Tony doesn't have much of a chance

Khabib finally fights somone who's actually a bad matchup for him stylistically

Casuals tony has 0 chance

This is correct.

People whose opinions I respect on this are all in agreement that there is a MASSIVE x-factor going into this fight that the myopic casuals just aren't able to see.

Competing at any high level requires an insane amount of dedication and time. This much is a given.

But if you watch the last 5 Ferguson fights (and especially the last 2), there's one inescapable conclusion that any intelligent fan comes to. "By Demons Be Driven" is the motivating mindset for this guy. The pace and pressure he puts on people can only be the result of training above and beyond normal human limitations because, on some level, Tony isn't really 'all there' mentally. It's the reason why he suffers such gruesome injuries during camps.

His cardio and relentless output are both staggering. He doesn't start fast and fade in championship rounds, nor is he a slow starter who 'feels out' his opponent before hitting the gas pedal.

He has one speed. 6th gear with the tachometer redlining at 8,000 RPM. For 25 minutes.

He's becoming a master of doctor stoppage wins because none of his opponents are given even a split second to come up for air while they're being drowned in a tidal wave of assault.

This is correct.

People whose opinions I respect on this are all in agreement that there is a MASSIVE x-factor going into this fight that the myopic casuals just aren't able to see.

Competing at any high level requires an insane amount of dedication and time. This much is a given.

But if you watch the last 5 Ferguson fights (and especially the last 2), there's one inescapable conclusion that any intelligent fan comes to. "By Demons Be Driven" is the motivating mindset for this guy. The pace and pressure he puts on people can only be the result of training above and beyond normal human limitations because, on some level, Tony isn't really 'all there' mentally. It's the reason why he suffers such gruesome injuries during camps.

His cardio and relentless output are both staggering. He doesn't start fast and fade in championship rounds, nor is he a slow starter who 'feels out' his opponent before hitting the gas pedal.

He has one speed. 6th gear with the tachometer redlining at 8,000 RPM. For 25 minutes.

He's becoming a master of doctor stoppage wins because none of his opponents are given even a split second to come up for air while they're being drowned in a tidal wave of assault.
Khabib is going to take him down, smash him, and submit him in round 4.

I'm going to laugh when Tony leaves this fight with another bloodied corpse on his record that looks like it ran headfirst into Leatherface's chainsaw.

Khabib mauls people.
Tony disfigures them.

web1_DY-LF-1.jpg
Let take it down a notch. All tony "victims" look alive and well to me, nobody is disfigured. Superficial cuts that heal within a week dont mean much. You should be more worried about tony brains rattling off the canvas, he is already a fucking mad cunt

Tony he is incredibly well rounded, he has ridiculous cardio, and to me the biggest factor is that he is completely and utterly out of his fucking mind. Fucking crazy.

if he figures out a way to stop the takedowns like iaquinta, thn its boogeyman time

I seem to recall Iaquinta stopping the takedowns by keeping his guard low and blocking Khabib's punches with his face.

I mean.....it worked.....he didn't get taken down as much as most of Khabib's opponents. But it was more of an interesting failed science experiment than it was any sort of blueprint to beating Khabib.

....or anything resembling a strategy that could lead to a victory. I don't know if Tony will be following that lead.

I love this narrative of Tony got controlled by Castillo, the fight was competitive but tony clearly won and fought well out of his back, for me the big question in this fight is what will happen when khabib takes him down receives an elbow and has to fight 4 more rounds with a cardio monster who you wont be able to submit, considering that khabib never got cut and never really got frustrated(except from the tibau fight, where he clearly lost, like, clearly, and then started crying in the cage because he tought he had lost), i think khabib will get frustrated start shooting bad shots and will be tkoed, then probably act like ronda

This is correct.

Tony is the oposite of ultra instinct, instead of getting out of the way and hitting only perfect shots he takes every shot and hits back until the opponent cant take it no more,it is the DEVIL MODE

I'm just glad this fight is finally going to happen, and I hope it doesn't end via cut. I want a fuckin war. Fan of both fighters.

Cerrone would beat Khabib. Styles make fights and Cerrone doesn't get wrestlefucked and his stiking is much better than Khabib. Khabib is lucky that their fight fell through or he would have a loss already.
Hahahahahahaha whaaattt

tony only has a small chance with a sub from the bottom. he will be taken down in a way that minimizes khabib getting elbowed. tony's cardio is overrated (what happened to cardio king cobes?). wrestling is much more tiring than punching/kicking and spending time on the ground under khabib's weight will drain his supposed "elite' cardio.

good thing about Ferguson is he isn't scared of going to the ground and throws strikes from anywhere. Khabib is going to get cut up real bad from elbows.

I also want to believe in all these facts to think the fight will be competitive.

I mean, I'm obviously a Tony fan and rooting for him. But Khabib is gonna have grappling success early on most likely. It's what happens when the fight drags on that is the key.

If unmotivated Khabib can still beat the shit out of you without even trying I wonder what fired up Khabib will do, that's the intriguing factor of that fight.

I seem to recall Iaquinta stopping the takedowns by keeping his guard low and blocking Khabib's punches with his face.

I mean.....it worked.....he didn't get taken down as much as most of Khabib's opponents. But it was more of an interesting failed science experiment than it was any sort of blueprint to beating Khabib.

....or anything resembling a strategy that could lead to a victory. I don't know if Tony will be following that lead.

Sort of. But watch Khabib's chain wrestling in Rd 1 of the Iaquinta fight, then watch the sloppy TD's he tries in Rd 4. If he shoots like that on Tony because he's tired, his neck is in real jeopardy. That's Tony's bread and butter, getting that front headlock and rolling into a d'arce.

Khabib finally fights somone who's actually a bad matchup for him stylistically

Casuals tony has 0 chance
Worst matchup for Khabib would be someone like Werdum or Chuck Lidell stylistically speaking

Yes it's sort of exciting especially considering it's the 3rd try and Tony might land an elbow cut.

But let's face it Tony got controlled by Danny Castillo. Of course Tony is much better now but no way he's 10x better

Meanwhile Khabib is 10x better than Danny

Imagine thinking that Tony is the same fighter he was 6 years ago lmaooo. You are a sad individual.

Back