Media Tony Ferguson reveals he had an altercation with Khabib in hotel lobby

I think if khabib beats tony, then goes up and gets the ww title. No doubt hes P4P best. I think Khabib is a bit premature in saying he should get P4P now. Hes close to it, no doubt. But if he beats Tony he cleans out the LW division and WW is the only division left for him to challenge and prove himself. Then I would give him the P4P goat. And i dont like Khabib. Same for Jones too, he needs to get HW gold if he really wants that p4p GOAT title.

Why should Khabib get the benefit of the doubt over Tony? How many altercations or times he's attacked people outside a cage? Zero. I'm starting to see Khabib for the first time. With that riot, all the altercations, people give him the benefit of the doubt? I always thought Conor could be in, and was, dangerous. Now I think Khabib, with his upbringing and culture, might be just as crazy and dangerous as Conor or maybe much more. I wouldn't be surprised if either died much younger than they should or end up in prison. Imo.

"Crazy Tony" omfg Shut Up. How many brawls has Khabib been in? In just the last 2 years??What if he had his posse and wanted to grab Tony's neck like Artem with his wife there. Why would Tony have any reason not to think this could very easily escalate. Imagine if the f'n Dagestanis were there when the bus attack happened. Holy shit dude.
But he never lies about shit he does. Khabib doesnt care what people think. He literally just said he would fight conor and his crew if they saw him again. So why would he lie about tony. Think for a second about that.

Well I won't consider him the GOAT until he wins an elevator fight with Buffer.

{<buffer}

But he never lies about shit he does. Khabib doesnt care what people think. He literally just said he would fight conor and his crew if they saw him again. So why would he lie about tony. Think for a second about that.

Different situations, different times. Conor insulted Muslims. So in his mind and community he will always be right. He would get praise regardless. That's why he's so huge in the Muslim world now. He shut up a thrashtalker and brawled with his team afterwards. That's why Poirier was treated with such respect, it's to show the world if you are humble to Muslims they will be humble to you. Poirier was used in that regard. Most muslims I train with don't respect grappling and call it hugging. However they respect Khabib after the Conor fight ask yourself why.

Tony is a guy that says random stuff, he's insulted Khabib many times and so did Khabib. When they see him they will try to intimidate him, it's just how it goes man. I can get into all kind of random stuff analyzing body language. He reacted smug, not worried and not flinched, It's like he knew the question would come up and played it off.

Just like the Max stuff, they come in with a gang and surround him, they run next to him and invade his space. If their crew walks towards Max training solo you'd feel the energy switch. And if they go run next to you that's testing you, if that was a Diaz brother or Masvidal they'd be on edge and adress the situation and either throw down right there or get out of the situation while making sure they wouldn't get into that situation again. Ask yourself why? Because it's bully behaviour.

It's setting everything up for a confrontation while they got you surrounded. That's what Hyena's do to their prey before they pounce. The moment they smell fear they pounce, or laugh at you and disrespect you then and there. In the streets it's either throw down or back off and get your shit taken if you're unlucky. If people test you and you're weak other fuckers will also try to take a bite out of you the next time.

That's why Conor flew in with goons and went ultra aggresive, he also understood the message that his friend did or did not get at the moment(Artem was intimidated, a friend of his got stabbed up while they were in Russia in a confrontation with Dagestani's) . But he understood if he didn't do anything now, they'd get punked again and again.

Different situations, different times. Conor insulted Muslims. So in his mind and community he will always be right. He would get praise regardless. That's why he's so huge in the Muslim world now. He shut up a thrashtalker and brawled with his team afterwards. That's why Poirier was treated with such respect, it's to show the world if you are humble to Muslims they will be humble to you. Poirier was used in that regard. Most muslims I train with don't respect grappling and call it hugging. However they respect Khabib after the Conor fight ask yourself why.

Tony is a guy that says random stuff, he's insulted Khabib many times and so did Khabib. When they see him they will try to intimidate him, it's just how it goes man. I can get into all kind of random stuff analyzing body language. He reacted smug, not worried and not flinched, It's like he knew the question would come up and played it off.

Just like the Max stuff, they come in with a gang and surround him, they run next to him and invade his space. If their crew walks towards Max training solo you'd feel the energy switch. And if they go run next to you that's testing you, if that was a Diaz brother or Masvidal they'd be on edge and adress the situation and either throw down right there or get out of the situation while making sure they wouldn't get into that situation again. Ask yourself why? Because it's bully behaviour.

