Media Tony Fergusons BJJ Coach doesnt sound confident. Look into it.

I think the blue print is being able to stop the takedowns like Tibau did. Not going into a grappling match with Khabib on top most of the match.

Could be. Need to have the wrestling for it though. I'm not exactly sure how good Tony's TDD is when he's super worried about TD's. I know he has decent wrestling. Better than most of Khabib's opponents.

Will Khabib's top control be as effective toward the middle of the mat as it is at the cage?

We heard the same tune after Conor fight and he obviously improved everywhere. As long as his father is alive, His work ethic, training and readiness for a fight will always be perfect.

If Khabib is pretty human then Tony definitely is more human than Khabib. Tony been finished to chokes, Been knocked down many times including recently and is almost always in trouble.

Tony relies on his chin and quick recovery. Khabib relies on technical superiority. When that chin expires and it will very soon since hes 36 he will be losing more than 50-50.

I don't think that Khabib is a KO artist so I wouldn't be worried about that aspect of his game.

Khabibs father is also just a motivator, he's not a magician and no ethic can repair a body after a certain number of MMA fights.

Not saying Khabib is broken or anything but i think that he's not what he used to be.

I'm going with Tony on this one, you're obviously pro-Khabib, so now it's time to wait and see what happens :)

Right after Khabib smashed Dustin, Tony did an interview with Ariel where he didn't sound like his old self confidence wise honestly. He even mentioned himself his fight with Castillo and how he managed to LnP him.

I know you kids like your mortal kombats and believe in fairy tales but heres the reality

Tony is a bad man no doubt

However, he is going up against a guy on another level

I just hope you Tony fans don't call him a bum after he is dominated

People were quick to write of Conor and Dustin after they were man handled. However, before the fight they were treated as the messiah

This is Floyd shit all over again

This guy is going to beat him! He loses

"Ah he was no good anyway. But so and so is the man to end the streak for sure"

He loses

"he was overrated, I knew he wouldn't win" lol

Etc, etc

Khabib will dominate, mark my words!

I love that approach honestly. Guys waste the most energy battling a wrestler from the bottom.
Accepting Khabib's strengths is very smart as a starting point. This sounds like a trilogy war.

But like Maia, you've seen Khabib just leave his neck unprotected while he's stretched out. It's not like going for an Anaconda or a PN takes so much longer than a Guillotine. To me, Khabib would be far less prepared for either.
First of all stop saying anaconda. What tony usually hits is Darce chokes. 2nd of all its way harder to hit a darce choke than it is a guillotine. It actually does take longer and there is more ways to defend a clean darce than there is a clean guillotine.

There is a reason its a low percentage submission in comparison to guillotine. Problem with guys attempting a guillotine vs Khabib is that they go for arm in guillotines. Arm in chokes are harder to hit especially vs seasoned grapplers.

Variations of no arm guillotines are your best bet to choke a wrestler. Darce can work probably only when theyre gassed. Guillotine will work anytime.

Not really. As a professional athlete you need your coach to have unwavering faith in you.

You are right but I think it doesn't hurt when you realise who you're going to have in front of you. I do trust Eddie Bravo to have faith in Tony.

First of all stop saying anaconda. What tony usually hits is Darce chokes. 2nd of all its way harder to hit a darce choke than it is a guillotine. It actually does take longer and there is more ways to defend a clean darce than there is a clean guillotine.

There is a reason its a low percentage submission in comparison to guillotine. Problem with guys attempting a guillotine vs Khabib is that they go for arm in guillotines. Arm in chokes are harder to hit especially vs seasoned grapplers.

Variations of no arm guillotines are your best bet to choke a wrestler. Darce can work probably only when theyre gassed. Guillotine will work anytime.

Again, love to see the stats you are citing on how Guillotines are a "much higher percentage" than an Anaconda Choke or a Peruvian Necktie. We don't see many attempts for either.

Best chokes to be used from sprawl on a fighter stretched out and leaving their neck unprotected is either of them. Any BJJ black belt should be able to do either, not limit themselves to a D'Arce or Guillotine. Certainly Tony has the skills if he was looking for them.

Well Tony has cardio has cardio so i have some faith. Wish people would train straight Aldo style and just explode and gtfo the takedown. Still think tony finishes late after taking a beating

But like Maia, you've seen Khabib just leave his neck unprotected while he's stretched out. It's not like going for an Anaconda or a PN takes so much longer than a Guillotine. To me, Khabib would be far less prepared for either.
Both take much longer to set up than a guillotine. And unlike a guillotine, you can't lock it up mid takedown.

In order to get a D'arce or anaconda you have to either need to break your target down to turtle before setting it up, or switch off from a guillotine attempt. It's not something you can just throw up in half a second. Even Tony needs to settle on top in turtle for a few seconds before locking up a D'arce. Not to mention that your chances of getting either of these with a leg trapped is slim at best.

As for PNs, you will never EVER get those on a mobile target or someone who has one leg already. You need to be completely sprawled out and have your opponent locked down. Even then, they are just not easy to finish.

I think tony wins via cut in the 4th. I don’t know what it is, but when he puts his hands on you, you get damaged. It will be a close fight but Khabib will be up on points but the cut will be too nasty. Even rogan will agree it’s bad.

Again, love to see the stats you are citing on how Guillotines are a "much higher percentage" than an Anaconda Choke or a Peruvian Necktie. We don't see many attempts for either.

Best chokes to be used from sprawl on a fighter stretched out and leaving their neck unprotected is either of them. Any BJJ black belt should be able to do either, not limit themselves to a D'Arce or Guillotine. Certainly Tony has the skills if he was looking for them.
Screenshot_20191210-210132~2.jpg
Best choke to use on a sprawled opponent is the guillotine actually. Guillotine is the most anti wrestler submission of all submission s.

10p Jits >

Tonys MMA guard > Any ADCC champ in the UFC excluding Maia pretty much.
Bingo.
MMA Jiu-Jitsu is COMPLETELY different than Sport Jiu-Jitsu.
Davi Ramos would beat Tony under ADCC rules, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tony subbed him in MMA.
Now, having said that, I think Khabib has the most underrated Jiu-Jitsu in MMA.
People laud him so much for his wrestling and ground-and-pound, but his BJJ is brilliant. He passes guard so well. Great positioning, opportunistic submissions, scrambles, etc.
It caught me off guard to realize that he has more submissions than Georges St. Pierre, both in the UFC and in their respective careers. Georges's BJJ is incredible.

This is the submissions achieved, not attempted. How do you know Anaconda or PN attempts fail more than Guillotines when we never see anyone try them? When see failed Guillotines all the time.

A Von Flue Choke attempt for example is rare, but when people go for it, it seems like they usually seem to get it.

it should be admired that he isn't one of those "oh my guy will win easy literally any way he wants in whatever round he wants this is a great matchup for him" coaches

This is the submissions achieved, not attempted. How do you know Anaconda or PN attempts fail more than Guillotines when we never see anyone try them? When see failed Guillotines all the time.
As i said they're low percentage techniques for a reason. I never said they're not attempted. I said they're low percentage techniques.

You never grappled in your life and like most tony fans are willing to argue in shit you have no real knowledge or experience of for hours. So no more replies to you.

Guillotine > Darce especially against wrestler s and that's a fact supported by science. Cya.

http://www.ufc-secrets.com/top-10-submission-statistics-data-from-ufc-mma-events/

c4406371ee2c3e95653f3335f46b0368.png

By percentage Guillotines are 2nd by a wide margin.

How composed will Khabib be once he bleeds his own blood and the realisation sets in that he’s in there with a truly indifferent animal; Tony won’t stop being relentless.

Back