Tony Ferguson: "Khabib is in for a rude awakening"

I think you are in for a rude awakening. Ferguson is actually a great wrestler and the fight where Khabib set the takedown record, well lets just say he left some openings for some moves that you only see in folkstyle American wrestling. Namely the Granby.

Khabib is gonna get hit for the 5 point move if he takes Tony down. I'd bet my life on that. Tony has already hit a granby a few times in the UFC and he's literally the only guy I have seen hit it in MMA outside of myself or my brothers. Guarantee, he gets Khabib putting any high shoulder pressure on him, Khabib goes flying. He might even hit it from standing.

Which fights?? I wanna check it out

Ferguson can win this fight by KO or TKO early. But there is no fucking way he wins by any other way unless Khabib is extremely diminished from his injuries. Khabib by UD.

Tony ferguson will take this fight.
The guy is criminally underrated. I competed against him in Bjj and seen many of his early fights and I have no doubt he can take this. His wrestling is underrated he will prove a major point in this fight.

Which fights?? I wanna check it out

One of them was the TUF finale, right before he starched the dude. Forget his name. The other, I would have to go back and watch his fights. It's the only other fight he was taken down in.

To see if Khabib is open for it, check out his fight with Abel Trujillo. He set a record for takedowns in a UFC fight. But while that was impressive, he was riding high many times and opens himself up to the granby. Whenever the man on top gives high shoulder pressure, you need to post up and roll across the shoulder that the guy is giving the pressure on. The result, if you catch his leg, is a pin or nearfall points. In MMA you don't wanna really catch the leg and end up there because the guy can take your back again. If you don't catch the leg, the guy either goes flying, you end up on his back and reverse the position, or he rolls with you and you are no worse than you were before.

The thing is, you wouldn't ever see that in Russia, because freestyle and greco the guy rolling across his shoulders would lose points for putting your back in danger. In MMA that means nothing.

The Eagle will use his talons this fight.

very much dislike this guy. He needs to eat some humble pie to bring him down to earth. I feel like his attitude is fabricated and forced. I understand fighters have to be somewhat delusional and extremely confident, but he's like a caricature of a delusional boxer.

As a Khabib fan, I don't like this fight at all.

I would have preferred Pettis.

I would not be surprised if Tony whipped that ass...I'm leaning towards expecting it.

Sure he got outwrestled by Castillo and could have lost that...but that was a while ago...Khabib coming of his injury...Tony's footwork is so good...long as fuck...Khabib is fucked if Tony can fend off most of his takedowns...which won't be easy.

I have a hard time seeing Khabib not dominating Ferguson on the ground. Bet it's going to be a good fight though, Cucuy is on a roll.

I think you are in for a rude awakening. Ferguson is actually a great wrestler and the fight where Khabib set the takedown record, well lets just say he left some openings for some moves that you only see in folkstyle American wrestling. Namely the Granby.

Khabib is gonna get hit for the 5 point move if he takes Tony down. I'd bet my life on that. Tony has already hit a granby a few times in the UFC and he's literally the only guy I have seen hit it in MMA outside of myself or my brothers. Guarantee, he gets Khabib putting any high shoulder pressure on him, Khabib goes flying. He might even hit it from standing.

Lesner hit a standing Gramby in one of his finals. Pretty impressive seeing a big guy like that hit it. I'd go with a 2 point, I don't think he'll get the takedown. I'll actually be surprised if Khabib doesn't roll with it for 0, but we'll see.
You go to VA Beach?

Going to be a good fight not sure who wins, I can see either fighter winning this one.

It's an amazing fight and I love watching Tony but a fit Khabib wins a UD.

I hope Ferguson finishes Khabib, I am so tired of Khabib's trash-talking. Khabib is definitely very skilled but is not exciting to watch at all.

Hoping Ferguson sends Khabib boring ass right back to the Caucasus.

Never been a fan of Ferguson, but then again I also never really liked Khabib either

Khabib is because he acts like he is the hands down best fighter in the division but has yet to prove it

I can never really respect Ferguson after the where's your kid at thing but the guy can fight

I think Ferguson's flashy and risk taking style will make a very entertaining fight, with high chances of him getting slammed, suplexed, judo throwed...

Khabib will have been gone for 1.5 years and with two knee injuries. I really hope he hasn't regressed becuse of it.

Never been a fan of Ferguson, but then again I also never really liked Khabib either

Khabib is because he acts like he is the hands down best fighter in the division but has yet to prove it

I can never really respect Ferguson after the where's your kid at thing but the guy can fight

How DARE you. Khabib has one top ten win. That's amazing, and really, he should be fighting for the title based upon that one win, as well as his three straight decision zzz wins.

Khabib's fans act like he's some world beater. Other than beating RDA, his resume is ... less than impressive. Kudos to him for having all of one top ten win and rising up the ranks. Clearly, he's followed the Gus approach. Have one top ten win, have some gullible fans, and you'll get an undeserved title shot. Or two...

Ferguson behaved poorly on TUF, tough to be a fan of his. I believe he lost the Castillo fight, & Khabib is much better grappler than Castillo. I don't see this fight ending well for Ferguson

Back