Media Tony Ferguson says he and Khabib can go up to heavyweight and win... is it true?

It makes you wonder if UFC will ever have a James Toney type.

A guy that comes from that 155 or 160lbs range, all the way up to heavyweight and becomes a champ or fights for the title.

I guess the closest we've seen is Rumble, though he wasn't particularly successful at the lower weight classes. Penn another close one, but not quite that Toney level consistency at all those weight classes.
Tough to do in mma when a heavier guy can grapple you.

Didn't Tony also suggest that his young son was the Second Coming of Christ? And that the walls of his house were bugged?

I have Tony beating Tai Tuivasa.

What bout back the day when little Japanese dude beat that hench sumo... they'd beat super heavyweights.

Ortega beats Stefan struv

There are some bum heavyweights, skill wise Tony & Khabib are like lifetimes ahead of some of the dudes at HW, I have no doubt they can beat a few of them.

Brock is the HW version of Khabib but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more athletic.
No he is not. Completely different animals. Brock is mostly a steroid enhanced athlete, Khabib is a fighter.

AMjQhr1.gif

DecentSlimyAvians-size_restricted.gif

yeah Conor’s not getting out of that type of shit from Khabib. Conor’s best chance would be to stand very far away and catch him rushing in. Other then that, it’s a wrap.

I feel like if Mousasi could move up and sub Mark Hunt in seconds. Khabib could probably handle Greg Hardy.

Edit, shit I thought it was under a minute. 1:19.

I'd pick Khabib against any WW, and tony against most, but the idea of either guy at MW competitively is absurd to me. I know photos can be deceptive, and Costa is more in the foreground, but look at Perry next to Costa. The skill difference isn't closing that gap.

EJ4g7pYsgqiytnTMMi7exxyyhbSWbb2hQQBudDokEog.jpg

Look at the size difference between Usman and Nganou, and then realize that either Tony or Khabib are smaller than Usman.

D-wp0fuUEAA5a_F.jpg

The man inside the wall of Tony’s house told him this so it must be true.

Tony has HW sized hands anyway...FFS look at those mitts. They don't even look close to propionate to his arms.

No wonder everyone he hits looks like they've been beaten by a group of guys with steel pipes. He's got a couple of canned hams attached to his wrists.

Back