Tony Ferguson hints at fighting Conor Mcgregor. What happened with holloway?

Makes the most sense for everyone involved.

He can do whatever at that point, I'll still be laughing.
It's going to be way funnier when Tony subs Conor and Khabib opts to try and fight someone that isn't Tony because he knows his ass will get wrecked.

Everybody wants that " Red Panty" fight....

The sad thing is that Connor is looking really beatable....Cerrone, Holloway, Ferguson...These fighters could present serious danger for Notorius.....I will go so far to say that he will be the underdog on all these possible fights....
northing better than getting a red panty night against a really beatable guy, lower risk high reward :)

It's going to be way funnier when Tony subs Conor and Khabib opts to try and fight someone that isn't Tony because he knows his ass will get wrecked.
Funnier? Nah.
More probable? Absolutely.

it would be way more money to him than a holloway fight

Hell yeah!!! Tony has earned the money fight

And.you know it won't be boring, Intern champ?
If he really got the red panty night, then I'm glad for him, but he's running a big risk fighting Conor, since losing to Conor would probably make his nr.1 contender spot forfeit. Ferguson is predisposed to getting hit a lot, he ate around 85 significant HEAD strikes against RDA. If Conor taps him accurately on the chin in the first round, it might be lights out for him and bye-bye goes the title shot when Khabib comes back.

Why is an interim title fight "the fight to make" they there is a perfectly healthy champ who is able to fight in April or July?
Because Dana is not a dumbfuck like you and is not going to strip an undisputed (no interim belt holder as of now), lineal champ for sitting out 3 extra months on top of his suspension.

I guess if Khabib is really going to sit out for a year, this is the fight to make. I'd rather see Tony vs Khabib, but can't really complain about this if it happens. Nobody can say Conor took an easy path to his rematch if he wins.
As much as I dislike Conor, but if he manages to starch Ferguson who is the nr.1 contender, then who can refuse him a title shot?

I think we should all temper our excitement for new bouts until the fighters are actually in the ring.

tony is just doing his part to try to secure the money fight. conor will end up fighting cowboy international fight week

If he really got the red panty night, then I'm glad for him, but he's running a big risk fighting Conor, since losing to Conor would probably make his nr.1 contender spot forfeit. Ferguson is predisposed to getting hit a lot, he ate around 85 significant HEAD strikes against RDA. If Conor taps him accurately on the chin in the first round, it might be lights out for him and bye-bye goes the title shot when Khabib comes back.
I am sure that's how the UFC brass and Conor feel

Probably the most winnable fight besides piorer for Conor in the top 10

Unless Tony goes for an ankle pick lol

I will be very surprised if Conor takes that fight. Tony is a better fighter in every single way.

Conor vs. Tony is by far the greatest matchup in lightweight history.
It's pretty one sided either way, First 5-7 minutes Conor will have the edge, after 2nd round Tony will take over and it will be a total annihilation. It only comes down whether Conor can capitalize in the first couple of minutes

I really miss the days when fighters didn't BS about fights that will never happen
Thats one of the reasons I'd be happy if Twitter disappeared forever, its a disease. If fighters actually fought more instead of twitter fights, then the sport would be a lot better as it used to be 2003-2010

At 35 if he gets a 7 figure payday I'd have to imagine any risk of losing his spot is likely worth it to him. His window to get his family set up financially is rapidly closing.

Granted he probably thinks he beats Conor anyway but from a risk/reward standpoint he likely thinks it's well worth it. I think if he was 27 he'd be far less likely to accept any fight other than Khabib but at his age he just can't risk playing chicken with Dana.

This is all conjecture by me of course. He may think totally differently but man when you have a family to support the perspective is so different than when you don't.

Conor wouldn't take that fight, he is terrified of Tony, and I don't blame him, Tony is a psychopath and so intense. Conor gasses doing his shoe laces, so you can only imagine what would happen with Tony, it would be a slaughter, Conor would gas badly and quickly. His sick frail 9 year old girls lungs would be on fire in no time.

Back