Tony Ferguson and Diego Sanchez are two sides of the same crazy coin

But losing to good fighters just means you are a level below them. At best, we can say we don't know if Tony beats Dustin or if he'd have beaten Eddie. AT BEST. Most people believe Tony would have wrecked Eddie and more than half think he'd beat Dustin. We KNOW Justin couldn't do it.

And Tony was never offered a fight with either of those guys so how is it his fault? He's simply beaten everyone he's faced for 8+ years. Wins and losses matter more than arbitrary time-frames and getting offered certain fights.

And you keep saying current top 5 but the reality is that he has top 5 fights and unlike Justin, he WON them all. But top 5 is arbitrary too. Why is that the benchmark? Why not top 3 or top 7 or top 10?
Because to actually be number 2 you should prove you can beat 3,4 and 5. No MMA Math about how you can beat the guy who beat the guy but actually put in work. Time is important as Tony is 4 years past prime and hasn't fought anybody worthy in over 3.

Because to actually be number 2 you should prove you can beat 3,4 and 5. No MMA Math about how you can beat the guy who beat the guy but actually put in work. Time is important as Tony is 4 years past prime and hasn't fought anybody worthy in over 3.

But if every number 2 had to always beat 3, ,4, and 5 then the champ would literally never fight anyone LMAO. Rankings are arbitrary too. They manipulate them for business reasons so there's a lot of times when tougher fights aren't the higher ranked guys. In the end rankings are just a list of who certain people THINK are better. And right now those people think Tony is the #1 contender. You can disagree because you THINK he hasn't beaten certain guys that you like or think are good but that's just your view. You can certainly argue that someone other than Tony should be the top contender based on the things you've said, but I don't think I'm saying anything shocking when I say that nearly everyone who follows the sport would disagree.

lol people circlejerking tony over being 'insane' is one of the cringiest things about mma fans

tony is not a complete fucking loon like diego is, that guy actually seems mentally unstable. tony's just quirky, the only real mentally unstable thing he's ever done is the personal issues he had last year. and the way he trains i guess lol.
So his craziness affects his personal and professional life.

So his craziness affects his personal and professional life.
It did at one point, that does not mean the guy is a loon. If you listen to any of his interviews after what happened he seemed very intelligent and reasonable, not like Diego at all.

But if every number 2 had to always beat 3, ,4, and 5 then the champ would literally never fight anyone LMAO. Rankings are arbitrary too. They manipulate them for business reasons so there's a lot of times when tougher fights aren't the higher ranked guys. In the end rankings are just a list of who certain people THINK are better. And right now those people think Tony is the #1 contender. You can disagree because you THINK he hasn't beaten certain guys that you like or think are good but that's just your view. You can certainly argue that someone other than Tony should be the top contender based on the things you've said, but I don't think I'm saying anything shocking when I say that nearly everyone who follows the sport would disagree.
I think Conor, Dustin and Justin all beat Tony handily not to mention Khabib. The only recent fight Tony has had is it took him 3 rounds and a sucker punch way after the bell to do what 2 of those guys did in a round without cheating. I know Tony hasn't lost in a few years...neither has GSP but that doesn't mean either is top 2 without proving it .

I think Conor, Dustin and Justin all beat Tony handily not to mention Khabib. The only recent fight Tony has had is it took him 3 rounds and a sucker punch way after the bell to do what 2 of those guys did in a round without cheating. I know Tony hasn't lost in a few years...neither has GSP but that doesn't mean either is top 2 without proving it .

Of course it's fine that you think that but that hardly means you're right. Most people disagree, which is why they've scheduled this fight for the 5th time and why Tony is the #1 contender.

Tony landed a ton on Cowboy and busted him up badly. Probably weakened him a ton so Justin and Conor were benefitting from Tony having taken Cowboy's soul.

Of course it's fine that you think that but that hardly means you're right. Most people disagree, which is why they've scheduled this fight for the 5th time and why Tony is the #1 contender.