It's setting everything up for a confrontation while they got you surrounded. That's what Hyena's do to their prey before they pounce. The moment they smell fear they pounce, or laugh at you and disrespect you then and there. In the streets it's either throw down or back off and get your shit taken if you're unlucky. If people test you and you're weak other fuckers will also try to take a bite out of you the next time.

That's why Conor flew in with goons and went ultra aggresive, he also understood the message that his friend did or did not get at the moment(Artem was intimidated, a friend of his got stabbed up while they were in Russia in a confrontation with Dagestani's) . But he understood if he didn't do anything now, they'd get punked again and again.
Again all the stuff you are talkin about is done openly and with no shame. So if it happened w tony it should be no different.

But Conor is likely to get punk'd by Khabib and his crew again and again as long as he tries antagonising it'll be nothing but humiliation after humiliation and then we'll get right wing pussies up in here talking about sticks and stones, Muslims savages etc...

Khabib bless.

Again all the stuff you are talkin about is done openly and with no shame. So if it happened w tony it should be no different.

I don't know if it happened or not, but the fact that Tony's wife was allegedly with him absolutely changes it. Khabib may be unashamed about his crew surrounding people and using intimidation tactics, but things change if you start bringing people's families into it where they feel threatened. IF they did this (and again I'm saying IF, because I don't know) it may have sunk in after the fact that "Okay...the guy was with his wife...we crossed a line here." Or someone told him "Hey, you don't want to admit this one, it will look REALLY bad if your crew is perceived as goons who surround a guy who's with his wife". Khabib may have his own moral code and be unashamed, but he's not a moron.

You start fucking around with people's families safety (or even perceived safety), that's when shit escalates. Not just to fists flying, but to bullets potentially flying.

Again, I'll just repeat that I don't know what's true, I wasn't there. I'm just saying it's not as simple as "Khabib always admits everything, so he's obviously telling the truth." There are different levels of this type of stuff.

But Conor is likely to get punk'd by Khabib and his crew again and again as long as he tries antagonising it'll be nothing but humiliation after humiliation and then we'll get right wing pussies up in here talking about sticks and stones, Muslims savages etc...

Khabib bless.

With the amount of gun violence we have here, I really hope Khabib and his crew don't surround some guy who happens to be strapped and gets scared enough to pull on them and someone gets shot. If they limit it only to other UFC fighters, I'd say that's really unlikely (unless it's Frank Mir LOL since he's always strapped). That would be A)tragic and B) some horrible publicity for MMA.

Tony is a fucking loon but Khabibs English isn’t the strongest and he’s a pretty intense guy. Even in interviews. I could definetly see tony unintentionally working himself up over Khabibs poor attempt at a peaceful interaction. Khabibs camp has been very respectful towards tony deserving the next shot. I don’t see Beeb just running in there starting shit with an opponent he’s not even signed to fight yet.

I don't know if it happened or not, but the fact that Tony's wife was allegedly with him absolutely changes it. Khabib may be unashamed about his crew surrounding people and using intimidation tactics, but things change if you start bringing people's families into it where they feel threatened. IF they did this (and again I'm saying IF, because I don't know) it may have sunk in after the fact that "Okay...the guy was with his wife...we crossed a line here." Or someone told him "Hey, you don't want to admit this one, it will look REALLY bad if your crew is perceived as goons who surround a guy who's with his wife". Khabib may have his own moral code and be unashamed, but he's not a moron.

You start fucking around with people's families safety (or even perceived safety), that's when shit escalates. Not just to fists flying, but to bullets potentially flying.

Again, I'll just repeat that I don't know what's true, I wasn't there. I'm just saying it's not as simple as "Khabib always admits everything, so he's obviously telling the truth." There are different levels of this type of stuff.
I dont know what happened,i dont agree w everything either guy does,but tony's paranoia and khabibs history,has me seein my own way about it,thats all i can say. I hope it did not happen, and now that conors out of the picture (for now) we dont need more of that.

Tony is a fucking loon but Khabibs English isn’t the strongest and he’s a pretty intense guy. Even in interviews. I could definetly see tony unintentionally working himself up over Khabibs poor attempt at a peaceful interaction. Khabibs camp has been very respectful towards tony deserving the next shot. I don’t see Beeb just running in there starting shit with an opponent he’s not even signed to fight yet.

