Tony Ferguson returns to fight Anthony Pettis at UFC 229

Who wins? Tony Ferguson or Anthony Pettis?

• Total voters
Pettis wins because Khabib pulls out, Tony fights Conor, and Pettis gets someone he can beat.

A lot more exciting and close fight than people realize. Still expect Tony to win, but best fight he could've taken in my opinion. Might even steal the show.
Tony gets murked on by everyone for a round but he is damn near to finish. Then, it's just a matter of time. Pettis best bet is to get a TKO or win round 1-2 and get on a bike in the third.

Tony is a base wrestler but his wrestling is kind of non existent. His jitz and striking is super creative, but his toughness and endurance gets him thru. Pettis just has very little hand power to keep him honest, plus Pettis struggled with Max, who is kind of similar to Tony (big pressure fighter). I spose a win is possible, it will likely be exciting, but I just dont see Showtime beating any top fighters now a days.

Also McGregor vs Ferguson for 229 main event CONFIRMED
Khabib and Tony going to weigh ins:

giphy.gif

Conor Pettis confirmed

<seedat>

wow imagine if pettis calls out conor
I can't see many situations where the winner of this fight doesn't get matched up against the winner of the main event. Sure, Pettis will be on a two-fight streak, but he'll have beaten the rightful champ and broken that long win streak, and is a former champ himself. Former champs generally seem to have an easier track to the title than other fighters in the division. And if Ferguson wins, it can't be denied.

Tony gets murked on by everyone for a round but he is damn near to finish. Then, it's just a matter of time. Pettis best bet is to get a TKO or win round 1-2 and get on a bike in the third.

Tony is a base wrestler but his wrestling is kind of non existent. His jitz and striking is super creative, but his toughness and endurance gets him thru. Pettis just has very little hand power to keep him honest, plus Pettis struggled with Max, who is kind of similar to Tony (big pressure fighter). I spose a win is possible, it will likely be exciting, but I just dont see Showtime beating any top fighters now a days.

Max and Tony are completely different. Tony can't pose the same threats Max did. His boxing, mostly his footwork aren't nearly good enough.

Tony mostly wins fights with his jiu-jitsu, but that seems fairly unlikely in this fight. I think he'll still win off volume, but I seriously doubt it won't be a good fight.

I can't see many situations where the winner of this fight doesn't get matched up against the winner of the main event. Sure, Pettis will be on a two-fight streak, but he'll have beaten the rightful champ and broken that long win streak, and is a former champ himself. Former champs generally seem to have an easier track to the title than other fighters in the division. And if Ferguson wins, it can't be denied.

Plus, he was on the Wheaties box so...

I'm pretty sure they're still trying to milk that.

Rooting for Tony, but I have a feeling that Pettis will take it and surprise everybody.

In a perfect world Ferguson would win and call out the winner of Khabib vs Conor, but I have a feeling the stars just won't align on this one.

Pettis actually matches up well with Tony

This could be interesting

Plus, he was on the Wheaties box so...

I'm pretty sure they're still trying to milk that.
I am proud to say I bought one of those while he was champ and have it standing up on top of one of my bookshelves.

Awesome, Tony is a savage for coming back so quick. Should be a fun fight.

It would be a miracle if within a months time Conor, Khabib, Tony and Nate all get a fight under their belt.Hide the wires, weed, dollys, and tiramasu.

I dont like this fight because Pettis is nowhere near his level when he was champ. But, he can still pull an upset

Pettis wins because Khabib pulls out, Tony fights Conor, and Pettis gets someone he can beat.
That feel when khabib pulls out, Tony replaces him and then gets TKO’d by the cord again at the weigh-ins, and we get Conor vs Pettis as main event
<6><Fedor23>

LW Championship: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor
HW: Alexander Volkov vs Derrick Lewis
LW: Tony Ferguson vs Anthony Pettis
FLW: Sergio Pettis vs Jussier Formiga
LHW: Ovince Saint Preux vs Dominick Reyes

I miss great cards like this. They’ll most likely move 1 or 2 of these fights off the main card and replace it with low level wmma bullshit though.
hopefully if (when?) one of these fights falls through they will bump the O'Malley scrap to the main card instead of WMMA. I don't mind WMMA but this card is shaping up to be phenomenal, I want constant momentum leading up to Conor-Khabib. I'm not a huge fan of O'Malley but at least he is an entertaining fighter.

Interesting fight. Both guys have good striking and sneaky submissions. I picked Ferg, but i wouldn't be surprised motherfuckers if pettis pulls off a sneaky sub if it hits the ground.

If Showtime who throws caution to the wind shows up Tony might be in some serious shit..

Back