Media Tony Ferguson is still in pursuit of a fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov.

It baffles me that none of these guys want to fight Islam Makhachev

Imagine tapping out Islam and then getting on the mic to trash khabib.... that would be a sure fire way to get khabibs attention.
Islam already fought this year. That means he won't fight again until 2023 at the earliest.

I think I will speak for almost everyone when I say that this fight was one of the most anticipated fights in the UFC history. Couple of times.
And then Tony got finished and then dominated on the ground. Any aura he might have had was gone and the "insane winning streak vs insane winning streak" appeal was gone.
Reality check came in for the part of our brain that was hoping for a competitive fight between Tony and Khabib.
It was clear then that Khabib would absolutely maul Tony and then probably either TKO'ed him or submitted him, as he pleased.
To top that off, Tony seemed like he was completely delusional after being dominated. Everyone knew Tony is nuts a bit and everybody loved it, but when he kept winning.
But to not acknowledge that he got bested put a lot of people away.
Talking shit about Khabib now looks just silly now and as a bad joke.
/Thread

I think I will speak for almost everyone when I say that this fight was one of the most anticipated fights in the UFC history. Couple of times.
And then Tony got finished and then dominated on the ground. Any aura he might have had was gone and the "insane winning streak vs insane winning streak" appeal was gone.
Reality check came in for the part of our brain that was hoping for a competitive fight between Tony and Khabib.
It was clear then that Khabib would absolutely maul Tony and then probably either TKO'ed him or submitted him, as he pleased.
To top that off, Tony seemed like he was completely delusional after being dominated. Everyone knew Tony is nuts a bit and everybody loved it, but when he kept winning.
But to not acknowledge that he got bested put a lot of people away.
Talking shit about Khabib now looks just silly now and as a bad joke.

I Disagree here.

We all knew that he was nuts then. That means that anyone who was a real Tony fan shouldn't be surprised or put off by his strange rhetoric.

I for one was never a Tony fan. I didn't like the way that he had to take a beating from inferior opponents and wait for them to tire out and/or make a sloppy mistake and crowd him too much when he's great in the scramble.

That said, I'll always watch him fight and respect the F--- out of his determination.

They should fight in submission grappling, same goes for Khabib vs GSP.

Why not? We will something very close to what a fight would look like without giving the dudes brain damage.
I dunno one of Khabib's greatest strengths is his ability to land shots on you while still being able to keep you down. That goes out the window in submission grappling.

Well at least it's only Khabib and not a mythical Dragon or something.

I think people tend to forget that it was only two years ago that Tony had a full fledged psychotic episode and in the time since has absorbed no less than 169 significant strikes to the head in the Octagon.

Tony and the UFC to a larger extent should be working on his personal well-being, not scheduling his path back to the belt, if not for Tony, at least for the safety of his family, because when you read the account, it gives off Chris Benoit vibes.

https://www.attacktheback.com/a-detailed-timeline-on-tony-fergusons-mental-health/

Microchip leg mentions dead father to provoke retired fighter.

Classy as always

khabibhuh.gif

mjokay.gif

Tony isn't gonna let a thing like retirement or two hard losses stop him from chasing this fight. You know who we are dealing with here,right?

It baffles me that none of these guys want to fight Islam Makhachev

Imagine tapping out Islam and then getting on the mic to trash khabib.... that would be a sure fire way to get khabibs attention.

Because fighting Islam has no upside. It’s like fighting Khabib but without any championship or history making potential.

The reason everyone wants a crack at Khabib is because of his aura and star power. If you win, you’ve dethroned an invincible, undefeated champion and UFC GOAT. Losing is no big deal since everyone loses to Khabib anyway. Win-win situation.

Tony isn't gonna let a thing like retirement or two hard losses stop him from chasing this fight. You know who we are dealing with here,right?

The same guy who kick steel poles to make his legs tougher <36>

Because fighting Islam has no upside. It’s like fighting Khabib but without any championship or history making potential.

The reason everyone wants a crack at Khabib is because of his aura and star power. If you win, you’ve dethroned an invincible, undefeated champion and UFC GOAT. Losing is no big deal since everyone loses to Khabib anyway. Win-win situation.

Maybe beating some of Khabib's protege could make him come back.

I had a hard time letting this fight go , I can only imagine how hard it is for Tony but sadly that ship has sailed
I hope he fights Islam Makhachev , it’s as close as we’re going to get

Back