Tony Ferguson would rather have black belt from Eddie Bravo than ‘tarnished’ UFC title

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
“I’m more interested in receiving my black belt from Eddie Bravo’s 10th Planet jiu-jitsu system than the UFC belt right now,” Ferguson told Yahoo! Sports. “The [UFC] belt is tarnished, man. I feel like the belt has been in so many different hands, it’s so polluted. It needs to be recycled by the time I get there.”
http://www.mmamania.com/2016/10/25/...from-eddie-bravo-than-tarnished-ufc-title-mma

Well i love watching Tony fight, but thats quite possibly the dumbest shit I've ever heard a fighter say

Yeah I totally believe you too Tony

Well i love watching Tony fight, but thats quite possibly the dumbest shit I've ever heard a fighter say
Achievement Unlocked- Honorary title of 3rd Diaz brother

200w.gif

Well he's not getting the latter so he doesn't have to worry about that

so a belt from mr tinfoil hat is worth more than a UFC belt..........okay tony.....

Nah, he's right. Of course, the belt is necessary for promotional purposes, but if you keep winning big fights, it will come. Worrying about isn't going to change much.

As for it being a meaningful accomplishment? Well, like Diaz said, the belt's a fairy tale.

Belts are dorky.

If the belt has a lot of competition

then holding and defending it

makes it the most valuable.

I like Tony but he's not too sharp.

Okay Tony, Khabib should get the title shot then.

You want your belt from Eddie Bravo?! Do you even know about Tower 7, bruh? Operation Paperclip? Does Mockingbird ring a bell? Of course not, bruh. Get the fuck outta here!

You want your belt from Eddie Bravo?! Do you even know about Tower 7, bruh? Operation Paperclip? Does Mockingbird ring a bell? Of course not, bruh. Get the fuck outta here!
it makes me laught every time Eddie comes up with that kind of stuff, YOU KNOW WHAT OPERATION MOCKINGBIRD IS?!?!

BJJ belts are more prestigious than the UFC belts. Deal with it. When you look at how easily the UFC belt is won and lost, it looks like it might even take more work as well.

You can't have belts change hands so frequently and consider it meaningful. It loses it's meaning to the casuals as well. They want long term dominance, not belt sharing. Personality matters more to them than holding the belt.

The nature of the sport does not lend itself to many long term champions. Anyone can be beaten on any given night.

Enjoy the fights, stop worrying about the presents.

Back