Tony Ferguson is going to get screwed

The writing on the wall is clear. The top contenders at 155 are Conor, Dustin, Tony, Justin, and Chandler. Tony will be the odd man out.

Conor will fight Dustin for the belt

Conor already has a win over Dustin and agreed to fight him again in January. Dustin will not pass up on that opportunity and fight Tony instead because the Conor fight will attract more fans, and he wants to avenge the loss. Dustin already has a win over Justin, so it will be easy to justify making this fight for the belt.

Chandler will fight Justin

Justin beat Tony recently and is ready to fight so he will not be the odd man out. They will not do the Tony rematch because we just saw that fight. Chandler is new and a hot commodity so they will want him to fight soon. They also will not let Chandler fight for the title because they do not want a Bellator guy to get the belt right away.

I feel bad for Tony.

how the hell is chandler a top contender?? he most certainly is not...his last fight, he barely, and i'm talking barely beat a ufc wash out, benson henderson...and 2 fights before that, he was ko'd stiff...the guy is a mid tier fighter...he should be fighting top 15 guys...certainly not top 5.

You're missing the fact that Conor is not actually going to sign to fight Dustin at 155, so Tony will slot in just fine.

I think he will now...he's not stupid...he knows the LW title is up in the air and he has a good shot of winning it...

how the hell is chandler a top contender?? he most certainly is not...his last fight, he barely, and i'm talking barely beat a ufc wash out, benson henderson...and 2 fights before that, he was ko'd stiff...the guy is a mid tier fighter...he should be fighting top 15 guys...certainly not top 5.

I am not saying is he in terms of accomplishments as a fighter. The fact that he was the backup fighter makes me think that the UFC will give him the push though. They will not book Tony vs. Justin again. If the only logical way out of that match with Conor and Dustin lined up is throwing Chandler in the mix. I bet that Justin gets priority over Tony.

Said it before but if Chandler gets priority over Ferguson people need to shit on Dana (more then ever).

PR machine gonna see this as an opportunity to fuck Fergy though.

agreed...chandler is a mediocre, mid tier fighter...nothing more...he had a very very close fight with benson split decision henderson....a guy that couldn't hack in the ufc. if you struggle badly against henderson, you have no business fighting top guys in the ufc.

The one getting truly screwed is Do Bronx, dude is on a 7 fight-7 finish streak and he isn't even getting mentioned.

Once Tony and the UFC come to terms money wise he will probably get a top 5 or Chandler.

I highly doubt conor takes the Poirier fight. he has no reason to fight at 155 since he will always live in khabib's shadow and already has plenty of money. that's why conor is pushing for the fight to be at 170.

Conor still has the option of fighting masvidal or finishing the trilogy with nate.

I think we'll see Poirier vs Tony for the belt... hopefully

the world title is still the world title...champs retire all the time...and a new one is always crowned...conor will just say he fought khabib injured, after being out for 2 years...and many will side with him on that.

Where is this wall, and where is this clear writing?
IMG_3451.jpg

About a mile over your head.

The writing on the wall is clear. The top contenders at 155 are Conor, Dustin, Tony, Justin, and Chandler. Tony will be the odd man out.

Conor already has a win over Dustin and agreed to fight him again in January. Dustin will not pass up on that opportunity and fight Tony instead because the Conor fight will attract more fans, and he wants to avenge the loss. Dustin already has a win over Justin, so it will be easy to justify making this fight for the belt.

Justin beat Tony recently and is ready to fight so he will not be the odd man out. They will not do the Tony rematch because we just saw that fight. Chandler is new and a hot commodity so they will want him to fight soon. They also will not let Chandler fight for the title because they do not want a Bellator guy to get the belt right away.

I feel bad for Tony.

Bruh...your missing people on your list..mainly this guy

ALL LW PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED THROUGH NATE DIAZ!!

Give the Conman or Trex arms Chandler to Nate and Tony can face the winner

Ducked max and dustin stepped up

Got his ass kicked by justin

He doesn't deserve next shot

I think he will now...he's not stupid...he knows the LW title is up in the air and he has a good shot of winning it...
With Khabib gone, I don't think he's gonna fight at LW anymore. He already had the belts, and winning Khabib's vacated belt seems pointless.
I'm guessing he takes fun fights, Nate, maybe Masvidal, tries to box Pacqiao. He had the real belt, being a paper champ at 155 does nothing for him. It's clear he has no interest in defenses or an actual reign as champ. Unlike almost every other fighter in the UFC, he doesn't need a belt to make huge money.

Just my feeling. I never thought he was going to actually sign for the Dustin fight. Now, it's even less likely to me.

I agree. It makes most sense to have Tony Fight fight Dustin and Justin fight Conor. Winners fight each other. Fuck Chandler. He doesn't have any fights in the UFC.

When you lose to punch drunk short notice Gaethje you deserve it, how can you be the only elite fighter that he beats. Embarrassing from Ferguson. #stillmyboy
A week ago Justin was heralded as the man to beat Khabib. Now he is punch drunk... Justin is still one of the top fighters in the division. It would be a good fight between him and Conor and him and Justin. Sadly I think Tony’s best days are behind him and not just because of his last fight.

You do know that he knocked Benson out in the first round, right?

Ducked max and dustin stepped up

Got his ass kicked by justin

He doesn't deserve next shot

I think they should throw him a bone for fighting Justin when he did. Tony could have easily said no because of COVID and held out for the Khabib fight. He gave the UFC the first major sporting event in the COVID era when others refused to fight

You do know that he knocked Benson out in the first round, right?

you're right...I must have watched an older fight....but he did just ko henderson. they fought awhile back to a split decision.

Why, is ESPN leaving loose cables underneath chairs at press conferences again?

I feel bad for Tony.

tony should of beat justin than or not turned down the chandler fight.

sldo conor still not signed to fight dustin so it can stillbe tony vs dustin.

Said it before but if Chandler gets priority over Ferguson people need to shit on Dana (more then ever).

PR machine gonna see this as an opportunity to fuck Fergy though.

how is it dana fault tony turned down chandler and chandler is still a top 5 lwin the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back