Tony Ferguson Says Stay Tuned Fight News Coming Soon

He's 34 going on 35, he missed his prime due to injuries. His prime was probably last year.

WHoever he is scheduled to fight, I am pretty sure it will be on the UFC229 card as they NEED someone to step in if either Khabib or Conor gets injured or misses weight etc etc and as of right now I don't see any other scheduled 155lb fight for that card.

So ...I am guessing Tony vs maybe Lee at UFC229. I just hope he takes care and stays in one piece. Also... Oct 6th is actually not that far away...i hope he has enough time to prepare given his serious knee injury.

OR .....it could be that they're throwing him onto the November UFC230 card as this will give him more time to get in fight shape and it will cover any dropouts in the Poirier vs Nate fight.

I know it ain't happening but I wish it was Gillespie. I think he's capable of beating anyone at LW and just needs that big name opponent. At his age he needs to make a run asap. Could be Khabib's worst stylistic matchup with his high level wrestling and athleticism.

I feel like they about to feed Pettis to him on UFC 229 as a showcase fight.

That recovery was fuckin fast, could it really be him vs GSP ?

I like both Aldo and GSP for him.

Been wanting to see Aldo move up since before the Holloway losses. His coaches said he wanted to quit with a couple pounds left on his cut. I know he’s always had rough cuts to 145 but perhaps they’re getting to be too much for him.

Would like to see GSP make 156 before fighting Khabib/Conor winner. No one wants to see GSP vs Khabib/Conor get cancelled last minute due to a botched weight cut.

I feel these two are most likely as Tony has said he only wants a title fight next so an alternative to that would have to be a big name.

Probably be Raging Al. Don't know why, dude's coming off a loss, but this could just be a tune-up fight to get his rhythm back inside the octagon + Al did talk some shit after Tony injured himself...

Tony is getting finished in his return. Mark my words.

Mystic SalvadorAllende, august 13th of 2018

Probably be Raging Al. Don't know why, dude's coming off a loss, but this could just be a tune-up fight to get his rhythm back inside the octagon + Al did talk some shit after Tony injured himself...
I hope not. He deserves a lot better than Raging Al but there isn't a lot available.

Agreed on weird.

I would really LOVE for the UFC to PAY Tony to become the Replacement fighter for Khabib & Conor.
No need to fight anyone, just be in shape and ready to fight either guy if someone gets injured.

I think this is the most likely option, similar to the UFC having Usman on standby if Till fails to make weight (it's highly unlikely Woodley is the cause of that fight falling though).

I hope not. He deserves a lot better than Raging Al but there isn't a lot available.

If he's not fighting either Khabib or Conor, I'd most like to see Ferguson fight Diaz. Setup Gathje with Lee.

What a shitshow video. But I love Tony's insanity. I can't wait for him to start fighting again. Win or lose, the guy is fun to watch.

I think this is the most likely option, similar to the UFC having Usman on standby if Till fails to make weight (it's highly unlikely Woodley is the cause of that fight falling though).

If he's not fighting either Khabib or Conor, I'd most like to see Ferguson fight Diaz. Setup Gathje with Lee.
Well as far as we know, Diaz is still fighting Poirier. and Gaethje is fighting Vick next week and I doubt he'll be ready to fight again by October 6th the way he fights.

Back