belt and Dariush is in the same category as charles.

Rodolfo Vieira

Grappling[edit]
  • IBJJF
    • IBJJF World Champion (weight and absolute weight classes) (2014/2013/2012/2011).[7]
    • IBJJF Pans Champion (weight and absolute weight classes) Champion (2011)[7]
    • IBJJF European Open Champion (weight and absolute weight classes) (2012)[7]
    • IBJJF World Championship Runner-up (absolute weight class) (2014/2013/2012)[7]
  • ADCC
    • ADCC Champion (2015)[7]
    • Copa Pódio
    • Copa Pódio Champion (2014/2013)[7]
    • IBJJF Europea
    • IBJJF European Open Champion (weight and absolute weight classes)(2012)[7]
    • UAEJJF Abu Dhabi
    • UAEJJF Abu Dhabi World Pro Champion (absolute weight class)(2014) [7]
    • UAEJJF Abu Dhabi World Pro Champion (weight and absolute weight classes)(2012/2011)[7]
    • CBJJ Brazilian
    • CBJJ Brazilian Champion (weight and absolute weight classes)(2008 purple belt)[7]
    • CBJJ Brazilian Champion (weight and absolute weight classes) ( 2007 blue belt)[7]

in MMA

DrearyShortCow-size_restricted.gif

Cardio is a part of ANY sports.

Just because Dariush didn't placed at black doesn't mean he's a bum on the ground. his last 5 wins 2 of them were by sub and his fight with Ferreira who isn't that succesful in BJJ as Dariush was amazing and both guys can grapple for days against Tony.

They probably can. I just said they won't sub Tony more than likely as Oliveira wasn't able to. If you wanna go down the road of credentials outside MMA, Tony has way better wrestling credentials. This is MMA. This isn't no-gi. If you don't sub Tony, and he probably won't, he will get up and zombie you down.

Tony had a great career. Nothing to be ashamed about. Things just didn't go his way. For this fight I'm leaning towards Dariush by decision. I think Dariush controls him and avoids Tony's subs. If Tony can stop the takedowns then I would say Tony by decision.

I said they won't sub Tony. Never said his BJJ is as good. And Dariush never placed at black. And that doesn't always translate to MMA.

I don't think he even competed much (at all?) at black. Dariush had already transitioned to MMA and decided to fully commit to MMA very shortly after receiving it. If you doubt his 'credentials' at the black belt level:

"On 2012 at the San Diego World Pro Championship trials, Beneil turned a few heads his way by defeating 3 seasoned black belts, and taking Kron Gracie, one of the most mediatic figures in the jiu jitsu community, to a very controversial decision loss. Showing that he was among the best of the division, on July 2012 Dariush received his black belt from the hands of coach Bruno Paulista. Due to Paulista’s rank at the time (1st degree black belt), Romulo Barral gave the approval and signed the necessary IBJJF certificates."

https://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/beneil-dariush

Rodolfo Vieira

Grappling[edit]
  • IBJJF
    • IBJJF World Champion (weight and absolute weight classes) (2014/2013/2012/2011).[7]
    • IBJJF Pans Champion (weight and absolute weight classes) Champion (2011)[7]
    • IBJJF European Open Champion (weight and absolute weight classes) (2012)[7]
    • IBJJF World Championship Runner-up (absolute weight class) (2014/2013/2012)[7]
  • ADCC
    • ADCC Champion (2015)[7]
    • Copa Pódio
    • Copa Pódio Champion (2014/2013)[7]
    • IBJJF Europea
    • IBJJF European Open Champion (weight and absolute weight classes)(2012)[7]
    • UAEJJF Abu Dhabi
    • UAEJJF Abu Dhabi World Pro Champion (absolute weight class)(2014) [7]
    • UAEJJF Abu Dhabi World Pro Champion (weight and absolute weight classes)(2012/2011)[7]
    • CBJJ Brazilian
    • CBJJ Brazilian Champion (weight and absolute weight classes)(2008 purple belt)[7]
    • CBJJ Brazilian Champion (weight and absolute weight classes) ( 2007 blue belt)[7]

in MMA

DrearyShortCow-size_restricted.gif

Cardio is a part of ANY sports.

Viera's MMA record: 7-1

Dariush's Record: 20-4

viera's is a newcomer in MMA, you can't compare fight time and opposition quality, Dariush has a lot more time and training than Vieira in mma and bjj for mma, even if he's one of the best bjj guys in the UFC. Same with Davi Ramos. your argument is based in that Tony is better than Dariush just because he's a bjj black belt, has cardio and he has a reach advantage. Look what happened when a bjj guy with good wrestling fought tony, he lost and looked like a purple belt. Let's see what happens on 15 days to see if Tony had some improvement, but to say he's going to beat Dariush easy is dumb.

I don't think he even competed much (at all?) at black. Dariush had already transitioned to MMA and decided to fully commit to MMA very shortly after receiving it. If you doubt his 'credentials' at the black belt level:

"On 2012 at the San Diego World Pro Championship trials, Beneil turned a few heads his way by defeating 3 seasoned black belts, and taking Kron Gracie, one of the most mediatic figures in the jiu jitsu community, to a very controversial decision loss. Showing that he was among the best of the division, on July 2012 Dariush received his black belt from the hands of coach Bruno Paulista. Due to Paulista’s rank at the time (1st degree black belt), Romulo Barral gave the approval and signed the necessary IBJJF certificates."

https://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/beneil-dariush

What's wrong with these people I never said he wasn't good. I said he likely won't sub Tony. He couldn't sub Michael Johnson ffs.
I'm sure it's not impossible, I'm sure he could, but I'm saying he probably won't.

