Tonon looked great again...

i think its his genetics yeah he hasnt trained that long but today 145 155 is such a deep division you gotta be freak of nature to be at the high levels i dont think garry genetically has the right gifts again for top 5 level

What genetic gift does Brian Ortega have that Tonon doesn't?

lots heavier hands for one

and the fact hes massssive for 145

One FC has no weight cutting I'm not sure how much water weight will Tonon cut, and ortega is fat for a roider, I see more shredded dudes at local bjj tournaments (I don't live in Murica).

One FC has no weight cutting I'm not sure how much water weight will Tonon cut, and ortega is fat for a roider, I see more shredded dudes at local bjj tournaments (I don't live in Murica).

hes still massive as fuk for his size at 145 that isnt even debatable

well kron is in the UFC, I really dont think Kron is going to suprass tonon in mma, tonon seems to have way better wrestling, seems to be more athletic and to be for real, I dont really think kron is that much better grappler.

I expect the UFC will give Kron someone in his next fight or two for whom he's completely unready and he'll get KTFO. Which is bad and the wrong way to handle prospects, but it's what the UFC does consistently.

I expect the UFC will give Kron someone in his next fight or two for whom he's completely unready and he'll get KTFO. Which is bad and the wrong way to handle prospects, but it's what the UFC does consistently.

because dana doesnt believe in the gracies he gave renzo matt hughes off the gate lol or maybe renzo asked for him but yeah the ufc knows/thinks they wont be able to make it far with just pure jiu jitsu alone so from a fiancial standpoint why do them any favors? its bad business

lots heavier hands for one

and the fact hes massssive for 145

Gary tonon has a sick right hand... did you watch all of his fights or are you just guessing? Also, he’s athletic as fuck, max is not by any means more athletic than Gary... he’s got all the tools to develop...

To.be honest, does kron seem to you like he’s ever going to be ready? Seriously his wrestling sucks, as soon as he faces defensive boxer/wrestler who isn’t dumb enough to grapple with him, he’s done.

To.be honest, does kron seem to you like he’s ever going to be ready? Seriously his wrestling sucks, as soon as he faces defensive boxer/wrestler who isn’t dumb enough to grapple with him, he’s done.

His striking looked okay, what little we saw of it against Caceres. I don't think he'll ever be a power top guy, but if he develops decent boxing and wrestling (I don't think his wrestling is that bad, it's just not great) along with his ground game he could do all right. He's not winning a title, but he could be a fringe top 15 guy.

lots of bjj guys atm are really trying to abuse the hell out of the "broom stick" takedown from the back guys are getting better at defending it as well askren had trouble using it vs robby its funny how things come in waves a new tec comes onto the scene then others learn it and practice hard t stopping it

Gary tonon has a sick right hand... did you watch all of his fights or are you just guessing? Also, he’s athletic as fuck, max is not by any means more athletic than Gary... he’s got all the tools to develop...

he doesnt hit no where near like ortega does... and yes iv watched his fights hes done better than lots of others if he continues to show improvement like he has been with his other styles then he will do very well

well kron is in the UFC, I really dont think Kron is going to suprass tonon in mma, tonon seems to have way better wrestling, seems to be more athletic and to be for real, I dont really think kron is that much better grappler.

I really like Kron’s unique style of jiu jitsu in tournaments. His sleeve & collar guard is really cool. He is so fun to watch in jiu jitsu tournaments. I personally don’t feel Tonon is more athletic that Kron. I would say they are the same or that Kron might even be more athletic. Kron has great explosiveness, agility, timing and best of all, naturally good cardio, even since competing as a purple. I’ve never seen him gasping. I’ve seen him take a breather now and then but he doesn’t ever look truly spent.

I think Tonon has equal or even better MMA grappling. I think Tonon has a more wrestler feel to his takedowns and scrambles and I believe his submission offense has more variety. He’s got the Renzo lineage and the modern leg leg lock system going. He’s also more able to combine all the fighting styles more seamlessly than Kron who looks more robotic. It’s like you can see Kron going through each phase 1) stay safe 2) draw out strike 3) close distance and takedown 4) Achieve safety on ground 5) Submission

Whereas Tonon blends things well and is more loose, IMO.

Last edited:
he doesnt hit no where near like ortega does... and yes iv watched his fights hes done better than lots of others if he continues to show improvement like he has been with his other styles then he will do very well

How would you know that? From what we’ve seen, he almost took some dudes head off with a right hand... his gnp looks nasty too, Ortega looks way more stiff.

Isn't Tonon not punching as hard as someone who has been training striking for a lot longer something to be expected?

Isn't Tonon not punching as hard as someone who has been training striking for a lot longer something to be expected?

It is, but to Be for real, power mostly comes as a natural gift, yes technique helps, but if you don’t have it you just don’t have it...

It is, but to Be for real, power mostly comes as a natural gift, yes technique helps, but if you don’t have it you just don’t have it...

exactly.. you can make improvements sure but id say its 70 natural ability 30 technique

Back