Media Tony Fergusons BJJ Coach doesnt sound confident. Look into it.

Just once, someone please at least try a Anaconda or Peruvian Necktie from sprawl while Khabib is not protecting his neck at all. Stop with the half-assed Guillotine attempts.
It's easier said than done. Specially if your legs are locked, one of your wrist controlled and eating punches..

It's easier said than done. Specially if your legs are locked, one of your wrist controlled and eating punches..

He said "from sprawl". I'll assume you missed that part.

Islam recently beat an ADCC medalist with top control and Tony isn’t half as good as an ADCC placer.
In MMA? He's better.

Some of ya'll are simple. Eddie is giving an honest and real breakdown of the fight. He knows the likelihood of it hitting the mat is extremely high, and they have an intelligent plan to deal with that. He also knows that nobody can predict the future and this fight is extremely difficult to predict. This is NOT a lack of confidence.

I'm talking about on his missed or half-assed attempts when he's stretched out and just leaves his neck unguarded. Like Maia often does. As I said, it doesn't matter how skilled you are if someone locks up and commits to a choke on you. You tap or go to sleep.

Masvidal got Maia into an Anaconda, but his legs were down and he was against the cage so of course he couldn't lock it up properly. Woodley had about 10 opportunities.

I mean Khabib is an amazing champ n all but he's very human.

Dustin may have been far from securing that choke but he wobbled him quite a bit.

Also for someone like Dustin to even remotely come close to choking or knocking Khabib shows that Khabib might not be in his prime prime anymore.

Tons of training, tours, lots of fights... he might not be as hot as everyone thinks at the moment.

Tony on the other hand relies on being batshit crazy so I think he should be the slight favorite in this fight.

This is a Fedor-Werdum type of situation, with Fedor being a bit more out of prime than Khabib is right now and Tony being a bit more insane than Werdum was. But the body types are those.
Wow! Really? That's what you saw in Dustin's fight? Because you know what everybody else saw in that fight? Khabib totally dominated Dustin. On the other hand, Tony is loosing first rounds in almost every fight. Tony should be a slight favorite? Give me a break..

In MMA? He's better.

Some of ya'll are simple. Eddie is giving an honest and real breakdown of the fight. He knows the likelihood of it hitting the mat is extremely high, and they have an intelligent plan to deal with that. He also knows that nobody can predict the future and this fight is extremely difficult to predict. This is NOT a lack of confidence.
Not on the ground

Do you think Davi Ramos would've let Danny Castillo lay on top of him?

I'm talking about on his missed or half-assed attempts when he's stretched out and just leaves his neck unguarded. Like Maia often does. As I said, it doesn't matter how skilled you are if someone locks up and commits to a choke on you. You tap or go to sleep.

Masvidal got Maia into an Anaconda, but his legs were down and he was against the cage so of course he couldn't lock it up properly. Woodley had about 10 opportunities.

Nah, elite grapplers can just give up their necks without fear of being choked out ever...

UnlinedDisloyalBasenji-small.gif

And you think the great grapplers don't know that? They are always one or two steps ahead. It looks like it's locked, but in reality it isn't. Khabib is by far a better grapler than Tony.

Nah, elite grapplers can just give up their necks without fear of being choked out ever...

UnlinedDisloyalBasenji-small.gif

Maybe cuz no one tries to go for a choke from the sprawl on them? Heh. That's my whole point. Tony certainly has the skills.

Not on the ground

Do you think Davi Ramos would've let Danny Castillo lay on top of him?

Who landed more strikes on the ground? Who won the fight?

MMA grappling includes strikes and damage, even off your back.

That wasn't Tony's best performance of course, but he acknowledged later that he changed his mindset on the mat to being more aggressive.

And you think the great grapplers don't know that? They are always one or two steps ahead. It looks like it's locked, but in reality it isn't. Khabib is by far a better grapler than Tony.

Doesn't matter when the neck is left unguarded. As I keep repeating, it doesn't matter how great a grappler are if any decent grappler locks up and commits to a choke.

Doesn't when it neck is left unguarded. As I keep repeating, it doesn't matter how great a grappler are if any decent grappler locks up and commits to a choke.
So, why Dustin didn't submit Khabib? The Guillotine couldn't be locked in any more...

Barnett is a great grappler. Subbed ADCC absolute champ Dean Lister in a grappling match. Pretty sure Josh still got a little too comfortable giving up his neck and was choked out by Ben Rothwell.

Nobody is disputing if Khabib is a great grappler, but even great grapplers are taking chances when giving up their necks.

So, why Dustin didn't submit Khabib? The Guillotine couldn't be locked in any more...

Uhh, he was exhausted and didn't have the energy to commit to rolling Khabib over. Did you even watch the fight? That was Dustin's last gasp, he'd been ragdolled for 3 rounds.

Barnett is a great grappler. Subbed ADCC absolute champ Dean Lister in a grappling match. Pretty sure Josh still got a little too comfortable giving up his neck and was choked out by Ben Rothwell.

Nobody is disputing if Khabib is a great grappler, but even great grapplers are taking chances when giving up their necks.
Sure, people do make mistakes..

Because like RDA, it was a half-assed arm-in Guillotine that people made too much of. Not an Anaconda or a Peruvian Necktie like I keep saying. Something Khabib wouldn't be prepared for and can be hit from the sprawl on someone not protecting their neck.

Uhh, he was exhausted and didn't have the energy to commit to rolling Khabib over. Did you even watch the fight? That was Dustin's last gasp, he'd been ragdolled for 3 rounds.
Yes, i did watch the fight. You don't have to roll over to finish the choke. If Dustin was so exhausted, why did he even attempt the choke? To make himself more gassed? What you're saying makes no sense.

Back