Tony landed a ton on Cowboy and busted him up badly. Probably weakened him a ton so Justin and Conor were benefitting from Tony having taken Cowboy's soul.
...like Khabib took RDA's soul (Tony's ONLY big win) haha. As far as your opinion or my opinion on how many of the top 5 beat up Tony I just want to see it. Tony is like Cyborg, he is unbeaten for many years and finally fights a champion in her prime and gets beats badly. Tony needs to "man up" like Cyborg finally did and fight all of the best fighters.

...like Khabib took RDA's soul (Tony's ONLY big win) haha. As far as your opinion or my opinion on how many of the top 5 beat up Tony I just want to see it. Tony is like Cyborg, he is unbeaten for many years and finally fights a champion in her prime and gets beats badly. Tony needs to "man up" like Cyborg finally did and fight all of the best fighters.

Again, he was never offered a fight with any of the guys you claim he should have fought aside from Khabib 4 times. And half of that is Khabib's fault that it hasn't happened yet.

Also...Tony actually damaged Cowboy. Khabib laid on top of RDA and did no damage. A bit different ha ha.

Tony though seems smart in his own weird way. Diego..... his mom maybe thinks he is bright.

Tony should train Deigo.

End of discussion

Again, he was never offered a fight with any of the guys you claim he should have fought aside from Khabib 4 times. And half of that is Khabib's fault that it hasn't happened yet.

Also...Tony actually damaged Cowboy. Khabib laid on top of RDA and did no damage. A bit different ha ha.
Cowboy was beaten a dozen times before Tony. You give him way too much credit. I do know that Tony was offered Max but Max has a 14 fight winning streak so Tony turned that down so he could later fight Cowboy .

Cowboy was beaten a dozen times before Tony. You give him way too much credit. I do know that Tony was offered Max but Max has a 14 fight winning streak so Tony turned that down so he could later fight Cowboy .

Max's win streak was at FW, he had a zero fight win streak at LW. Not to mention Tony was in the middle of his personal issues when they offered him the fight with Max.

And Tony was already the number one contender on everyone's list (well maybe not yours ha ha but everyone else's). They didn't need an interim title fight, that was stupid. They knew when Khabib would be back, they should have just scheduled Tony vs Khabib for Sept. Making him win a 12th fight in a row was stupid. But he ended up doing it anyway.

Have you ever wondered why EVERYONE else acknowledges Tony as the #1 contender and is excited for him to fight Khabib? Even Tony haters for the most part.

I give Tony all the credit due to someone who hasn't lost in 8 years. Yes, if you win 12 in a row and finish 9 of those guys (and half your wins are vs top 10 type guys) you deserve a hell of a lot of credit. Arguing with that is absurd.

Max's win streak was at FW, he had a zero fight win streak at LW. Not to mention Tony was in the middle of his personal issues when they offered him the fight with Max.

And Tony was already the number one contender on everyone's list (well maybe not yours ha ha but everyone else's). They didn't need an interim title fight, that was stupid. They knew when Khabib would be back, they should have just scheduled Tony vs Khabib for Sept. Making him win a 12th fight in a row was stupid. But he ended up doing it anyway.

Have you ever wondered why EVERYONE else acknowledges Tony as the #1 contender and is excited for him to fight Khabib? Even Tony haters for the most part.

I give Tony all the credit due to someone who hasn't lost in 8 years. Yes, if you win 12 in a row and finish 9 of those guys (and half your wins are vs top 10 type guys) you deserve a hell of a lot of credit. Arguing with that is absurd.
As far as Max having a 14 fight winning streak but none at LW does that mean Jon Jones similar winning streak means nothing against a HW ? Really ? Anybody dominating all top 5 's like Max did should get a automatic shot at the next champ. Khabib should absolutely get a shot at Usman , Izzy (with a couple of defenses) should get a shot at Jones. Tony wasn't even champ and should have strapped on a pair and fought Max. I am not arguing that Tony should be Khabib's next victim but a champ should beat all top 5's . At least Khabib is doing it.

