Tony Ferguson Says Stay Tuned Fight News Coming Soon

Probably rematch with Kevin Lee at UFC 229. They are stacking that card with LW in case Khabib or Conor fuck up.

Bad fight for Tony if it's 3 rounds. Kevin might win 2 rounds.

Kevin Lee sounds like the most logical guy. Not really sure tho. It's still risky to fight Kevin Lee a second time for no reason.

GSP said November or December.

GSP vs Ferguson. Book it

Maybe the winner of Khabib / McG?
That or Poirier/Diaz winner or Lee 2 (I know, too soon). All would be great.

On a side note... Lee vs Pettis? Please no. Step down for Lee and pointless derailing for an easily redeemable/marketable Pettis that could gain real some momentum.

That or Poirier/Diaz winner or Lee 2 (I know, too soon). All would be great.

On a side note... Lee vs Pettis? Please no. Step down for Lee and pointless derailing for an easily redeemable/marketable Pettis that could gain real some momentum.

Lee is fighting on 229. Hes got to fight someone. Pettis, Iaquinta and Hooker all the only real options.

Btw Pettis is a former wec/ufc champ who loses badly to all of the best 5 or 6 lws. This fight isn't about building Pettis up, it's about getting Lee another big name under his belt.

If they announce GSP vs Ferguson for GSP’s LW debut, I will lose it. Please MMA gods make this happen. For the fans. You robbed us of Ferg vs Khabib, it’s the least you could do.

Lee is fighting on 229. Hes got to fight someone. Pettis, Iaquinta and Hooker all the only real options.

Btw Pettis is a former wec/ufc champ who loses badly to all of the best 5 or 6 lws. This fight isn't about building Pettis up, it's about getting Lee another big name under his belt.
I get it. I'm saying it might be worth building Pettis up. Even if you play the zero sum game of "let's pick the future and sacrifice the past to it" it doesn't serve that too well either because, like I said in the first post, Pettis is a step down for Lee (he finishes a top 5 then gets someone unranked). So it doesn't really help that great to build Lee up either.

This is so true. If Lee is not a big favorite everybody should put money on him. It is very safe to say that he will destroy Pettis.

GSP won't fight Ferg- interim belt?? Nope

Ferg vs Aldo or Lee 2

Hooker- 2nd best option. He wants a big name and Tony will fight anyone
Personally I think Dan Hooker has looked really good recently and I'd like them to match him up with a top name, so I hope he gets Ferg or Pettis very soon. I think his association with Adesanya might help him.

I think Ferguson vs Aldo would be interesting and certainly two big names. I think Aldo doesn't want to cut to 145 any more and after his recent big win, he might sign up for that. PLUS if Khabib dropped out for any reason.... Aldo or Ferguson vs Conor would both be very marketable.

One more thought on the 155lb "dance"..... : I think Iaquinta vs Hooker makes a lot of sense, thinking about it (if they don't do Hooker vs Pettis). Hooker wants a top10 guy, and Iaquinta is ranked #9 currently and seems available and so i can see them putting that matchup together.

He might take a lower ranked fighter as a tune up fight coming back from the injury

Well as far as we know, Diaz is still fighting Poirier. and Gaethje is fighting Vick next week and I doubt he'll be ready to fight again by October 6th the way he fights.
Did not know Gathje and Vick signed to fight, must have been announced while I was on hiatus... I stand corrected.

Pettis vs Lee? Yikes. If Pettis wants to string some wins together and get on a roll again, i don't think that's the fight to do it. Maybe he pulls of a sub. Wouldn't Tony fight winner of Khabib/Conor? Maybe?

If they announce GSP vs Ferguson for GSP’s LW debut, I will lose it. Please MMA gods make this happen. For the fans. You robbed us of Ferg vs Khabib, it’s the least you could do.
I think they should do it right though and announce it during a Diaz-Poirier press conference.

I hope Ferguson fights someone like Alvarez if he chooses to re-sign. One can only hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back