Tony ferguson talks about his beginning in mma and his skillset

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score

God stuff..

Also alot of training footage. Included rolling with forrest griffin.

Love this guy. Dont think he beats any form of khabib, but I do favor him against anyone else and hate that they are in their prime at the same time and havent fought

Did he literally say he's perfected the style of hitting and not getting hit? Ferg has lost the plot. CTE.

Did he literally say he's perfected the style of hitting and not getting hit? Ferg has lost the plot. CTE.
To be fair (and im just being kind here youre probably right) he probably is looking at it with a Muay Thai type attidude where landing a larger, more significant strike is worth taking a
small shot for.

I think he means he will land an overhand right to his opponents jab, but he wont eat an opponents overhand right for nothing. If that makes sense.

To be fair (and im just being kind here youre probably right) he probably is looking at it with a Muay Thai type attidude where landing a larger, more significant strike is worth taking a
small shot for.

I think he means he will land an overhand right to his opponents jab, but he wont eat an opponents overhand right for nothing. If that makes sense.
He usually goes plop for plop, jab for jab, he may feel he's doing more damage but its his ability to do that over and over that drowns his opponents.

This skills based analytical video of Tony Ferguson is interesting to watch.....

I mean he's not entirely wrong. Tony does get hit with just as many big shots as he lands in most of his fights but his recovery and insane durability coupled with his unlimited gas tank allows him to just keep turning up the pressure as his opponent goes the opposite route. End result is his opponent drowning under the relentless pressure.

Dudes an animal.

Tony's a tumbler and that's all i need,

giphy.gif

DeepTimelyCuttlefish-size_restricted.gif

His non-stop monologue about how awesome he is at everything is hilarious. I love that guy.

ggmIPLR.png

watched the whole vid, good stuff indeed.

some stuff i take away from it are how he has a true athletes mentality. He talks how at 24 years old he was 205lbs and eating bad food and drinking and it had to change. He went full on into wrestling then boxing then bjj. He talks about how he sees other fighters who have shit cardio and going 5 rounds in mexico city was nothing to him. He shits on khabib for missing weight for their fight at 209 saying how he saw how much khabib was stuggling with his weight cut all week. Its one thing to say these things, but tony puts the work in and shows hes as committed as it gets.

I also liked how he says he hopes his son grows up to be an athlete but he wont pick anything for him and that regardless if he wants to wrestle or be an artist, he must get the grades and he must go to college. Those are his rules. Again, one thing to say this stuff but you just feel like from tony he 100% means it.

small shot for.

He's talking about boxing, so nah.

small shot for.

But he gets woobled and bloodied up in every single one of his fights...

As much as he gets dropped and rocked his facial expression stays completely composed while doing it

God stuff..

Also alot of training footage. Included rolling with forrest griffin.

Solid post thank you .

I hope he doesnt get screwed , lol at Ali protecting the possible cash cow

Back