I think the situations that are being discussed are way more about Khabib's crew than they are about Khabib. If Khabib was alone or with one other guy and approached Tony and his wife as they were in line to check into a hotel, for sure odds are the interaction would be cordial and they might even joke around with each other. If (and I'm gonna keep saying "if" because we don't know what happened) Khabib has 6 or 7 guys with them who fan out and start to look like they are surrounding someone or flanking them, whatever words and however respectful Khabib wants to be starts to not matter.

I think the situations that are being discussed are way more about Khabib's crew than they are about Khabib. If Khabib was alone or with one other guy and approached Tony and his wife as they were in line to check into a hotel, for sure odds are the interaction would be cordial and they might even joke around with each other. If (and I'm gonna keep saying "if" because we don't know what happened) Khabib has 6 or 7 guys with them who fan out and start to look like they are surrounding someone or flanking them, whatever words and however respectful Khabib wants to be starts to not matter.

I agree but I would hope Khabib would have better judgement that to have an entourage of that character with him to approach tony and his wife. IF that is what happened.

I agree but I would hope Khabib would have better judgement that to have an entourage of that character with him to approach tony and his wife. IF that is what happened.

He may not even decide it. He may just be walking with his crew and that's their natural M.O. Which is kinda messed up, but that may just be how they roll. So Khabib is just going to say something cordial and his crew takes it on themselves to be the goon squad.

Who knows, honestly? Just seems like this **may** be turning into a pattern.

Khabib bless.

Khabib outclassed Conor in the cage. But right after he got choked he fucked up some of them that came running for him. They planned the brawl, Khabib said it a year later. They planned it.

Afterwards he got suckerpunched from behind and got fucked up for a bit. It’s w/e he showed he would fight back. Same for Dillon he also fought back. Rest of his team didn’t it was two against 8 really

Khabib outclassed Conor in the cage. But right after he got choked he fucked up some of them that came running for him. They planned the brawl, Khabib said it a year later. They planned it.

Afterwards he got suckerpunched from behind and got fucked up for a bit. It’s w/e he showed he would fight back. Same for Dillon he also fought back. Rest of his team didn’t it was two against 8 really

Well after Conrad sucker punched Abu Bakr on the fence anything goes. Conrad is a serial sucker puncher, we know that now.

Yeah, this is one thing that annoys me about Khabib as a person. Loyalty is great, but if you have a problem, handle it one on one. The brawl after 229 wasn't a great look for the sport, but I can understand it. The Artem thing and this are out of line though. You're a grown man. If you wanna say something, do it on your own and don't put on this mafia act.
I still don't get what the big deal was with the Artem thing.

Khabib didn't go out of his way to track him down with a gang. Artem talked shit about him, ran into him in a hotel while he was with his team and while his team stood back Khabib went up and talked to him.

Putting his hand on the back of his neck was all he did, he explained his issue, they talked and that was the end of it.

Really don't see why people act like this was such a malicious encounter, looked pretty basic to me and likely would have looked exactly the same had Artems team also been there.

Yeah but nobody went after Conor until Conor sucker punched Khabibs guy who wasn't even looking in his direction at the time, not too mention the 30 or so security guards that where helping them, it was closer to 4 or 5 against 30 when all was said and done.

Tony’s the type of guy to vape olive oil.

I still don't get what the big deal was with the Artem thing.

Khabib didn't go out of his way to track him down with a gang. Artem talked shit about him, ran into him in a hotel while he was with his team and while his team stood back Khabib went up and talked to him.

Putting his hand on the back of his neck was all he did, he explained his issue, they talked and that was the end of it.

Really don't see why people act like this was such a malicious encounter, looked pretty basic to me and likely would have looked exactly the same had Artems team also been there.
For me, it was more the way they kind of surrounded him even though it was only Khabib who talked to him. Just felt like schoolyard bullying tactics. I don't really have a problem with Khabib smacking him around lol.

It was probably nothing more than the "normal" crossing of paths you have in combat sports at all levels out side the venue, with rival camps looking for an edge. And Tony is selling it but with his mental issues its difficult to say. I wouldn't put it past Khabib's camp but I also think he'd own it if it was premeditated. Like he did with Conor's crew, who tried to punk him but ended up getting their shit pushed in. Different situations.

Back