As far as Max having a 14 fight winning streak but none at LW does that mean Jon Jones similar winning streak means nothing against a HW ? Really ? Anybody dominating all top 5 's like Max did should get a automatic shot at the next champ. Khabib should absolutely get a shot at Usman , Izzy (with a couple of defenses) should get a shot at Jones. Tony wasn't even champ and should have strapped on a pair and fought Max. I am not arguing that Tony should be Khabib's next victim but a champ should beat all top 5's . At least Khabib is doing it.

Sure Max's streak was great but the point is that absolutely NOBODY disagreed that Tony's resume' didn't put him next in line for a title shot. It was almost as long as Max's, against top 10 competition for the last 4-5 years, AND it was IN THE DIVISION we are talking about. Literally nobody ever, in ANY division in the history of the org, had a resume' like that and needed ANOTHER win for a shot at the undisputed title. Not one person, ever. Again, why do you think they are making this fight for the FIFTH time and it's the fight all the hardcore fans are most excited about?

Tony should have had a title shot long ago but money trumped merit. He'd have beaten Eddie and won the belt and the entire division may look different. But money matters more than who's best, and everyone knows it.

Now we will get Tony vs Khabib and if Tony wins, of course he'll be offered fights with Khabib (rematch), Conor, Gaethje. Fights (aside from Khabib) he's never been offered before. And you'll get your wish and see him carve up all the guys you think he can't beat. <Moves>

Sure Max's streak was great but the point is that absolutely NOBODY disagreed that Tony's resume' didn't put him next in line for a title shot. It was almost as long as Max's, against top 10 competition for the last 4-5 years, AND it was IN THE DIVISION we are talking about. Literally nobody ever, in ANY division in the history of the org, had a resume' like that and needed ANOTHER win for a shot at the undisputed title. Not one person, ever. Again, why do you think they are making this fight for the FIFTH time and it's the fight all the hardcore fans are most excited about?

Tony should have had a title shot long ago but money trumped merit. He'd have beaten Eddie and won the belt and the entire division may look different. But money matters more than who's best, and everyone knows it.

Now we will get Tony vs Khabib and if Tony wins, of course he'll be offered fights with Khabib (rematch), Conor, Gaethje. Fights (aside from Khabib) he's never been offered before. And you'll get your wish and see him carve up all the guys you think he can't beat. <Moves>
You are always assuming Tony beats Eddie when he had the belt or somebody else, I just want to see him do it to prove it.

Those two motherfuckers are easily the weirdest and out there MMA fighters currently in the UFC but Diego seems like he’s completely done as a top level fighter so people are starting to hope he finally hangs it up yet for Tony because of his crazy ness and out there skills people thinks he’ll give Khabib the fight of his life and we as the fans will finally have the answer to the age old question “Does Khabib bleed?”
both hispanic american

You are always assuming Tony beats Eddie when he had the belt or somebody else, I just want to see him do it to prove it.

Me too, but when they skip over him in a spot like that, how is that his fault? I don't "assume" he'd beat Eddie or anyone else any more than you "assume" Khabib will beat Tony. We watch these guys, we draw conclusions based on what we see.

Me too, but when they skip over him in a spot like that, how is that his fault? I don't "assume" he'd beat Eddie or anyone else any more than you "assume" Khabib will beat Tony. We watch these guys, we draw conclusions based on what we see.
Khabib beat 2 of the top 3 recently. Tony hasn't beat a top 5 since RDA was a LW. Huge difference, you are a smart guy so you know it as well.

Khabib beat 2 of the top 3 recently. Tony hasn't beat a top 5 since RDA was a LW. Huge difference, you are a smart guy so you know it as well.

Except Tony hasn't been OFFERED those fights. And since I'm smart I also know Conor's top 5 ranking is questionable since he's barely fought at LW.

Back