Tonight we'll witness the gap between....

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by deadshot138, Jan 3, 2015.

1. deadshot138

deadshot138 Black Belt

Olympic athletes and C level athletes. DC will run through Jones without issue. Jones' record is padded with undersized and/or past prime opponents. This will be a slaughter and Jones will run home and cry to mama. Bet the house on the Incredulous One.

2. Maripucci

Maripucci Brown Belt

Can't wait to bump this thread after tonight!

DC will be on suicide watch another missed opportunity

3. lelouch

lelouch Purple Belt

4. Hagelslag2

Hagelslag2 Brown Belt

DC is hardly the first Olympian to fight in a title fight...

5. sthpark

sthpark Orange Belt

Didn't Ishi (gold medal Judo) just get blasted by a past prime Cro Cop?

6. iboufring**

iboufring** Green Belt

Yoel romero vs Derek brunson

7. The Accuser

The Accuser Brown Belt

There will be a gap. But who will end up on the upper side of it?

This fight will definitely be lopsided. Don't know who wins but it won't be close.

DC cannot stay on the outside, he has to rush in in order to beat Jones. On the inside Cormier will ragdoll Jones being the better wrestler and the stronger guy.

So DC won't stay on the outside because he knows he loses there. Jones will not let DC get close voluntarily because he knows he will land on his head if he does. So DC will fight to get close and Jones will fight to keep it at long range. Accordingly, there are two possible scenarios:

1. Either Jones catches Cormier coming in and hurts him badly. Short night for DC.
    2. Or DC manages to get in close and demolishes Jones.

One thing to consider which favors Jones: DC will have to rush in several times. At least once per round but probably a lot more often. And Jones only needs to catch him once with something big. So DC has to take more risks than Jones in order to win this fight. Jones doesn't have to take a risk at all, comfortably staying on the outside.

This is how the fight will play out. I would still pick DC but it's a coin toss because Jones could catch him with something big any moment when DC rushes in which he will have to do. This might actually result in a stoppage due to an eye poke when DC rushes in which would lead to a rematch.

8. mkess101

mkess101 World Series or bust...

Kevin Jackson won the gold medal in the olympics. In other words, he was a better wrestler than DC. Vlad Matsuyshenko beat Jackson in freestyle wrestling. So Vlad was an olympic caliber wrestler. How did Vlad's attempt to manhandle Jones go?

Yoel Romero is a better wrestler than DC (silver medalist, even DC says Romero is better). Somehow all these people saying DC will manhandle Jones don't talk about or believe Romero will with Weidman. Hmmm. I think the dislike for Jones just miiiiiiiigt be influencing some peoples' s analysis of this fight.

9. Quadrivium

Quadrivium Purple Belt

How the hell has Anderson Silva never been the true UFC champion..?

Not sure how anyone is meant to take anything you say seriously when you can make a statement like that.

10. KrausersRevenge

KrausersRevenge Free from ignorance. Platinum Member

I hate Jones, but the fact is the man has thus faced a murderer's row and trying to discredit what he has done is pretty small minded.

Hoping that DC takes that belt tonight though, definitely.

11. Jeff Goldblum69

Jeff Goldblum69 Brown Belt

Thought this thread was going to be about thigh gaps :(

12. NunoBernie

NunoBernie Green Belt

Jones has had a fair share of past their prime opponents, but the majority were still very relevant and genuine top10 material.
    I'm rooting for Cormier and have confidence he will win, but I doubt it will look "easy".

I dislike Jones, the person, but as a fighter he is top 5 all-time, with potential to reach number 1. If he manages to beat Cormier, it will be a major feather to his cap.

13. choke you

choke you strangulation belt

Padded record? They've pretty much have been lining him up with the best. Maybe his up and coming came at a convenient time while guys were getting past there prime but has slaughtered everyone in his way thus far. That being said jones takes this.

14. SlicerDM

SlicerDM Peace is a lie, there is only passion Double Yellow Card

Lol did you just compare Vlad to DC. Gtfo LOL

15. Axe720

Axe720 Brown Belt

Seriously. Credentials are great, but this isn't wrestling. MMA is a completely different sport with a whole host of different variables to consider. I'm not downplaying DC in the least but he didn't exactly steamroll Frank Mir, a guy who is notorious for having problems with strong wrestlers.

16. The Green Lantern

The Green Lantern Beware My Power...

Bones is the runt of his family. If the dude had any of the size or athletic ability of his brothers, he would be alongside them in the NFL.

Dude got dealt the shitty hand in his gene-pool, cheaped out, and chose MMA...

17. Quadrivium

Quadrivium Purple Belt

This. Really dislike the guy but his talent is undeniable.

18. Lebowski

Lebowski Cunning Linguist

I would like to see DC win, but my money would be on Jones if I was betting.

Jones has the advantage in age, height, reach, versatility, speed and MMA experience (ESPECIALLY at the championship level.) Olympic wrestling is not MMA wrestling. It is 2015 do we still not realize this? If DC gets Jones down he probably won't be active enough in the guard/mount and the ref will have to stand them up shortly after I am sure.

I really don't want this to be another one sided Jones fight but I think it will be. I think DC will probably start gassing in round 3 assuming he makes it that far. Again though I will be ecstatic if DC wins. I just don't know how long he would stay as champion if he did win, he is 36 after all.

19. Kote Gaeshi

Kote Gaeshi Green Belt

20. Okajima

Okajima Red Belt

Yoshida beat him senseless as well.