Media Tony Ferguson is not doing himself any favors practicing this drill ...

Do you guys even lift? That's a neck bridge with some variations, that's a common exercise among wrestlers.

It has a potential to fuck up your neck but oh well it does strenghten the neck, unlike kicking metal that's useful stuff.

Do you guys even lift? That's a neck bridge with some variations, that's a common exercise among wrestlers.

It has a potential to fuck up your neck but oh well it does strenghten the neck, unlike kicking metal that's useful stuff.
Sorry but that's not even close to a normal neck bridge. It's a Tony Bridge, with all the decreased effectiveness and immensely increased risk. Fun to watch though.

T ferg my favorite UFC fighter ever hope he beats khabib...
giphy.gif

...and retires
giphy.gif

Tony Ferguson is the type of guy that does himself a favor and expects a favor in return

Medical science does, maybe you should read up on the effects that drill has on vertebrae?

We are posting on an MMA forum. What does science and the medical community believe in terms of the health positives/negatives when it comes to a career comprised of giving and receiving trauma to all parts of your body, including your head?

Fighters throw punches with the SPECIFIC INTENT to deliver a concussion to another person. That isn't just part of this sport, it's the MOST GLORIFIED PART.

I think we can concede that when these people decide to make this their life for a period of time, long term health is not the primary concern.

Quite frankly, I'm even dumber than UFC fighters when it comes to that. I trained and put my body through hell so that I could fight in front of 400 people for $200. At 32 years old. I won, and thankfully I shredded my knee about 4 months later and never fought again. I was never going anywhere. It wasn't going to be a career for me, I was never gonna earn a living doing it. I knew there were medical risks and did it anyway.

Whatever crazy stuff Tony does in training, he's at least gotten himself to a point where he's going to make substantial $ for putting his body and brain through this. Questioning the methods used to get to this point seems...pointless.

Not that hes constantly hurt from his unusual training methods he does, but it's still not great for him. It is risky regardless if hes tough or not. Odds eventually catch up and it's never a good result. He heals fast as we know, but why risk it before a title fight? Hes a crazy dude, and has been coming up with his own parkour workout routine for years. It's his choice in the end. Its proven to have been a very successful system for him with 12 in a row. It's fun to watch him anyway, listening to him is cccringy at timee.

Sorry but that's not even close to a normal neck bridge. It's a Tony Bridge, with all the decreased effectiveness and immensely increased risk. Fun to watch though.
It's not that different, you can find a bunch of grapplers doing this shit

Damn, never thought I'd see something embarrassing and impressive all at once

Back