Viera's MMA record: 7-1

Dariush's Record: 20-4

viera's is a newcomer in MMA, you can't compare fight time and opposition quality, Dariush has a lot more time and training than Vieira in mma and bjj for mma, even if he's one of the best bjj guys in the UFC. Same with Davi Ramos. your argument is based in that Tony is better than Dariush just because he's a bjj black belt, has cardio and he has a reach advantage. Look what happened when a bjj guy with good wrestling fought tony, he lost and looked like a purple belt. Let's see what happens on 15 days to see if Tony had some improvement, but to say he's going to beat Dariush easy is dumb.

can you not read? are you related to Dariush? all I fucking said was that he probably won't sub Tony. Which is probably true.

Tony is better striker. Which is true.

Dariush has questionable cardio. Which is also true.

Dariush has questionable striking defense, which is also true.

I didn't make a pick here.

They probably can. I just said they won't sub Tony more than likely as Oliveira wasn't able to. If you wanna go down the road of credentials outside MMA, Tony has way better wrestling credentials. This is MMA. This isn't no-gi. If you don't sub Tony, and he probably won't, he will get up and zombie you down.

like he did with johnson, Gaethje and Oliveira?

Tony's wins were based on guys overracting to Tony's damage thinking he was done and not following a plan. Johnson, Gaethje and Oliveira knew how to beat Tony and it's by not giving him chance to recover and keep the fight smart.

like he did with johnson, Gaethje and Oliveira?

Tony's wins were based on guys overracting to Tony's damage thinking he was done and not following a plan. Johnson, Gaethje and Oliveira knew how to beat Tony and it's by not giving him chance to recover and keep the fight smart.

You don't say
Beneil Dariush: "I'm going to outcrazy Tony Fergusson"

can you not read? are you related to Dariush? all I fucking said was that he probably won't sub Tony. Which is probably true.

Tony is better striker. Which is true.

Dariush has questionable cardio. Which is also true.

Dariush has questionable striking defense, which is also true.

I didn't make a pick here.

come on, how the hell i am related to Dariush since i live in Latin america?

Even with all those things you mentioned, to say Dariush is going to lose easy is dumb. Like i said, Dariush doesn't need to strike Tony, just to get in range for the TD. if you can't see that, then you are going to expect Dariush to strike and he knows he can't do that.

Stop being delusional about Tony's chances here, Dariush has a better chanche to win than Tony.

You don't say
Beneil Dariush: "I'm going to outcrazy Tony Fergusson"

if you are going to believe everything they say in interviews, you probably thought Mcg was going to KO dustin in their rematch.

come on, how the hell i am related to Dariush since i live in Latin america?

Even with all those things you mentioned, to say Dariush is going to lose easy is dumb. Like i said, Dariush doesn't need to strike Tony, just to get in range for the TD. if you can't see that, then you are going to expect Dariush to strike and he knows he can't do that.

Stop being delusional about Tony's chances here, Dariush has a better chanche to win than Tony.

I legit never said Dariush will win, let alone win easy. WTF

source.gif

Tony lost to Justin, but Dariush's a completely different fighter. It's hard to out-tough Justin, which Tony often do, but Dariush isn't Justin. Dariush probably wants to take Tony down, but Tony's wrestling isn't actually that bad. You don't survive at LW division with a good wrestling. And not only Tony did, but he thrived and had a historical success in it. I think it was more to do with the fact Tony didn't expect Oliveira to want to wrestle like that. He probably needed some more rest too after that beatdown.

Dariush is dangerous on the ground, but I think Tony can avoid getting subbed if it gets there. Dariush's gas tank is bit suspect, and so is his striking defense. I think Dariush is kinda like a bit sloppier RDA that's more wrestling oriented, well I guess he's also training with Kings MMA under Cordeiro too.

Tony only lost to Justin and Oliveira for the last nine years. That's really tough to do when you are fighting in the LW division fighting the whos who of the division. He cut weight twice for no reason before fighting Justin as well(It most definitely didn't help him). And he may have needed some time to recover from that beat down as well, so he may have needed some more time off.

Dariush is pretty good, but I think Tony has a better gas tank and better, more diverse stand up skills. But I'm not sure how this fight will go. Dariush isn't as well known, but he's pretty good in his own right and I think there may have been easier come back fight after two losses, but we all know Tony, he doesn't give a fuck. I guess that's why Tony has a lot of fans, pretty much the embodiment of Just bleed God.

giphy.gif

Can Tony make one last run? Or can Dariush see Tony off for a third straight loss?

LFG TONY!

*ps: I picked Nijem against Tony. I was shocked when Tony layed Nijem out like that. I didn't think Tony would have the career he did. Come to think of it, I also picked against Bader too, lol. What a great career this guy had, eh?

tonmmXW.gif
I love Tony but he doesn't have a run in him anymore.

source.gif

giphy.gif

LFG TONY!

tonmmXW.gif

Tony is a scrub. He's gonna get destroyed again.

If Tony doesn't bounce back soon we will never see him again.

I think the mystique behind Tony has been exposed. I hate to say it, but Tony, most likely now, is a measuring tool for up and comers.

That said, this is a winnable fight for Tony, but Dariush is tough and on a run.

Back