Tony Ferguson: "Khabib is in for a rude awakening"

Nothing...? But Khabib has also beaten the current champion...which was also not an accident :icon_lol:

Ring rust doesn't effect everyone, but I agree it definitely can. Depends on the person. Look at how GSP, Dominick Cruz & Chael Sonnen did against there opponents after long layoffs, more than fine.

Listen man, I'm not saying he can't be good. I'm just saying as of right now, he's done nothing special but beat dos Anjos. I believe RDA would give him a different fight if they met again with a different strategy and with more knowledge about Khabib since he was less known in 2014. (Fighting style and strategically speaking).

Yes ring rust doesn't affect everyone, but to guys like Cain, Rashad, and Overeem it does. It could possibly play a role in Khabib's return.

Listen man, I'm not saying he can't be good. I'm just saying as of right now, he's done nothing special but beat dos Anjos. I believe RDA would give him a different fight if they met again with a different strategy and with more knowledge about Khabib since he was less known in 2014. (Fighting style and strategically speaking).

Yes ring rust doesn't affect everyone, but to guys like Cain, Rashad, and Overeem it does. It could possibly play a role in Khabib's return.

I just feel like that's a pretty good indicator of how good he is...as most would agree... RDA has won nine of his last ten fights & he's the champion now. That's no joke.

It definitely could, but time will tell. People blame Cain & Reem's losses after their layoffs more on other things than the rust though. Cain's being the fight at elevation & Reem being off whatever he was on... Not the time. So there's nothing wrong with believing Khabib will come back the same or better rather than him coming back worse.

Ferguson steamrolls the punk khabib

Lol at this post with the username.

He might be able to pull it off due to the injury. I do think a rust-free Khabib would probably make things awful for him though.

i hate this match up
i would ve had both these guys get title shots,
khabibi should ve fought diaz and ferg should ve fought a retuning pettis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back