Tony Ferguson expresses frustrations about not getting title-shot during 12 fight win streak.

Blah blah, you don't know what journeyman are. Dana been skullfooking your brain with wwe style that 'it's real to me, dammit'.
pettis, cowboy and lee got ran out of lw and ran out of ww. what do you call that big boy?

To quote the great 2EZ of the forums of sherdog on the internet of earth,
"A former champ and two former title challengers: journeyman."

You do understand that making statements like that kill all your credibility, right?
It is factually untrue by definition of the word YOU chose.

Journeyman (boxing) - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Journeyman_(boxing)

In boxing, kickboxing and mixed martial arts, a journeyman is a fighter who has adequate skill but is not of the caliber of a contender or gatekeeper.​

So you were using "hyperbole" if we are being kind, but even then you just listed 3 fights that would have gotten almost anyone a title shot so it just serves to further drive home the counterpoint.
The only "padding" on Tony's win streak was the Vannata fight who was a late replacement when Chisea pulled out.
PADDED WITH JOURNEYMAN sums up tony entire career, see my response above for further clarification. pettis, cowboy and lee cant cut it in either division thats why they keep bouncing back and fourth so they dont get cut. they are not even fit to be gatekeepers in my books. tony is the gatekeeper of the top 5, i'll give him that

Last edited:
Sigh, clearly you still havent read.

Noone in this thread said Pettis and Cowboy were in their primes when they fought Tony.

I dont even know what point you're making here?
It was said that they were journeymen. When Tony fought them they lost 70 percent of their last 10. Journeymen was a compliment.

tony is trash and will never be the champion and that one fact is hurting your soul to the core. I was not even comparing tony to khabib because i dont consider them remotely equal, tony is not even fit to tie khabib shoes.
I disagree , Tony is fit to tie Khabib’s shoes .

Even if he got the title, he still would lost it to Gaethe. What´s the point?

He did get a title shot. Put it on the line against Gaethje and proceeded to get annihilated by the same man Khabib just dismantled.

tony is trash and will never be the champion and that one fact is hurting your soul to the core. I was not even comparing tony to khabib because i dont consider them remotely equal, tony is not even fit to tie khabib shoes.

Anyone who puts Tony within 3 tiers of Khabib doesn't understand MMA. Their opinion is next to worthless.

Tony is a good fighter with alot of heart but in reality his 12 fight win streak was padded to the maximum. Never fought a top 3 ranked guy other than an RDA coming off a KO loss and never fought anyone with decent boxing until he got exposed by Justin on short notice.

While Khabib was the undisputed defending champ before he retired.

Tony's biggest credential was winning the interim title...against Kevin Lee.

ok. Apply that to who khabib beat on his way to the title and who khabib won the title from.

who had the better path to their title.

Surprised at all the Tony hate on here. You lose one fight and all of a sudden you're a bum that was always overrated. Anybody could have won those 13 fights in a row.

he is over rated with a padded record. With names like kevin lee, cowboy and pettis all of whom are journeyman and everyone acting like they wee killers

They were all doing quite well prior to and after Ferguson fighting them. All three were coming of good performances prior and 2 of 3 went on to have stand out performances after their fights. Cowboy is arguably the worst win of those 3.

Tony would kick my ass... He can say what he wants.

He did get a title shot. Put it on the line against Gaethje and proceeded to get annihilated by the same man Khabib just dismantled.

Nah, I am sure the UFC forced that. I think if Tony just had to wait he would have waited.

Nah, I am sure the UFC forced that. I think if Tony just had to wait he would have waited.

Tony is giving out interviews right now taking credit for "stepping in to do this for the world. At a time when nobody else wanted to fight."
If he were forced, then he wouldn't be taking credit for deciding to fight when he didn't have to.

Tony is giving out interviews right now taking credit for "stepping in to do this for the world. At a time when nobody else wanted to fight."
If he were forced, then he wouldn't be taking credit for deciding to fight when he didn't have to.

lol come on. Of course it was sold that way. They paid him and he needed it.

The UFC could have been like "you don't have to take this and we will still plan to give you a title fight but if Justin beats xyz impressively he may get the shot instead and we will pay you xyz more than normal so you won't be missing out on title fight money".

He may be crazy but when the UFC comes calling and you say no, you can predict what will happen.

lol come on. Of course it was sold that way. They paid him and he needed it.

The UFC could have been like "you don't have to take this and we will still plan to give you a title fight but if Justin beats xyz impressively he may get the shot instead and we will pay you xyz more than normal so you won't be missing out on title fight money".

He may be crazy but when the UFC comes calling and you say no, you can predict what will happen.

Of course. He would have gotten paid handsomely but the argument here is whether he was forced to fight. I think that Dana White would have been slighted but Tony Ferguson already had the interim championship at the time.

I don't see any way Dana White would have been able to publically strip that number 1 contendership from Ferguson and given it to Gaethje. Then again, it's Dana and this is the UFC. So I don't think it's completely out of the question.

Of course. He would have gotten paid handsomely but the argument here is whether he was forced to fight. I think that Dana White would have been slighted but Tony Ferguson already had the interim championship at the time.

I don't see any way Dana White would have been able to publically strip that number 1 contendership from Ferguson and given it to Gaethje. Then again, it's Dana and this is the UFC. So I don't think it's completely out of the question.

Okay maybe coerced to the point he felt he had no choice.

I also think it is the UFC and anything can happen. All Dana has to say is Khabib isn't ready to fight for forseeable future due to covid, so defend the interim or we setup another interim fight.

Okay maybe coerced to the point he felt he had no choice.

I also think it is the UFC and anything can happen. All Dana has to say is Khabib isn't ready to fight for forseeable future due to covid, so defend the interim or we setup another interim fight.

It's definitely possible but it's still somewhat conjectural, in my opinion. Isn't it?

Back