Tonight we'll witness the gap between....

Yeah and when Jones wins his haters will claim that DC was out of his prime, fat, had bad cut, was injured, too old etc...

Seriously. Credentials are great, but this isn't wrestling. MMA is a completely different sport with a whole host of different variables to consider. I'm not downplaying DC in the least but he didn't exactly steamroll Frank Mir, a guy who is notorious for having problems with strong wrestlers.

That's one fight. I love it when someone picks out one fight to define a fighter. That makes so much sense.

Bones is the runt of his family. If the dude had any of the size or athletic ability of his brothers, he would be alongside them in the NFL.

Dude got dealt the shitty hand in his gene-pool, cheaped out, and chose MMA...

Not sure if trolling or not...

But I'd rather be known as the greatest fighter in the world, rather than the best american football player in the world.

Kevin Jackson won the gold medal in the olympics. In other words, he was a better wrestler than DC. Vlad Matsuyshenko beat Jackson in freestyle wrestling. So Vlad was an olympic caliber wrestler. How did Vlad's attempt to manhandle Jones go?

Yoel Romero is a better wrestler than DC (silver medalist, even DC says Romero is better). Somehow all these people saying DC will manhandle Jones don't talk about or believe Romero will with Weidman. Hmmm. I think the dislike for Jones just miiiiiiiigt be influencing some peoples' s analysis of this fight.

What do I have to do with this :D

Or the talent gap between lhw and hw

But I'd rather be known as the greatest fighter in the world, rather than the best american football player in the world.

Well that's you. The best football players and baseball players get way higher caliber punani and make way more $$$.

Even moreso for Daniel Cormier. lol

Who has Cormier beaten that is or was primed? No one, that's who.

I'm rooting for DC, but I kind of have to agree on this one. I honestly think his biggest win was over Josh Barnett or Bigfoot Silva, and although they are both solid HW's, they're not elite or top of their division.

I guess a win over Roy Nelson isn't too shabby either, but that's about it.

Padded record? They've pretty much have been lining him up with the best. Maybe his up and coming came at a convenient time while guys were getting past there prime but has slaughtered everyone in his way thus far. That being said jones takes this.

Past their prime would be an understatement for Barnett and Hendo who both started their careers in 1997, 17 years ago. :eek:

10899332_1536524696626847_1830580089_n.jpg

AKA DON'T FEAR NO MUSCLES.

4281218-6083399682-Brock.jpg

UFC121.jpg

Bones is the runt of his family. If the dude had any of the size or athletic ability of his brothers, he would be alongside them in the NFL.

Dude got dealt the shitty hand in his gene-pool, cheaped out, and chose MMA...

The Jones family has 3 sons, 2 in the NFL and the 3rd is the UFC LHW GOAT and you are talking about being cheated in the gene pool.

The Jones family has 3 sons, 2 in the NFL and the 3rd is the UFC LHW GOAT and you are talking about being cheated in the gene pool.

I've come to the realization that The Green Lantern goes full retard when the subject is Jon Jones.

That's good for you, but the reality is being in the nfl brings way more recognition, acclaim n $$$ then being so called best in the pseudo sport in the dying organization

4 sons, bro. Walter (NFL HoF'er), Arthur, little pipsqueak Jon, and Chandler (the youngest)

Jon got the short end of the stick in the athleticism dept compared to his brothers, but that's ok I guess. His bros are making them NFL dollas while he pokes people in the eyes for peanuts....

And Tito is the LHW GOAT. Not Bones. Prime Tito stops Bones. Prime Frank Shamrock subs him in under 90 seconds. This GOAT talk is way too early with Bones and I dont get where it comes from...

It's tough to imagine either guy losing considering how dominant they have both looked.

But a Jones victory is probably best for the sport.

Back