News Tony Ferguson says he will face Michael Chandler in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol you left an odd man out. or what exactly does this mean: gaethje vs hooker and oliviera vs dariush or ferriera? i would say ferriera and oliviera are ahead of daruish tho. oliviera vs cdf is a good fight for sure and makes sense
Oliviera and Dariush was cancelled so it makes sense to book it again. But if not for whatever reason, Ferreira!

Chandler can make a huge statement here. He's got the fast sneaky power right he throws, could catch Tony.

Tony is old. Got the beating of a lifetime. He was so slow. Has no defense at all.
That’s what’s made him so great to watch over the years.

But he’s getting ancient for 155. Chandler is an absolute killer especially the first couple of rounds.

the fight will be fireworks. I like both guys a lot. You could play frisbee with Tony and it would just keep hitting him between his eyes every throw.

I think it's his overwhelming confidence and him kinda coming off as a corny ass.

He double speaks which gives people the wrong intention. For example he hid behind the rda excuse of for the record I wasn't offered that fight but then goes volunteers to fight names he wasn't offered to fight because they're in the top 5. Just annoying.

If he was upfront and stop the double talk I'm here for the title, that's it. I think hed have more respect. Also him losing two fights ago and saying he's the best lw fighter in the world runs people wrong way. It does for me say I want to prove that I am. Not I am. You can think that but to say that to the fans it's just comes off silly.
He comes off fairly ordinary to me, for a fighter anyway. For the most part, he’s your typical American jock. As for turning down the fights “below” him, I’m gonna assume he knows more than we do about what was coming his way. If he is indeed fighting Tony, I’m sure that was part of his “I have other plans” statement. I can’t hate the dude for taking the the path of least resistance to the top. A win over Tony will either put him in a #1 contender fight or a title fight outright. It sucks for RDA because Chandler’s comment comes across smug, but looks like he was actually getting himself lined up for a better opportunity.

can't believe we have to watch Tony lose to fucking Bellator scraps Chandler, good lord it's gonna be painful.

When is Rothfuss gonna get off his fat ass and write book 3?
Fucking never :( his publisher even thru him under the bus last summer, said he probably hasn’t even started it yet.

I’ve quit recommending NOTW until book 3 comes out.

can't believe we have to watch Tony lose to fucking Bellator scraps Chandler, good lord it's gonna be painful.
I’m gonna assume this is sarcasm, right? Chandler is one of the finest fighters bellator has produced.

He comes off fairly ordinary to me, for a fighter anyway. For the most part, he’s your typical American jock. As for turning down the fights “below” him, I’m gonna assume he knows more than we do about what was coming his way. If he is indeed fighting Tony, I’m sure that was part of his “I have other plans” statement. I can’t hate the dude for taking the the path of least resistance to the top. A win over Tony will either put him in a #1 contender fight or a title fight outright. It sucks for RDA because Chandler’s comment comes across smug, but looks like he was actually getting himself lined up for a better opportunity.
I don't blame him either but I do blame.the way he's going about relaying that message to the fans. If he just says I'm gunning for the title, I have plans to get there. It's end of. But this whole insinuating I'd fight but I wasn't offered then go volunteer your name in the Conor hat for example comes off lame . If his goal is to get the title, fair play but if he wants to get the title and fans, you're not building a fanbase sending conflicting messages.

He didn't need to say he wasn't offered that fight. He did that before with another fighter too. I think Islam. Just say we talked about the top 5 and that's it. I respect that. I don't respect this hiding behind "I wasn't offered that fight" because even if he was offered he wouldn't take it. Neither would I if I was him.

I like and dislike the guy. Sometimes he just rubs me the wrong way. Comes off annoying.

I can beat anyone's ass in the ufc top 10 of my weight class btw. I just lost to the fw champion and won over the ghost of benson henderson. Tell me that doesn't annoy people. If pitbull said that shit about UFC's fw he would have more of a case to make. It wouldn't come off corny

I’m gonna assume this is sarcasm, right? Chandler is one of the finest fighters bellator has produced.
A bit yeah, haha.

Young Chandler was a fucking beast (he lost a couple kinda BS decisions to Eddie and Will Brooks). I know he's still good I just don't get the same vibes from him nowadays, especially when he got finished by Pitbull in a minute.

The UFC is doing the right thing with these match ups. If all goes well it'll be:

Tony vs Chandler
Conor vs Poirier
Gaethje vs Hooker

I'd favor Ferguson in this for sure, especially if they go for a 5 rounder. He's still elite
Hooker doesn't deserve it. Guys coming off a loss. Should be Oliveira or the winner of RDA felder vs Gaethje

I don't blame him either but I do blame.the way he's going about relaying that message to the fans. If he just says I'm gunning for the title, I have plans to get there. It's end of. But this whole insinuating I'd fight but I wasn't offered then go volunteer your name in the Conor hat for example comes off lame . If his goal is to get the title, fair play but if he wants to get the title and fans, you're not building a fanbase sending conflicting messages.

He didn't need to say he wasn't offered that fight. He did that before with another fighter too. I think Islam. Just say we talked about the top 5 and that's it. I respect that. I don't respect this hiding behind "I wasn't offered that fight" because even if he was offered he wouldn't take it. Neither would I if I was him.

I like and dislike the guy. Sometimes he just rubs me the wrong way. Comes off annoying.
I’m fairly indifferent with him, even though I got called a Chandler hater for picking Tony itt. I still don’t see what’s wrong with the answers he’s given that annoy you though. He was asked repeatedly about those fights in interviews or social media. If he wasn’t officially offered the RDA or Islam fights, he can say that, even if he never planned on accepting them anyway, and still call out top guys he hasn’t been offered in the same vain. But admittedly, I don’t see his every remark. If he’s being hypocritical about it, I’ll take your word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back