Media Tony Ferguson Releases First Statement Since Loss

Hooker would pick him apart. No more top contenders. Let’s have him build his way back up. I think he can find success there still.

no Hooker is the weakest. The up and comers are killers, better than Hooker. Tony should be fighting Hooker no one else. If I'm Tony's manager, it's Hooker and no one else.

Tony must fight Hooker. That's a winnable fight for Tony. If I'm Tony, it's Dan Hooker on a fight event card five rounder. Not three, but five. Three might be hard for Tony, but Dan Hooker for five rounds. This or nothing.

My man Tony is in the early stages of a slow and painful BJ Penn-style downfall.

Tony gonna be talking about champ shit only after his 7th straight loss

Its gonna be up to dana to step in and pull the plug cause tony will damn sure keep going until his slurring and drooling and hear voices in his wall

Tony's pissed he's no longer matched up with guys that fold mentally when put under pressure

Tony vs Hooker makes a lot of sense given their rankings and current losing streaks. However I don't see current Tony doing anything to Hooker except get beat up.
This. Tony doesn't seem capable of what it took to brat hooker in either of hooker's two recent losses.

You sure? What makes Dariush so much tougher than Hooker?

Dariush is better than Hooker. Hooker will strike with Tony. He will let Tony be Tony. And Hooker isn't bad, he's pretty good. But I think he's the only winnable fight for Tony that's highest ranked.

Tony must fight Hooker. That's a winnable fight for Tony. If I'm Tony, it's Dan Hooker on a fight event card five rounder. Not three, but five. Three might be hard for Tony, but Dan Hooker for five rounds. This or nothing.
Hooker would kill Tony now

Just because he's not championship material anymore doesn't mean he should retire. There are a few interesting matchups available for Tony. Give him a borderline top-10 or top-15 next. Hooker (both coming off losses), Gillespie (would love to see this one. Let's see if Gregor sinks or swims), Ferreira (looked pretty good against Gregor - pretty much the same situation). Tony can also fight the Islam-Moises winner. Everyone always accuses fighters of ducking Islam. I can't see Tony ducking if Islam is victorious.

Tony needs to join the School of Self Awareness.

diego.jpg

Like I said, Tony vs. Nate or Tony vs. Conor are both interesting money fights. The fans get theirs, the promotion gets theirs, and the fighters get theirs. So, it'll never happen. Just makes too much sense.

Yes I realize both Nate and Conor have upcoming fights. But Tony's gonna need a rest after that beating anyway. Book it for late 2022.

Tony annointed Charles the new champ, hope he takes time off and finds a way to win his next one.

Back