Tony Ferguson vs Prime BJ Penn

Prime Tony would Kill prime Penn over 5. KO would be Penn's only path to victory. He wouldn't just lose he would be badly injured. Dumb thread and I love Prime Penn.

Anyone who didn't pick Tony... you're dumb... af.
Tony has squeeked by every single guy. Vanatta almost had him knocked out. Lee had him mounted. Pettis dropped him with hands. BJ Penn was a beast, and better than any guy Ferguson has beaten, by a long shot.

Tony has squeeked by every single guy. Vanatta almost had him knocked out. Lee had him mounted. Pettis dropped him with hands. BJ Penn was a beast, and better than any guy Ferguson has beaten, by a long shot.

Penn has KO power..? It is required to beat Tony over 5 when you have a shitty gas tank against the best 5 round fighter in the UFC right now. Thanks for the history lesson.

Penn has KO power..? It is required to beat Tony over 5 when you have a shitty gas tank against the best 5 round fighter in the UFC right now. Thanks for the history lesson.
Look guy, Tony has 1 5 round win. I'm not hating on Tony, but you are grossly underrating Penn here.

And in Penn's prime, he had cardio. He stopped Florian in round 4 and Diego in round 5.

But it wouldn't go 5, Penn would stop Tony within 3.

Look guy, Tony has 1 5 round win. I'm not hating on Tony, but you are grossly underrating Penn here.

And in Penn's prime, he had cardio. He stopped Florian in round 4 and Diego in round 5.

But it wouldn't go 5, Penn would stop Tony within 3.
Look friend. Prime Penn was the best 1st round fighter ive ever seen. What makes you think you know Penn's game or my post history about him, better than me? He had cardio... but Frankie beat his ass 3x? He beat the fuck out of GSP first round, what happened after? He fell off. Thanks for the additional history lesson. Go watch Pettis vs Tony then stop talking. Tony is mentally the scariest dude with the craziest work ethic in the UFC with a very large size advantage. Bj barely trained running small boulders under water for 1 minute intervals.. speaking of the ocean, any more pearls of wisdom for me, Bob?

Look friend. Prime Penn was the best 1st round fighter ive ever seen. What makes you think you know Penn's game or my post history about him, better than me? He has cardio... but Frankie beat his ass 3x? He beat the fuck out of GSP first round, what happened after? He fell off. Thanks for the additional history lesson. Go watch Pettis vs Tony then stop talking. Tony is mentally the scariest dude with the craziest work ethic in the UFC. Bj barely trained. Any more pearls of wisdom for me, Bob?
There is so much wrong with this post, I don't even know where to start.

Let's start by saying Frankie lost the first Penn fight, maybe try watching it rather than checking the records on Sherdog. Even if you are 1/2 blind and scored it for Frankie, it was nowhere near an ass kicking lol

Secondly, Penn didn't beat GSP's ass in the first round of the first fight. Again, go watch it and not just read bullshit on the internet about it. It was somewhat of an even round. Penn clipped his nose which caused the blood.

Now, Fergusons fight with Pettis has zero bearing on how a fight with Penn would go. Not only is Penn a much better boxer than Pettis, with much more power, he's also got the threat of a takedown. Which if he wanted to, he could use against Ferguson.

And you seem to love mentioning BJs lack of cardio as a reason why he'd lose. BJ barely trained for MOST of his fights. That's true. But if we are talking about "Prime", then BJ did have good cardio at points in his career. So I'd point you to the Sherk fight, the Diego fight and the Florian fight to see BJ with cardio, and at his best. When BJ was in that great of shape, he wouldn't be gassing out in the first round buddy. Nice try though.

Tldr ur dumb af. Tony kills any form of Penn, stop it old man with a Brad Pitt 6 pack AV lmao. You're what.. 48 years old? How many alts u have thats a lot of likes there for a dummy.

Tldr ur dumb af. Tony kills any form of Penn, stop it old man with a Brad Pitt 6 pack AV lmao. You're what.. 48 years old? How many alts u have thats a lot of likes there for a dummy.
What the hell are you talking about? When you're "BJ has no cardio" argument failed, you now have turned to calling me old and accusing me of having other accounts? lol

What the hell are you talking about? When you're "BJ has no cardio" argument failed, you now have turned to calling me old and accusing me of having other accounts? lol
It failed? I remember Bj's cardio failing many times.. when in fact it was I.. who failed? Just answer why did he do the twinkle toes thing. Maybe ill read that if you keep it short.

MildAggravatingDog-size_restricted.gif

Tony is a bad dude but I think Penn at his peak is one of the best of all time

It failed? I remember Bj's cardio failing many times.. when in fact it was I.. who failed? Just answer why did he do the twinkle toes thing. Maybe ill read that if you keep it short.
This thread is about BJ when he was in his prime. I realize you haven't been following MMA for too long, but the 3rd Edgar fight was a long time removed from BJ's best years.

prime BJ easy

way better chin, better boxing technique, better BJJ

tony always glassjaw, would get subbed in the first

prime BJ easy

way better chin, better boxing technique, better BJJ

tony always glassjaw, would get subbed in the first
Subbed in first? Better be an RnC or that will be impossible. You're dumber or are, Bob.

I was there bud, bought the RVCA shirts, all of them. In fact he used to be my favorite fighter until he kept putting his hands where they didn't belong. Shall we talk about that, as well?
Ok, so you have a biased opinion of his chances against Ferguson. Thanks for making it known to us all. No point in talking to you about it anymore.

Who at LW has Penn beat that was better than Tony?

I'll tell you...... No one.

Ferguson is tailor made to beat a front-runner like Penn. BJ will hurt him, sprint for a finish he won't get, and then will be gassed by the middle of the second round.

Ok, so you have a biased opinion of his chances against Ferguson. Thanks for making it known to us all. No point in talking to you about it anymore.
You think prime penn could go on Tony's winning streak. Jump off something very tall, Bob. You are getting no likes as backup for a reason. You're so off-base why am i talking to you? Beating sanchez joe daddy and kenflo compares to Tony's streak? Go fuck yourself.

Probably nobody. Maybe Sherk, but probably not. Tony is one of the best LWs ever.
BJ would need to fight a perfect fight to beat Tony and chances are he wouldn't be able to do it over 25 minutes without a finish inside 2 rounds.

Tony is a relentless, crazy MF with a great skillset.

By the 4th round, BJ would be getting tuned. I say this as a fan of both guys. BJ would win early on but I don't think he has the gas to hang 25 with Tony and I don't think he could put him away.

Back