Tony Ferguson: the greatest lightweight of all time?

Beylerbey

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Watching all the fights in Tony's current 11 win streak just leaves no doubt in my mind that this guy is the greatest lightweight of all time. It's sad that his age, his injuries and his mental state might prevent us from seeing him get the belt or face Khabib in his prime, because I truly believe he is unlike any other fighter in the division's history.

He started his reign of terror with his favourite submission, the D'Arce. Took him all of 2 minutes to set it up against Rio.
freegifmaker.me_2eTBz.gif
Went on to knock the soul out off Kikuno and his weird stance.
Kikuno.gif
Choked out NAIA All-American wrestler Trujillo, didn't break a sweat.
Trujillo (1).gif
Choked out juicy pre-USADA Tibau too.
freegifmaker.me_2eTBr (1).gif
Decided to return to his old, trusted ways and D'Arced Vannata and Barboza.
Vannata (1).gif Barboza (1).gif
Went five rounds with RDA in Mexico City, never significantly slowing down.
RDA-min.gif
Got his interim belt by submitting a wrestler off his back.
freegifmaker.me_2eTBh.gif
And finally, extended his winning streak to 11 by making Pettis quit.
3No4M (1).gif

#ChampShitOnly

The winner of Khabib vs Ferg, is the greatest LW of all time. atm, its still inconclusive..

He needs to beat khabib to hold that title

Thomson fight was one of his best performances , It should have been in this list

History books aren't gonna look kindly in him because on paper he hasn't achieved anything really, but he's a badass no doubt.

If Tony is the greatest LW of all time, then I'm the greatest sherdogger of all time.

I mean let's look at this with some common sense and logic - how ?
and I like Tony- there's nothing not to like about his style....a bit wreckless but not " gaejthe " wreckless.

ChampShitInterimOnly

Seriously tho, probably the greatest LW to not fight for an undisputed title. I’ll be pissed if Khabib/Ferguson never happens after all the times it’s been signed. Those two are definitely the best. It would be a travesty to if it never happens.

Last edited:
Yep, he is a truly amazing fighter. I knew he was legit since TUF, but it wasn't until the RDA fight that I realised shit, Tony really is elite, and probably the best LW in the world.

Probably the biggest bummer in MMA history that Tony Vs Kebab kept going kaput for whatever bizarre random reasons.

Him vs Khabib is certainly with out a shadow of a doubt the GOAT highest level LW fight.

Shame its absolutely fucking cursed

Which other fighter leaves his opponents looking like this, time after time after time?
TonyFaces.jpg

The winner of Khabib vs Ferg, is the greatest LW of all time. atm, its still inconclusive..

I think it’s fairly convincingly BJ still. I know that’s highly debatable but I give him the nod simply on the manner in which he embarrassed his opponents. Some say Frankie, some say Bendo but I still believe the BJ that murdered Stevenson, Sherk, Florian and Sanchez is the GOAT LW. So far ahead of the best LWs in the world at the time.

gonna go with no. he isn't. and while his fighting style is impressive and entertaining, those names you've shown aren't exactly the best names although there are a few good ones.

I'd honestly Keep prime benson henderson and BJ over him.

but to be absolutely fair to you ts, LW is the hardest division in the history of combat sports to determine the all time greatest in. tony isn't TOO far off the mark. I just wouldn't know how to put him over eddie alverez, benson, bj, pettis, khabib ect.

Can't take anything away from Tony or Khabib, but it would be BJ Penn for me.

It's sad that many of these athletes will have to live with brain damage their whole life, Tony should retire he need to think about his health. But ye, he is an all time great in his division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back