Tony Ferguson refusing to tap is stupidity not toughness

I tap like a bitch when I know I'm fucked! :)

I also DON'T make a hundred thousand + in one day based on 25 minutes of work (after more training than 99% of humans actually do) and have a job that requires usage of all my limbs lol. I can see why a fighter won't tap because as long as they think they have a chance, they will lay it all out. I mean we've seen it before where someone injured gets the W and large bonus. Franklin KO'd Chuck with an arm he knew was broken, so it's never impossible.

If they mentally can get through the pain, and think they have a path to victory, it makes sense. To average 40/week folk, fuck that -- I can't be out of work for months on end. It's literally toughness + stupidity + money + adrenaline + belief + training for that one moment where you have no time to question yourself. Meanwhile, I'm on my 1/2 hour break wondering if my girl will gimme some head after work. Not exactly having to make pressure decisions in the moment.
A broken arm takes 6 weeks to heal and is completely fine afterwards. Bones fuse together quickly.

Ligaments do not. You need invasive surgery to reattach them and even then, your joint may never be the same again. Ligaments have no blood supply and take many months to heal.

I rekon Tony's decline is attributed to injuries. He had a complete LCL repair tripping over a cord. He had a bad arm hypertension with Olive. Now his ankle is probably torn to bits.

Tony is too tough for his own good. That heel hook was likely the nail in the coffin for his career.

A broken arm takes 6 weeks to heal and is completely fine afterwards. Bones fuse together quickly.

Ligaments do not. You need invasive surgery to reattach them and even then, your joint may never be the same again. Ligaments have no blood supply and take many months to heal.

I rekon Tony's decline is attributed to injuries. He had a complete LCL repair tripping over a cord. He had a bad arm hypertension with Olive. Now his ankle is probably torn to bits.

Tony is too tough for his own good. That heel hook was likely the nail in the coffin for his career.

I have that damn 7-3 or 9-5 work. I hate being hurt. I have gone through a shredded knee, gout, fractured ribs, torn MCL, some ass hat rear ending me. I'd tap, and I already said I would ; but if he honestly put his heart into it, then I get why he wouldn't.

Nothing tough about getting your joints snapped on live television. I will never understand the fighters that prefer to have career altering injuries instead of tapping to a submission. It’s short sighted and stupid. You’re a professional fighter, we know you’re tough. Getting your ligaments stretched and ripped out doesn’t make you any tougher and doesn’t make you lose less. It just gets you injured and reduces your chances of being successful in this sport.
I’m a huge Ferguson fan, but Khabib said it best, he’s a stupid guy.

Ego, it applies to more than just fighting. A lot of people don’t know when to tap.

Try telling that to Don Frye.

upload_2021-5-18_1-29-39.jpeg

Tony didn't give up, he could have turned the tide of battle and won but came up short. You are NOT cut from that cloth, that's why you don't understand it.
ancient-warriors.jpg

Jon-Jones-UFC-152ArmRaised_crop_exact.jpg

well we also are not his body, so maybe he was able to flex and stretch it out or put himself in a technique to prevent the sub and there wasn't a pop, but if it was locked in and a legit sub then yes I agree its a dumb move, just will delay time to improve and set you back

Back