Tony Cecchine

flyingknee16 said:
The fat Asian guy right? It's pretty funny seeing him get choked out and stuff like that all the time, lol.

"ahh!!! okay okay okay!!!! okay oaky!!!"" *tap tap tap*

Yeah. Thats him, lol.

ahahahahah yeah I laugh at that poor fat guy a lot, Tony makes sure to illustrate his points, especially when the point is pressure points, making fat japanese guy squirm in pain.

i'm dl'ing now. can't wait to watch it, hope it is as good as you hype it up to

its really good, i have the whole set, ive caught a lot of my sparing partners with some of his more brutal holds, the thing is that most of the moves are not alowed in bjj . when i am training no gi though, i pour it on, but most of the time with the gi its kida hard for me to try thses moves simply becuase they r illegal in tournys and guys will cry .

Asel1 said:
its really good, i have the whole set, ive caught a lot of my sparing partners with some of his more brutal holds, the thing is that most of the moves are not alowed in bjj . when i am training no gi though, i pour it on, but most of the time with the gi its kida hard for me to try thses moves simply becuase they r illegal in tournys and guys will cry .

I'm getting the set as well. Which of his tactics are the more effective ones? (any that stick out in yor mind in particular)

I am looking to improve my BJJ ground control. Are these dvds good for that? And if not, are there good wrestling dvds/books out there on the subject? I hate getting ruled by guys with wrestling xp.

His approach to positional wrestling is very dominant and aggressive. He has some very good ideas about tightening up the basic positions that really increase the pressure of most hold downs.

He's all about producing the maximum amount of pain with the minimal amount of effort.

The value of the set is not so much in the overall moves (and those are great), but in the little details that he shows to tighten up moves and take the slack out of positions and submissions. One that comes to mind is his explanation of how to properly apply a Figure-4 toe hold...he calls it a "Stopper Toe Hold". There's tons of little tricks and tips that you can extract from that set.

The only drawback is that his flavor of submission really favors the strong, aggressive fighter. If you are naturally strong and aggressive, and you have a solid wrestling/jiu-jitsu background...then this set will probably take your game to the next level. If you are a small, slender, passive guy that has to rely on the guard to survive against your bigger training mates...then this set will not have as much immediate value. Understand one thing, this is a "top game" dominant set.

So do you guys have the package sets? If so, which ones did you get?

Fellas if you download it and like it, make sure to try and buy it to help the guy, it

Which set did you buy Vagabond?

Cecchine is a con-man. I saw some of his "unorthodox" moves and techniques. They aren't unorthodox and they aren't that special. Don't support him or his shit.

Frodo said:
Cecchine is a con-man. I saw some of his "unorthodox" moves and techniques. They aren't unorthodox and they aren't that special. Don't support him or his shit.

One of the best instructionals I have seen...

Aesopian said:

I've never seen Cecchine's set... but I have the Straight Blast cross-side-top video. One of the best videos on playing the top side control game ever! It really took my positional game to another level by explaining in a straightforward manner a lot of the positional control concepts and ideas that many instructors assume you can only master through experience and practice. Highly recommended.

Mutty, If you got a lot of out Cross Sides Top, then Smashing Top Game will work right into that. I've been loving the the Fundamental 5 of Top Game and Rolling Pin Kneeride. The Fun 5 are great for teaching white belts (and everyone really) how to have a strong top game, but without making them play any one particular style (heavy, light, fast, slow, transitional, secure, etc.) and use any particular grip. The fundamentals apply to all of those games and anyone's individual style, so you can teach the basic concepts and everyone finds how to apply them to their personal style.

I agree, the SBG coaches really have a talent breaking down and teaching concepts that most people take for granted or assume you just "need more experience" to be able to do.

For example, in the beginning of STG, Matt tells the guys at the seminar that he wants them to practice the moves with what he calls "slow roll". But rather than just telling them to "roll light" or "relax" and leaving them figure out what that's supposed to mean, he breaks it down into Pace, Pressure and Position. And he gives specific examples of each of these concepts, how you could vary the intensity or level of each of these, and he has them practice focusing on each of these individual points will rolling. So when he tells them to practice the moves with slow roll, it has a definitely meaning and definition, not just put out there as some vague term.

Have you heard about the Fun 5 of guard passing and escapes? And guard surfing?

Back