Tony BJJ any better than Dustin’s?

I never considered that "bone against bone" effect, interesting point...

Also, do you think that it would help preventing the opponent from slipping out of a sub?

Not exactly slipping but more like squeezing. You squeeze yourself through with or against that hard rubber or use that pressure so you «pop» out of it, bone doesn't flex at the same superficial level neither is maneable like flesh and muscle that are adaptive under a specific pressure. Can't explain it any better..

Charles oliveira is the best bjj guy at lw
. But he is undersized, so I will agree that Tonys bjj the most effective

Aloevera has great offensive BJJ, but he was tapped a couple of times, and in general sacrifices defense in favor of all-out offense, which makes his overall BJJ not that great. Still very dangerous, but Tony would sub him (or tko him, dependes on the situation).

Id say they usually happen when one guy is looking for a way out
This. You dont just RNC an trained martial artist unless your level is like Maia-level. 90% of Rncs you see is one fighter looking for a way out because hes tired or hurt.

Tony has propably the best Bjj in the LW divison suited to MMA. That includes Davi Ramos.

On the ground, Dustin and Tony are like Microwaves and Ovens to Khabib's volcano.

I think Dustin been doing it a lot longer fundamentally but Tferg sumn else man.

Like, I know a dude who taught at Eddies back around that time and showed Tony an Imanari roll for example, and he is literally out there trying it in his very next UFC fight w/o having even refining it whatsoever. Dudes a savage and will try shit he has been taught with utter confidence.

Aloevera has great offensive BJJ, but he was tapped a couple of times, and in general sacrifices defense in favor of all-out offense, which makes his overall BJJ not that great. Still very dangerous, but Tony would sub him (or tko him, dependes on the situation).
tony is also much larger, in an aspect that relies on strength a lot.

Tony is way better off his back and in scrambles, which is what matter vs Khabib.

Dominating before getting caught in a submission, twice in a row? Cut the bullshit.

He's a kill or be killed fighter, wildly entertaining, flawed, fun to watch. He has routinely lost to the higher ranked guys he's fought throughout his entire career. If you can only tap out the guys who are lower ranked and you get blown out of the water every time you step up in competition, you don't have the best grappling in the division.
cut the bullshit? Did u notice how I didn't hint at carrying this convo with u? I try not to debate with ppl who just look up stats and can't see shit for themselves. Were talking about grappling. Oliveira lost mma fights but were not talking about mma are we? Charles has the most submission wins in the ufc funny how u didn't bring that stat up. Like I said I disagree and I believe ur out to lunch. This isn't going anywhere as u seem very uneducated and are only basing your opinion around the fact that Oliviera doesn't win every fight. If you can't see the masterpiece that's his ground game that's on u. Peace

cut the bullshit? Did u notice how I didn't hint at carrying this convo with u? I try not to debate with ppl who just look up stats and can't see shit for themselves. Were talking about grappling. Oliveira lost mma fights but were not talking about mma are we? Charles has the most submission wins in the ufc funny how u didn't bring that stat up. Like I said I disagree and I believe ur out to lunch. This isn't going anywhere as u seem very uneducated and are only basing your opinion around the fact that Oliviera doesn't win every fight. If you can't see the masterpiece that's his ground game that's on u. Peace

You're a weirdo.

Cheers mate !

Was watching an old interview and he said he started training BJJ in 2012 when he walked into 10th planet after breaking his arm in the Michael Johnson fight. I almost spit the coffee out my mouth! The way people talk about him I figured he’s been doing BJJ for 10-15 yrs! I believe Dustin has more yrs of BJJ than him, as a reference. I just keep getting more and more skeptical about Tony’s chances of getting a sub against Khabib. If Tony beats him I firmly believe it’ll have to be via clipping him on the chin with standup. I highly highly doubt he can darce or elbow khabib to death, I think those are looking increasingly unlikely.

Also, how The hell does he get a black belt in 7 yrs? You literally have to roll 6 days a week to get it that fast.
Who is Tony’s best win? RDA?

Conor put up far more of a fight on the ground against Khabib, and didn't get mounted by Eddie Alvarez either.

So is Conor a "stud" on the mat too, you low IQ mongoloid?

Conor put up a "fight" by cheating and defending. Dustin at least tried for switches, reversals, and submissions.

Conor didn't grapple with Eddie on the ground, otherwise he would have ended up on bottom also.

I know you suck at this, being you're on a new account presumably because your last shit account was banned. Don't worry, you'll be banned again shortly.

The anger in your post sounds like projection. Missing any chromosomes, mate?

No offense, but you're just wrong. And quite frankly, I really love watching Oliveira fight. He's incredibly entertaining, his sub game is definitely top tier, and it actually looks like he's improved his striking significantly too based on how he was busting up Teymur. (Yes, I do watch the fights. I've seen pretty much all of Do Bronx UFC fights, some multiple times).

Bottom line: He's a very dangerous submission fighter with very good bjj. But it's not the best in the division, and honestly it's not really all that close. He wasn't "dominating" Pettis with his grappling before being subbed. It was a back and forth grappling contest, with both guys getting sweeps, advantageous positions, etc. It was super entertaining actually. And quite frankly, Pettis is underrated on the mat so it's not some shameful thing to get bested by him there. But it shows the holes that do exist in Charles' grappling game due to how he is overaggressive. Not just in going for subs. He sometimes tries to pass recklessly and gets swept too.

Also, to clarify, my assumption was that this was a discussion about the best MMA-adapted bjj, not about who you'd bank on winning a grappling match. If you are talking about simply grappling competitions where things like durability, the ability to avoid strikes on the mat, etc. then maybe I'd look at it a bit differently?

Who is Tony’s best win? RDA?

Probably yeah. On his 12 fight win streak, he does have something like 6-7 top 10 wins and I think 3 top 5 wins? RDA was ranked 2nd so I think based on "rankings" he'd be the best win.

He's fought pretty much nothing but top 10 guys over the second half of his streak, aside from Lando who was a last minute replacement.

Was watching an old interview and he said he started training BJJ in 2012 when he walked into 10th planet after breaking his arm in the Michael Johnson fight. I almost spit the coffee out my mouth! The way people talk about him I figured he’s been doing BJJ for 10-15 yrs! I believe Dustin has more yrs of BJJ than him, as a reference. I just keep getting more and more skeptical about Tony’s chances of getting a sub against Khabib. If Tony beats him I firmly believe it’ll have to be via clipping him on the chin with standup. I highly highly doubt he can darce or elbow khabib to death, I think those are looking increasingly unlikely.

Also, how The hell does he get a black belt in 7 yrs? You literally have to roll 6 days a week to get it that fast.

He's lying. Tony gonna Tony. He had a ground game on TUF.

Back