1. The Sherdog Forums are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and we are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Media Tony Fergusons BJJ Coach doesnt sound confident. Look into it.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by RNC555, Dec 10, 2019.

1. RNC555

RNC555 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Guillotine is a much higher percentage choke than Brabo/Anaconda/Peruvian necktie chokes.

BEER likes this.
  2. KeepItRealist

KeepItRealist Yellow Card Yellow Card

It was the same as with RDA. Those guillotines were weak. It doesn't matter how skilled Khabib or any other fighter is, any decent grappler that locks and commits to a choke on someone who is not protecting their neck is going to put them to sleep. It's the same as with Maia as well. Someone please try it.

Ronoc Rogergcm likes this.
  3. Deadwing88

Deadwing88 Soldier of God.

'He's not going to try to get back up'..

<6>

Relying on your BJJ game off your back, vs a grappler with the top control Khabib brings to the table..
    Hmm.

master.roly, Strijfy, JAL and 7 others like this.
  4. KeepItRealist

How many Anaconda/Peruvian choke attempts do we see to compare? We've seen Guillotines fail.

Ronoc Rogergcm and Aerosol like this.
  5. Nate banged my mom

Nate banged my mom Yellow Card Yellow Card

Tony will be entering the belly of the beast on this one. But tony is also the type of guy to chew through guts and stomach bile to come out the belly.

<Huh2>

I tried...

Either way I’m stoked and can’t fucking wait

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

6. RNC555

Darce/Anaconda/Peruvians are actually easier to defend than no arm in guillotines.

Ill give you that most guys are jumping on arm in guillotines which are much lower percentage aswell. But a no arm guillotine is pretty high percentage choke.

Anyway, Guillotines are the second most fight finishing submission in UFC history after RNC.

TriangleMonkey likes this.
  7. KeepItRealist

A strong, skilled grappler like Tony locks up an Anaconda or PN on Khabib and doesn't release it, Khabib is going to sleep. That's my opinion. I just want to see someone try it as opposed to a half-assed Guillotine like RDA and Poirer.

Aerosol and Aaaay1hotsauce like this.
  8. RNC555

Just cause you lock something doesnt mean it will be fight ending. Him releasing or not is only a part of the puzzle. I take it you never grappled in your life.

No arm in guillotines with proper legs position to control your opponent > Brabo choke.

9. Bushido Kai

Bushido Kai I'm going to beat you into a living death

Not really. As a professional athlete you need your coach to have unwavering faith in you.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Aerosol and RNC555 like this.
  10. 3knucklelanding

3knucklelanding Banned Banned

Khabib 48-47

Tony will do more damage though

BJJ4Tone likes this.
  11. beastman

beastman Silver Belt

Tony's shins have been sharpened, Edgy trying to make Khabib over confident

12. TheScorpionDude

TheScorpionDude Get over here! ~~~~~~~~~~~~==>

I mean Khabib is an amazing champ n all but he's very human.

Dustin may have been far from securing that choke but he wobbled him quite a bit.

Also for someone like Dustin to even remotely come close to choking or knocking Khabib shows that Khabib might not be in his prime prime anymore.

Tons of training, tours, lots of fights... he might not be as hot as everyone thinks at the moment.

Tony on the other hand relies on being batshit crazy so I think he should be the slight favorite in this fight.

This is a Fedor-Werdum type of situation, with Fedor being a bit more out of prime than Khabib is right now and Tony being a bit more insane than Werdum was. But the body types are those.

13. josephsjoseph

josephsjoseph Blue Belt

he has a point about chokes not working kabibs technique is really good but with that said if someone is going to catch kabib its tony. his odds are not that bad. I like the strategy of not trying to get up because tony does so much damage and opens up cuts from the bottom. kabib has never been cut I think if he can cut him by his eyes it will be an advantage for him. I think tony has the cardio to get taken down for four rounds in a row while dishing out as much damage from the bottom as possible and could possibly get a finish in the 4th or 5th.

its really interesting. also the wear and tear on tony and kabib is really intense. they can play factors too. probably the best fight they have put on in a really long time. really great build up to this. finally happening at the right time imo.

Ronoc Rogergcm likes this.
  14. josephsjoseph

josephsjoseph Blue Belt

I was wondering how kicking a heavy bag doesn't lead to knee tendon issues. this seems like it definitely would.

15. GreatSaintGuillotine

GreatSaintGuillotine You may not like what I say but it's the truth.

They go for guillotines because they can't sprawl out. Khabib sucks in the single too tight. And even if you were to try that, both of those have serious risks of giving up dominant position.

Just as risky as the guillotine but harder to get to.

16. RNC555

We heard the same tune after Conor fight and he obviously improved everywhere. As long as his father is alive, His work ethic, training and readiness for a fight will always be perfect.

If Khabib is pretty human then Tony definitely is more human than Khabib. Tony been finished to chokes, Been knocked down many times including recently and is almost always in trouble.

Tony relies on his chin and quick recovery. Khabib relies on technical superiority. When that chin expires and it will very soon since hes 36 he will be losing more than 50-50.

17. Bojka

Bojka Brown Belt

The gameplan is obviously going to be to do damage on the feet, not take damage on the ground and maybe get a submission. Not get tired yourself and hope Khabib gets tired.

That's the blue print and Tony/his camp probably feels like Tony is better able to execute it than others. Doesn't mean he will win, which is why Eddie Bravo never said that.

18. Deadwing88

Deadwing88 Soldier of God.

Rewatch the fight.. Dustin hardly landed clean.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, Tony via batshit crazy, is hardly a argument..
    <45>

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  19. RNC555

I think the blue print is being able to stop the takedowns like Tibau did. Not going into a grappling match with Khabib on top most of the match.

20. KeepItRealist

But like Maia, you've seen Khabib just leave his neck unprotected while he's stretched out. It's not like going for an Anaconda or a PN takes so much longer than a Guillotine. To me, Khabib would be far less prepared for either.