Tony Ferguson vs Prime BJ Penn

Tony by being the superior fighter everywhere.
BJ might be the most overrated fighter of all time, he ruled a 6 fighters division and was given countless TS and his best win was a fluke.
Frankie Edgar kicked his ass 3 times

56769789567567.JPG

Last edited:
313q1jl.jpg

prime BJ imo
he MIGHT get caught in a sub by Tony but I doubt it

Prime BJ was better everywhere bar cardio. Tony would need the holy water.

I think Prime BJ gets the first 2 rounds then i think Ferg eventually finds his rhythm and snags a decision.

Since seeing Tony for the first time on TUF, I thought he would be a champ in a few years, but I don't see where Tony could beat a prime BJ. BJ was a special fighter we rarely see.

Last edited:
The rare time I take the mythical Prime BJ. I think this is a good match for him as he has the better chin and won't get caught in a sub

Tony Ferguson by total domination and destruction, It wouldn't even be close at all.Bj Penn whole striking game is consist of pure offensive boxing. And his boxing is not even that good, it's very basic and limited. he has virtually no footwork, can't fight backward zero kicking game, nonexistent counter striking game, bad cardio, very vulnerable to leg kicks, and below average striking defense. people seriously need to stop nuthugging Penn, he's not on the same level as these elite lightweights.

Last edited:
The level of competition now is much much harder than back then. Tony would push his shit in then bless his ass with holy water.

Ferguson beats the dog piss out of Penn and mr BJ quits on the stool before round 3

BJ might be the most overrated fighter of all time, he ruled a 6 fighters division and was given countless TS and his best win was a fluke.

View attachment 545217
Moronic post. Prime Penn would beat the hell out of Ferguson.

Tony Ferguson by total domination and destruction, It wouldn't even be close at all.Bj Penn whole striking game is consist of pure offensive boxing. And his boxing is not even that good, it's very basic and limited. he has virtually no footwork, can't fight backward zero kicking game, nonexistent counter striking game, bad cardio, very vulnerable to leg kicks, and below average striking defense. people seriously need to stop nuthugging Penn, he's not on the same level as these elite lightweights.

You analysed BJs striking deficiencies. Now do Tony's. And try to keep a straight face when you tell me he is a better striker fundamentally than BJ.

View attachment 545217
Tony and it wouldn't be close. Fighters are better now than they were 10 years ago. This sport is evolving, it's still new. BJ had a good run because his boxing was better than guys in the division. Frankie caught up when he showed he could out grapple (wrestle) and out box BJ. A guy like Khabib would murder BJ. A guy like Jon Jones is the perfect example. He made guys like Shogun and Rampage irreleveant. DC also is a guy with his standup and wrestling that would obliterate those type of fighters. Watching a fight like Jones vs Rampage or Jones vs Shogun tells the story of MMA. So does DC vs Henderson.

Prime PJ is inferior to Frankie Edgar
He was robbed in the first fight, so that is highly debatable.

Also, the vast majority of fighters are inferior to Frankie Edgar, Tony Ferguson included. Ferguson got lit up by Lando Vannata.

You analysed BJs striking deficiencies. Now do Tony's. And try to keep a straight face when you tell me he is a better striker fundamentally than BJ.
He's not? Because he clearly is a way better striker than Bj Penn. He has great boxing with a great jab, great inside leg kicks, great front snap kick, amazing and devastating elbows(he throws them very naturally like he's throwing hooks), and can fight equally in both stances and constantly switching stances, good at cutting his opponents off and trap them against the cage, constant pressure, endless cardio, and high output.

He and Feseine are all about the "evolution" myth.
Lol at "evolution myth". Even your favorite fighter anderson silva support mma evolution, like every others mma fans that are not blinded by nostalgia.

Last edited:
Back