Rumored Tonight there are a few things guaranteed to happen that go without saying

It’s almost a certainty that Nick Diaz will not be getting knocked out, when was the last time a Diaz was stopped? Nick throwing the towel in on Nate, this undoubtedly won’t happen tonight. We can’t say with any certainty say the same thing for Robbie

Diaz will attempt to show us something different and special during the fight (gif material), it will will likely be predicted around clowning or disrespecting his opponent

Robbie is at a distinct unfair disadvantage as far as expectations to perform, his execution tonight will likely be critiqued by the fans and the pundits alike

As much as it defies logic, the longer the fight goes the better it will be for Nick, Lawler has been the more active fighter, going a full 5 rounds on multiple occasions, yet Diaz will be at an advantage in the war of attrition if it comes to cardio

Discuss, critique, agree or argue these claims Sherdog
I don't quite agree with your last point.
Nick has been out since forever. I don't think he has the same gas he had before.
The fact he was so out of shape not to make weight is also another factor.
IMHO Robbie won't get knocked down again. And he does not wilt as times passes.
I foresee him getting beaten in the first rounds, but turns things around and wins the latter rounds, with a tired Nick just holding on for the fight to end.

It’s almost a certainty that Nick Diaz will not be getting knocked out, when was the last time a Diaz was stopped? Nick throwing the towel in on Nate, this undoubtedly won’t happen tonight. We can’t say with any certainty say the same thing for Robbie

Diaz will attempt to show us something different and special during the fight (gif material), it will will likely be predicted around clowning or disrespecting his opponent

Robbie is at a distinct unfair disadvantage as far as expectations to perform, his execution tonight will likely be critiqued by the fans and the pundits alike

As much as it defies logic, the longer the fight goes the better it will be for Nick, Lawler has been the more active fighter, going a full 5 rounds on multiple occasions, yet Diaz will be at an advantage in the war of attrition if it comes to cardio

Discuss, critique, agree or argue these claims Sherdog
5th round Robbie getting no credit here buddeh.

As long as he doesn't get (T)KO'd while "perform antics"....I can pretty much accept anything else, regardless of the outcome.

I thinks it’s pretty crazy to say it’s impossible Nick doesn’t get stopped. Everyone’s chin gives out eventually.

Along with that, fights nowadays get stopped much earlier than fights did in Nicks hay day. If his fight vs Daley happened in today’s UFC he might honestly have lost via TKO, depending on the ref.

Has Nick kicked anything solid over the last 6 years? How conditioned are his shins. What if Robbie comes out with a gameplan to kick the legs non stop? Nick is already shit at checking leg kicks, now he's older with much slower reflexes. His lack of leg/shin conditioning might be a real problem.

It’s a lose lose for Robbie. If he wins, he will squeak back into the top 15 where he likely gets fed to a prospect. If he loses, he’s on the hot seat.
I wonder if he’s getting a pay bump for fighting (ie dealing with) Nick?

That we have a fuckn fantastic night of fights

Around 5pm et
Joshua vs Usyk

Right after at 6pm
UFC266

Im pumped like I havent been in a long time
I fucking love you you beautiful person!

I forgot about the Joshua fight.

Been a long time since Nick has been in the cage. I don't think he'll be disrespecting/clowning like his younger self.

Nick is almost 40 years old. Its the height of delusion to say its impossible for him to get KO/TKO'd

If you stick around long enough, everyone gets old in fighting and everyones chin looks bad eventually. Nick hasn't fought in a dog's life.

I think the big question coming in to tonight is why did Nick show up fight week substantially overweight?

truthfully i think this fight be a total dud...but keep actin like their 20 years younger..
It’s honestly totally possible that both men are so far faded from their primes that it looks like a bad early prelims fight. Hopefully the fighters have enough in the career gas tank to pull off a memorable showing... the last minute move to 185 however does suggest lack of commitment on someone’s part, that is unless they reached out to each other and confirmed a gentleman’s agreement, which is rare, but isn’t unheard of. I might be wrong,but IIRC Wandy versus Stann was contracted at MW, but they mutually agreed to fight at LHW. Damn that was a long time ago, UFC on Fuel card, LoL

Nick is almost 40 years old. Its the height of delusion to say its impossible for him to get KO/TKO'd

If you stick around long enough, everyone gets old in fighting and everyones chin looks bad eventually. Nick hasn't fought in a dog's life.

I think the big question coming in to tonight is why did Nick show up fight week substantially overweight?
If he gets knocked the phuck out, I plan on bumping my own thread for a midnight snack of crow...haha

Robbie was able to go 5 rounds because he didn't expend energy on offense.

Back