Tony Ferguson's reaction to UFC 249 cancelation

Then about 19 minutes into the interview, the phone alerts showed up shortly after 3 p.m.: UFC President Dana White, after weeks of speculation and criticism, was finally calling off UFC 249, he told ESPN’s Brett Okamoto.

White added that all other UFC events were postponed indefinitely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Today, we got a call from the highest level you can go at Disney, and the highest level at ESPN … and the powers that be there asked me to stand down and not do this event on Saturday,” White told ESPN, which has a five-year deal with the MMA promotion.

When told of the cancellation of his April 18 fight, Ferguson, 36, was understandably shocked. The first words out of his mouth was an expletive, followed by “Oh wow.”

After nine seconds of silence and another expletive, the Costa Mesa lightweight composed himself: “Ohhhhh well. I’m still gonna train.”

“Ummmm … you know what? I’m sure it’s for a good reason. Let’s be real. I gotta keep the faith,” Ferguson said. “I gotta keep this … (expletive) … keep this small circle close, bro, and just keep focusing on what we can control, which is our heart rate and our breathing.”

“Dude, I’m just gonna keep collecting trophies and doing my same shit,” Ferguson said before pausing and getting emotional. “Every single time I wake up in the morning, when I do my work, say my prayers and I do (stuff), I hug my little boy … whew … kiss my wife. I just … keep doing what I’m doing. What am I gonna do?”

“The constant is things are always gonna change. The variable is how am I gonna react to it?” Ferguson said. “So we could throw that variable, baby, and we make that the constant. Which is why I’m gonna keep smiling, I’m gonna keep training, and you know what? I’m gonna put on some muscle. Dude, I’m skinny. I’m gonna put on some muscle.

“I’m gonna try my best. I’m gonna do it. I’m gonna try my best. If I fall, I’ll get back up.”

One wonders the financial impact running through Tony's mind when he's told. He's fought once in the last 16 months and could've been relying on this pay stub coming in.

Did he say if Khabib should be stripped still? Or did that change now with this shocking turn of events? I mean, who could have predicted this? Something like this to happen when the world is under shutdown, so weird. :(
Man who cares what he says,they ain't stripping khabib.

So when do you think they will reschedule Tony vs Kalabeeb? Maybe 6 is a charm? Or will he still have to fight Gay Chi for another interim belt?
No.

If they schedule it again, we're all fucked. Comet, WW3 or something. Just no. Forget it.

Now what ? He wanted Khabib to be stripped from his title for something that was out of his control.
Now he faces the exact same thing.

He got it right in the face.

DOOM 2 > all other DOOMs
<{cum@me}>
DOOM ETERNAL is the best game released in video game history since 1997's Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Last edited:
DOOM ETERNAL is the best game released in video game history since 1997's Catlevania: Symphony of the Night.
Never played it so can't compare but I hate modern games so DOOM2 wins by default for me. Have you even played DOOM2 and DOOM1?

Never played it so
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

zSGG21F.gif

Yes i am an old school gamer,played DOOM when it first came out. Then i got Doom 1 and 2 on the Ultimate Doom on the Ps1. Got em all on my Nintendo Switch now.

I know these fighters deep down knew there was a very good chance it would get canceled.
Everybody did.

Champ shit only.
El Cucuy will have the real LW strap belt soon enough.
Trying to give Ferg another interim belt. Fuck outta here with that.
I don’t know whether he will beat Khabib or not but that’s the fight we all want to see and that was a great response from Tony, finding about the cancellation in real time

Yes i am an old school gamer,played DOOM when it first came out. Then i got Doom 1 and 2 on the Ultimate Doom on the Ps1. Got em all on my Nintendo Switch now.
I stopped playing games when I was writing my bachelor's degree. Haven't played any games ever since but if I had the time I'd run through both DOOMs, Quake 3 arena, HoMM 2 and 3, Master of Magic and maybe Majesty.

Now I have a kid so that's life on HARD MODE so I don't need any more challenges. :p

I stopped playing games when I was writing my bachelor's degree. Haven't played any games ever since but if I had the time I'd run through both DOOMs, Quake 3 arena, HoMM 2 and 3, Master of Magic and maybe Majesty.
I was kind of out of playing games for awhile until my roomate moved out and left me her ps4,about 6 months ago.

I was kind of out of playing games for awhile until my roomate moved out and left me her ps4,about 6 months ago.

HER ps4?
You had a Doom-playing girl roommate and nothing happened? ;)

HER ps4?
You had a Doom-playing girl roommate and nothing happened? ;)
Well she didnt have Doom,i wound up buying it later.
I didnt even know she had a Ps4 till i helped her move shit out of her room,and she was like "ya want it? its my exes"

giphy-downsized-large.gif

sorry not ps4,xboxone

fuck. I am high.

Back