Media Tony Ferguson Releases First Statement Since Loss

Tony need step down in competition I think that Gaethje fight took a lot out of him

I wonder if he's at a point where its win or you're cut territory for tony. He needs to right the ship asap if he wants to fight In the ufc for a while longer. Get to work on that defensive wrestling. Its cost him badly for two fights now.

I’m feeling Ferguson vs Gillespe, but the man should retire.

Tony Translated to Regular English : it’s not over for me yet, you could say it’s just the beginning. Why should I reitre now and give the critics the satisfaction of saying I’m done? Now I’m mad

Has Tony even landed a single strike in his last three fights? Give it up. The guy is completely done

Tony must fight Hooker. That's a winnable fight for Tony. If I'm Tony, it's Dan Hooker on a fight event card five rounder. Not three, but five. Three might be hard for Tony, but Dan Hooker for five rounds. This or nothing.

Hooker would starch this Tony

I like Tony, but he's delusional. He said in the pre-fight interview that he didn't even hit his prime yet lol. After 3 clear cut losses and being on the wrong end of the 30s I'd just retire tbh.

I honestly wouldn't mind Lando moving back up to 155 to face him again at this point

Now he is pissed? He was not mad after losing 2 fights and then getting whaled on in his 3rd in a row?

"Now I'm Pissed"

1H3M.gif

Hooker would pick him apart. No more top contenders. Let’s have him build his way back up. I think he can find success there still.

Hooker is not a top contender.
But yeah he would probably still pick him apart.

Dude needs to retire first...

Who retires first: Cowboy or El Cucuy?

The UFC should lease Tony out to some smaller shows so he can remember what winning a round felt like.

Thanks for translating so I didn’t have to cut and paste to babble

The UFC should lease Tony out to some smaller shows so he can remember what winning a round felt like.

I was thinking the same. Has he even won a round in the last 3 fights? I realize he doesn’t point fight but to not take a single round in 2 years?
His entire self identity is wrapped up in this fighting and that doesn’t bode well for the rest of his life. I wish him peace with himself.

Tony Translated to Regular English : it’s not over for me yet, you could say it’s just the beginning. Why should I reitre now and give the critics the satisfaction of saying I’m done? Now I’m mad

his time is done plain and simple. he had his chances to shine and when he was on a streak should've made every effort to obtain and be ready for a title shot....now that there's a string of losses nobody is really rooting for tony nor does he have any star power plus there's other candidates that are likely gonna have better success than him. I would not be surprised if the ufc cut him if he loses another fight.

It's time for Tony to join the tour of veterans fighting each other for decent paydays. His days as a top contender are over.

Bellator does seem like a good destination for him, since they tend to over-pay the vets.

Back