Tony Cecchine

VagabondMusashi

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Got the vids. Brilliant. MUST HAVE for any ground grappler, probably THE BEST instructional video there is for intermediate to advanced practitioners. Lots of great stuff, lots and lots of great stuff. I practice BJJ and this video has great insights on moves and positions I took for granted. Very good hints and details to improve your game on the mat and on the street.
Also this Tony guy addresses all aspects of what he is teaching. This is F-ing brilliant I

Have you gotten any of the crazy looking subs to work in live sparring?

The one that looks pretty wild to me is the shinlock where if you are in someone's open guard, you turn around (give up your back almost) and sit on their shin and pull up on their foot, lik eyou're trying to break their shin.

doesn't anyone else care about these wrestling videos? really cool setups/submissions on them, a nice change of pace from the bread and butter jiu jitsu most of us here do.

I have the series and I agree they are excellent! I disagree with the post talking about wild submissions. There are very few that are fancy. Most are just BRUTAL. He takes simple mokes like a keylock and takes it to the next level.

The actual instruction is top notched. He explains the mechanics and theory of why the move works, and how to maximize the effectiveness. The position tape is my favorite. You can get submissions sometime just by the position. It make it feel like the guy on top is 400 pounds. I'd definately recommend it.

Thanks Guys you Have just Sold me, I was trying to figure out what was going to be the next set of DVDs I was going to buy and you just sold me for sure. Appreciate it.

I like some of his stuff but the stuff I like is Stuff I know and have been using for a while, I am always open to new techniques but I have never pulled off anything funky in live sparring.

Go to mma.tv and ask Eddie Bravo what he thinks about Tony Cecchine...

I train under a guy that does Catch. He is awesome. He is also a purple belt in BJJ but credits a lot of his techniques to catch wrestling. Without the gi, I can't even touch him. He has some things that work for him. His defense to a guillotine is peculiar but he pulls it off any time he's caught in one. And it isn't the basic one in BJJ involving moving to sidemount on the opposite side of whichever arm has your neck.

lol isnt that the one where he beats up that poor little fat guy. on a serious note sounds very cool an if i had the money i would get it

i rolled w/a couple'a catch guys..talk about brutal; their setups and transitions seem to lack the subtleness of bjj to me; but the severity of the holds is what seperates the artforms to me, the guys are just so damn physical. Tech is good..great, but the physicality is what seperates it to me, they really maul u and break u down.

fvsocal said:

Jupp, remember that thread. But on the same thread, Josh Barnett said that his submission game comes from Catch, and that Eddie probably just didnt understand the art.

fvsocal said:

I remember that there is a story about Cecchine saying that Rogan and Eddie are gays.
So I think Eddie don't like him, but what he says about catch wrestling I don't know .

I agree I have some of these instructionals, and I learned more from them then I have from any other instrucionals. Ground Domination 1 and 2 are great for people with a BJJ backround, because it teaches things that you never see in bjj, but would maybe get from a really smart wrestling coach.

FightingFish

Ken'Oh said:
I remember that there is a story about Cecchine saying that Rogan and Eddie are gays.
So I think Eddie don't like him, but what he says about catch wrestling I don't know .

I heard all of the Brazilians at ADCC were calling Bravo something worse than gay.

Cecchine has some good stuff on his instructionals. I feel bad for Bruce (or whatever his name was) who is in so much pain throughout the whole instructional.

Bmonk said:
Cecchine has some good stuff on his instructionals. I feel bad for Bruce (or whatever his name was) who is in so much pain throughout the whole instructional.

The fat Asian guy right? It's pretty funny seeing him get choked out and stuff like that all the time, lol.

"ahh!!! okay okay okay!!!! okay oaky!!!"" *tap tap tap*

Back