Media Tony Ferguson says he and Khabib can go up to heavyweight and win... is it true?

Khabib walks around at about 190, if he put on 20 pounds of muscle he'd be 210. I can see him easily beating a lot of these HWs at 210 pounds.

Hell, even at his current weight he'd probably beat Tai Tuivasa.

Is there a reason Tony/Khabib isn't happening until April? Seems so long off.

if that were true he would do it since heavyweight is so shallow and they get paid so much more
/thread
It is such bullshit. Why would they keep on cutting weight if the wins and much higher pay is right there in HW

Or they could just move up to 170 and stop pulling out.

....if this was remotely true.

DecentSlimyAvians-size_restricted.gif
Rockholds face in this GIF is hilarious. Dude is like "I don't want to be here"

Curtis Blaydes would twist both men into a pretzel.
I'd love to see it. They should both move up for the laughs we'll all get.

Yeah because heavyweights are getting paid more than Conor and Khabib.

<{clintugh}>
Imagine if Ngannou puts a 12 fight winning streak in the UFC. Dude would be getting paid.

Conor is an anomaly tho. Super exciting fighting style, fun personality, performs under pressure, has all the drunk pride irish rooting for him, etc.

So you've never heard of the absolute division. Gotcha.
Absolute division simply means anyone can enter regardless of weight class. I've seen PRIDE and the early UFCs. That has nothing to do with the SUCCESS of Khabib and Ferguson in a higher weight class, all it means is that they could PARTICIPATE against heavier fighters in the aboslute division. If you seriously think Khabib and Ferguson could beat someone like Ngannou or Overeem in an open weight fight you're fucking retarded.

<41>
Cool, natty LHW Khabib leaned on a middleweight in practice, aka the same guy that just got murdered by a Danaher blue belt in a grappling match. Meanwhile, our boy FW Conor just KO'd a WW in a real fight tho......

It makes you wonder if UFC will ever have a James Toney type.

A guy that comes from that 155 or 160lbs range, all the way up to heavyweight and becomes a champ or fights for the title.

I guess the closest we've seen is Rumble, though he wasn't particularly successful at the lower weight classes. Penn another close one, but not quite that Toney level consistency at all those weight classes.
Yah, Rumble is the closest, and he never even won a belt and was always missing weight. Boxing does not rely on weight the same way grappling does. I thought a guy like Pico may have a shot but no way with him getting stiffened by a breeze and his chicken jaw. A guy like Adesanya may have a shot of getting three belts, but that is a real long shot. Eventually someone will win three belts, but having high level success at LW range to HW range, is a huge stretch.

Khabib would have a legitimate shot against someone like Cyril Asker or some former heavyweights and now-cut fighters, like Hu Yaozong or Dmitry Smolyakov. However, any heavyweight even slightly more athletic or technical than those fighters would probably knock out any lightweight, including Khabib and Tony, fairly easily.

Absolute division simply means anyone can enter regardless of weight class. I've seen PRIDE and the early UFCs. That has nothing to do with the SUCCESS of Khabib and Ferguson in a higher weight class, all it means is that they could PARTICIPATE against heavier fighters in the aboslute division. If you seriously think Khabib and Ferguson could beat someone like Ngannou or Overeem in an open weight fight you're fucking retarded.
Good god you're clueless. Should've just admitted you had no idea what you were talking about, now you've only embarrassed yourself.

Back