Media Tony Ferguson is still in pursuit of a fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Wish they would. We were robbed of this fight. It wasn't meant to be, sadly

If you watch the full portion of the interview where he talks about Khabib, it seems light-hearted. He said something like they'll compete at some point if not in the octagon then in chess, checkers or a video game.

Khabib responded light hearted too

Screenshot_20210415-230716_YouTube.jpg

Ship has well sailed with this one I'm afraid. I think Tony is on a career downturn now due to age and damage sustained in previous bouts.

Well at least it's only Khabib and not a mythical Dragon or something.

I think people tend to forget that it was only two years ago that Tony had a full fledged psychotic episode and in the time since has absorbed no less than 169 significant strikes to the head in the Octagon.

Tony and the UFC to a larger extent should be working on his personal well-being, not scheduling his path back to the belt, if not for Tony, at least for the safety of his family, because when you read the account, it gives off Chris Benoit vibes.

https://www.attacktheback.com/a-detailed-timeline-on-tony-fergusons-mental-health/

This is a topic that needs to be explored significantly more in sports in general; but especially in combat sports.

Dude come on. Even if Khabib were to come out of retirement it wouldn't be to fight Tony unless he somehow got the belt, which unfortunately is no longer in the cards

Also, using his dad to try and goad him back is low key scumbag shit

Khabib must be close to 225lbs right now and already retired as the LW GOAT.

Maybe they can play chess or some board game.

easy road to khabib:

fight islam makhachev, embarrass him, tap him out in round one... call out khabib who will likely be cage side.

of course tony knows islam would wreck him

I think I will speak for almost everyone when I say that this fight was one of the most anticipated fights in the UFC history. Couple of times.
And then Tony got finished and then dominated on the ground. Any aura he might have had was gone and the "insane winning streak vs insane winning streak" appeal was gone.
Reality check came in for the part of our brain that was hoping for a competitive fight between Tony and Khabib.
It was clear then that Khabib would absolutely maul Tony and then probably either TKO'ed him or submitted him, as he pleased.
To top that off, Tony seemed like he was completely delusional after being dominated. Everyone knew Tony is nuts a bit and everybody loved it, but when he kept winning.
But to not acknowledge that he got bested put a lot of people away.
Talking shit about Khabib now looks just silly now and as a bad joke.

They were scheduled to fight like 5 times I think and Tony would have been tough for khabib years ago. He’s durable has no quit in him and can fight hard for 25 mins.

I think Gaethje rattled his brain a bit much, and the little avtivity left was gone after Oliveira beat him up.

He means he is traveling to Russia or something? i mean...he is 0-2 recently, he isnt anywhere near fighting Khabib, after a bunch of times of signing the fight he is probably the least near to actually get it in his whole career, that not even counting Khabib is you know, retired, get the belt first (another thing he isnt near getting) and then Khabib might give him the time of day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back